- "Michael needs a job and turns to an old friend for help."
In debt for destroying Martin's friend's deck, Michael goes to an old friend called Lester. Upon getting to his doorstep, he notices a security camera is aimed at him, causing him to flip off and ask to be let in. After being let in, Lester retrieves an alert about Lifeinvader founder, Jay Norris. He throws Michael a backpack, containing an explosive device, and ask him to buy some "youthful" clothing at SubUrban. After this, Lester gives him instructions to infiltrate the Lifeinvader offices and place the device in their latest prototype phone.
Once at the Lifeinvader offices, Michael waits at the back entrance as an employee walks outside for a smoke and lets him in. He mistakenly assumes Michael is a tech support agent and asks Michael to resolve the endless spam mail on his computer. After this is done, Michael finds the prototype, plants the explosive, and leaves.
Lester then instructs Michael to head home and watch Norris' reveal of the prototype on TV. When he gets home, he kicks Tracey - who was watching Fame or Shame - out of the lounge, and turns it to Weazel News. Waiting until Norris actually reveals the phone, Michael rings the phone using his own. Once Norris answers, confused at the unexpected call, the phone explodes and kills him instantly as the crowd flees in horror.
Lester calls, saying the incident has generated a huge profit for him on the stock market, and agrees to help Michael.
- Go to the Suburban store in Vinewood.
- Go to the Lifeinvader offices.
- Go to the rear entrance.
- Follow the programmer.
- Rig the prototype.
- Exit the building.
- Watch the keynote at Michael's house.
- Wait for Jay Norris to pull out the prototype phone and then give him a call.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 08:30.
- Popups Clear - Clear all popups within 32 seconds.
- After this mission, Rickie Luckens, an employee from Lifeinvader, will call and say he just got fired because of Michael and needs work. Michael can use him for the Heists.
- After this mission, if you go back to the SubUrban store where you bought the clothes as Michael, the attendant will ask you how was the job interview.
- Should you fail to call Jay during the press conference, he will comment that somebody was supposed to call him right then and storms off, breaking the prototype by throwing it on the stage.
- The phone bomb is a reference to the 2009 crime thriller Law Abiding Citizen, where Clyde Sheldon assassinates a judge with a rigged cell phone bomb.