- Love: "Now, I'm no democrat, but even I draw the line at vote rigging. Did you know the Forellis own a silent share of the company making the new voting machines?"
- Toni: "That's bad, right?"
- Love: "Well, we certainly can't trust them. No, it's best if they all have a MAJOR malfunction..."
- —Donald Love tells Toni Cipriani about the rigged voting machines
Friggin' the Riggin' is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Donald Love from Donald Love's construction site in the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops round Donald Love's construction site, and Love informs Toni that the Forellis own a share of the company making the voting machines. Love tells Toni that even he wouldn't rig the vote, and that Toni should go down to the factory and "cause a malfunction"(Get rid of the votes). Toni first goes to Phil Cassidy's Fully Cocked Gun Shop and collects a flamethrower that Love had already paid for. Toni then drives to Fort Staunton, killing a number of Forelli family gang members and destroying eight pallets of fake ballot papers and then the two printing machines. Two Forelli vans attempt to escape, but Toni chases them down and destroys them, completing the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Phil Cassidy's Fully Cocked Gun Shop
- Get the flame thrower from Phil Cassidy's gun shop
- Go to the Forelli Warehouse and torch their ballot papers
- Torch the ballot and destroy the printing machines
- Destroy the remaining Forelli vans
- Now get out of Fort Shaunton
- Various members of the Forelli Family - Killed by Toni Cipriani for getting in his way of burning and destroying pallets of fake ballot papers and two printing machines, as well as for attempting to vote rig the election in favor of Miles O'Donovan.
The reward for completing the mission is $1,500 and the mission Love & Bullets is unlocked. Phil Cassidy's Fully Cocked Gun Shop is also unlocked. Toni is free to keep the flamethrower should it still has ammunition.
- The third part of the mission - chasing the vans - can be avoided if Toni destroys the two vans parked outside the facility before going after the machines. Some grenades spawn near the vans if the player doesn't want to use limited flamethrower fuel; alternately, a vehicle equipped with an 8-ball bomb will also take out the vans. (As a bonus, the explosion may also take out one or more of the pallets inside.) If this strategy is followed, all Toni has to do after destroying the presses and pallets is to leave the Fort Staunton area.
- The name of the mission is a reference to the Sex Pistols drinking/pirate song "Friggin' in the Riggin'", also known as "The Good Ship Venus".
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|