|Be warned that using cheats may cause unintended side effects and/or hinder game progress.|
Use cheats at your own risk.
In Grand Theft Auto IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, cheats are activated by typing a cheat phone number into Niko Bellic's, Johnny Klebitz's, or Luis Fernando Lopez's mobile phone. After this has been done once, the cheat will be stored in the phone, and accessible from the "Cheats" menu there.
Be warned that entering some of these cheats in the game will disable certain achievements/trophies, player should do so that their own risk. Accessing Whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com website is different from cheats, and will not affect the status of gameplay. There is no way to unblock the achievements except for re-loading the game without saving after the cheat has been activated. However, if a player uses any of these cheats, but still desires all the achievements, they can simply start a new game file and complete the first mission. Then there are no blocks on the achievements. Also, because of the way that cheats work, they may have undesired effects on gameplay, such as glitches.
Inputting cheats does not block the player from getting 100% completion, just achievements/trophies. Note that in the DLCs only work in their respective DLCs. They do not work if one switches back to Niko Bellic's storyline, or if you try and use Johnny's cheats, in Luis's storyline, or if you try and use Luis's cheats in Johnny's storyline. However, Niko's cheats work in Johnny's storyline and Luis's storyline.
Weapons, Health and Armor
|Refill Health, Armor & Ammo, Repair Vehicle, Advanced Weapons Set||482-555-0100|
|Cleaned the Mean Streets|
|Refill Health & Armor, Repair Vehicle||362-555-0100|
|Cleaned the Mean Streets, Finish Him*|
|Advanced Weapons Set |
(Baseball Bat, Combat Pistol, Combat Shotgun, SMG, Carbine Rifle, Combat Sniper, and Rocket Launcher)
|Cleaned the Mean Streets*|
|Poor Weapons Set |
(Knife, Pistol, Pump Shotgun, Micro SMG, Assault Rifle, Combat Sniper, Molotov Cocktail, and Rocket Launcher)
|Cleaned the Mean Streets*|
|Cycles weather sequentially to the next condition (same order as the time.cyc file), there are eight different weather conditions||468-555-0100|
|Clear Wanted Level||267-555-0100|
|Walk Free, One Man Army*|
|Add 1 Wanted Star||267-555-0150|
* Confirmed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, restarting the system, and reloading the game will re-enable the achievements/trophies.
|While outside, bring up the cell phone and insert the following phone numbers to spawn the vehicles listed. (inputting the numbers while inside saves the number if first inputted but does not spawn the vehicle.)|
|FIB Buffalo (FIB Sedan)||227-555-0100|
|Cognoscenti (Luxury Sedan/Limousine)||227-555-0142|
|Comet (Sports car)||227-555-0175|
|Annihilator (NOOSE Armed Helicopter)||359-555-0100|
|Walk Free, One Man Army|
|Super GT (Sports car)||227-555-0168|
|NRG 900 (Sports bike/MotoGP bike)||625-555-0100|
|Turismo (Sports car)||227-555-0147|
Stevie's Car Theft Trick
If the player has completed all 30 of Stevie's Car theft missions, Stevie will pay cash for almost any car delivered to his garage. Using vehicle-spawning cheats, the player can exploit this arrangement for as much money as he or she wants. Below are the prices of the (eligible) spawnable vehicles; keep in mind that this table is presuming that the car is just spawned and has not taken any damage. The FIB Buffalo and the Jetmax are unsellable spawn vehicles and the Annihilator cannot fit in Stevie's garage.
Most cars have a low sale value, however driving gently into a wall (enough to scrape the paint) will dramatically improve the value of certain cars. For example, when the Cognoscenti is spawned and sold in perfect condition, Niko will get $8,000; scraping the car against the wall of the garage while entering will change the payout to the full retail value, $10,500 (some have reported the value further increasing to $10,800). Presumably this is a game bug, possibly the game lowering the base value of the cars for reselling, but uses the full price to decide the value when broken in the garage.
- Another cheat to get full health, armor, ammo and repair one's vehicle can be used if the player is driving the Mr. Tasty ice-cream truck; cycle through the ice cream jingles (using the horn button) until the GTA IV theme plays, then call the ZiT Service (948-555-0100). Although not documented as such, this will block the achievement/trophy 'Finish Him.'
- Repeatedly activating the Wanted Level Down code while the player is in a restricted area such as Francis International Airport is a useful way to obtain the rarer law enforcement vehicles such as the Enforcer, NOOSE Cruiser or NOOSE Patriot. After using the cheat, there is a brief window of opportunity where Law Enforcement officers will not attack Niko. Simply drive a vehicle around and come to a halt, so that the officers get out of their vehicles. Then, walk towards the chosen vehicle while continuing to repeatedly activate the cheat, get in, and drive away. It should be noted that being in the restricted area will immediately reactivate the wanted level, so it is wise to try and leave the restricted area first before using the cheat to remove the wanted level one more time.
- Note that outrunning cops who try to stop the player skipping islands when Niko is in a spawned Jetmax will NOT give the Walk Free achievement but can be obtained later on in the same save file after being wasted.
- When riding around in a cab, entering and using cheats do not block achievements for the Xbox 360.
- Inputting the cheats for GTA IV onto GTA V's phone will cause the cheat to fail to load and make odd noises; the FIB Buffalo cheat will cause alien-like beeps, while others may make the dial-up modem noise.
- Inputting a vehicle cheat near an NPC or a vehicle may cause them to despawn. Bikes seem to only be able to only be able to make NPCs and other bikes disappear, but any other cheat vehicle should cause all vehicles to despawn.
- If a vehicle is being driven by law enforcement while the player has a wanted level then a cheat vehicle cannot make it vanish, but strangely this does not apply to the actual police when outside a vehicle.
The Lost and Damned
The downloadable content adds cheats to spawn new vehicles. These do not block any achievements or trophies. In addition, any of the cheats from the main game can be used, and do not block any achievements in The Lost and Damned.
|Innovation (chopper bike)||245-555-0100|
|Double T Custom (sports bike)||245-555-0125|
|Hexer (chopper bike)||245-555-0150|
|Hakuchou Custom (sports bike)||245-555-0199|
|Slamvan (gang van)||826-555-0100|
|Gang Burrito (gang van)||826-555-0150|
The Ballad of Gay Tony
These are the cheats introduced in The Ballad of Gay Tony. Unlike GTA IV's and TLAD's cheats, TBoGT's cheats cannot be found anywhere in-game.
|Bullet GT (sports car)||227-555-9666|
|Luis throws explosive punches*||276-555-2666|
|Explosive sniper rounds||486-555-2526|
|Akuma (sports bike)||625-555-0200|
|Vader (sports bike)||625-555-3273|
- Explosive Punches deactivates if killed or if the player start a mission, Drug War and cannot be used in Cage Fights.
- Explosive sniper rounds deactivates if you start a mission and Drug War.
- GTAcheater.com - All cheat codes and cheater Social Club (Down for hackers)
- Cheats in GTA III
- Cheats in GTA Vice City
- Cheats in GTA San Andreas
- Cheats in GTA Liberty City Stories
- Cheats in GTA Vice City Stories
- Cheats in GTA Chinatown Wars
- Cheats in GTA V