|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The Doomsday Heist is a content update for Grand Theft Auto Online, released on December 12, 2017.
- "A billionaire tech mogul, an idealistic intelligence agent, a socially awkward conspiracy theorist and a neurotic supercomputer have been forced into an unlikely alliance to save San Andreas from total annihilation. As apocalyptic threats mount from enemies unknown, you and your criminal crew are enlisted to un-tangle mysteries and eradicate threats spanning from the bustling streets of downtown Los Santos to the ocean floor and all the way to the inner depths of Mount Chiliad in an epic new online adventure."
- ―Rockstar Newswire
This update features a new storyline, which begins with the GTA Online Protagonists are reunited by Lester Crest and a new character, billionaire Avon Hertz. The protagonist, Lester, and Avon unite with government agents, including Agent 14 and Phoenicia Rackman. Avon believes that an unknown foreign entity is trying to start a war and would put San Andreas and the United States under a "doomsday scenario". The heist crew is involved in several missions, which introduce new military-grade vehicles and weapons featured within the update.
The Doomsday Heist itself is a three-act sequence of missions involving Heist Prep (skippable via payment of GTA$) and Setup missions before undertaking Heist Finales in each act.
Six additional weapons can be upgraded into their Mk II variants in a Weapons Workshop, and are found alongside the six weapons previously added in the Gunrunning update. They have the same Research requirements as previous weapons, so any shared option can be unlocked
|SNS Pistol Mk II||Mark II version of the SNS Pistol. Resembles an AMT Backup.|
|Heavy Revolver Mk II||Mark II version of the Heavy Revolver. Looks like a modernized Taurus Raging Bull.|
|Special Carbine Mk II||Mark II version of the Special Carbine. Seems to retain the Heckler & Koch G36C appearance, but with changes in its main parts (handguard and stock).|
|Bullpup Rifle Mk II||Mark II version of the Bullpup Rifle. It appears to combine elements from the Kel-Tec RFB and the FAMAS.|
|Pump Shotgun Mk II||Mark II version of the Pump Shotgun. Still resembles a Mossberg 590, but with extra additions, such as a heat shield over its barrel and a different stock.|
|Marksman Rifle Mk II||Mark II version of the Marksman Rifle. Appears to be based on a M39 EMR/Mk. 14 Mod 1 EBR, with a different grip and stock.|
|Double-Action Revolver||A double-action revolver based on the Colt M1892.|
23 new vehicles are now available:
- 10 weaponized vehicles
- 9 standard vehicles
- 3 optional weaponized vehicles
- 1 alternative model of a pre-existing vehicle (cutscene-only)
|Available to purchase immediately|
|Buckingham Akula||An attack helicopter based on the RAH-66 Comanche, with elements from the Kamov Ka-50 "Black Shark".|
|HVY Barrage||A weaponized ATV seemingly based on the HDT Storm SRTV (Search & Rescue Tactical Vehicle).|
|HVY Chernobog||A ballistic missile launcher truck strongly based on the MAZ-543M, but replacing the BM-30 Smerch with a 15-tube launch pod (which uses a standard box-shaped framing).|
|Coil Raiden||An electric sports sedan based on the Tesla Model S.|
|Declasse Yosemite||A stanced pickup truck based on the Chevrolet C10. Returning from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.|
|Imponte Deluxo||A flight-capable sports car inspired by the DeLorean DMC-12 based DeLorean time machine from the Back To The Future series. Returning from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.|
|Mammoth Avenger||A tiltrotor aircraft based on the V-22 Osprey.|
|An unobtainable variant of the Avenger with folded wings.
(used in the cutscene of the Avenger being parked in the facility)
|Mammoth Thruster||A jet pack. Returning from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.|
|Ocelot Pariah||A sports car seems to be based on the Ferrari 812 Superfast.|
|Ocelot Stromberg||A submersible sports car inspired by the Lotus Esprit based Wet Nellie from the 1977 James Bond movie The Spy Who Loved Me.|
|Pfister Comet Safari||Off-road variant of the Comet Retro Custom.|
|RCV||A law enforcement 6-wheeled armored truck resembling the INKAS Armored Riot Control Vehicle.|
|TM-02 Khanjali||A futuristic stealth tank based on the Polish light tank PL-01.|
|Ubermacht SC1||A super car based on the BMW M1 Concept, with the rear resembling the BMW i8.|
|Vapid Riata||A heavy duty off-road truck based on the Ford Bronco Concept.|
|Volatol||A V-bomber based on the Avro Vulcan.|
|Unlocked as part of Event Weeks||Week|
|Albany Hermes||Returning from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, based on the Mercury Eight.||Festive Surprise 2017|
December 25, 2017
|Annis Savestra||A classic compact Japanese sports car based on the Mazda RX3/Savannah.||Savestra Week|
January 2, 2018
|Benefactor Streiter||A suburban SUV derived from the Mercedes-Benz E-Class All Terrain 4x4²||Festive Surprise 2017|
December 23, 2017
|Grotti GT500||A classic sports car resembling the Ferrari 250 GT SWB.||Air Quota Week|
January 16, 2018
|Lampadati Viseris||A classic sports car based on the De Tomaso Pantera.||Viseris Week|
January 9, 2018
|Overflod Autarch||A hypercar based on the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003.||Festive Surprise 2017|
December 26, 2017
|Ubermacht Sentinel Classic||A classic sports car based on the BMW M3 (E30).||Festive Surprise 2017|
December 19, 2017
9 new properties have been added to Maze Bank Foreclosures as base Facilities for the three Acts of the Doomsday Heist. Most of the new Warstock vehicles require the ownership of a Facility and land vehicles are stored within the player's facility. The new Aircraft require Hangars for storage, with the exception of the Avenger, which is stored in the Facility. There is a Heist Setup room located inside the Facility.
Facilities provide garage space for 7 personal/weaponized vehicles.
- Over 20 new items of clothing have been added to GTA Online for male and female characters.
- Over 30 new tattoos have been added to GTA Online.
- 26 new face paints have been added to GTA Online.
- Eight new achievements/trophies have been added to GTA Online.
- The Battle Axe has been moved from the DLC weapon wall to the melee weapon cabinet in Ammu-Nation.
- Lester’s “Remove Wanted Level” ability will become FREE upon completion of The Doomsday Heist.
- Players can now control the doors of the Personal Aircraft via the “Door Control” Interaction Menu option.
- A new radio station, blonded Los Santos 97.8 FM, is introduced to both GTA Online and GTA V. It is hosted by Frank Ocean.
- Fixed inconsistencies between the amounts of stock the Free Trade Shipping Co. app displays and how much the Hangar owner actually has.
- Fixed issues that resulted in players getting stuck when trying to enter/exit their Hangar.
- Fixed a glitch that allowed players to add pearlscents on non-metallic paintjobs.
- Adjustments to the brake disks that clipped on the Vagner.
- Adjustments to door positioning on the Visione.
- Changes made to the smashed windows effect on the Visione and Seabreeze.
- Changes made to how Transform Races appear in the Rockstar Editor.
Discounts & Bonuses
- Double GTA$ payouts for Associates of Organizations.
- Triple RP in the Premium Race.
- 25% Ammu-Nation discount on many weapons and upgrades:
- All SMGs
- All Pistols
- All Shotguns
- All Sniper Rifles
- All Machine Guns
- All Body Armor
- All Explosives and Throwables
- Luxury Finishes
- Doomsday Social Club Sweepstakes offering the chance to win a range of Rockstar Warehouse gear:
- Camo Merryweather Security Hat
- Black Merryweather Tee
- Merryweather Polo
- GTAV Hoodie
- Black Rockstar Camo Tee
- Merryweather Heat Changing Mug
- GTAV Gold Bar USB
- GTAV Power Magnet
- GTAV Chrome Zippo
- A Doomsday-themed Snapmatic Contest is available to take part in between December 12 and December 18, 2017.
- Players will need to tag their entry with "#DOOMSDAY".
- Features from the Festive Surprise update returned for the event, as well as an anouncement for a snowfall, as well as upcoming features.
- The Übermacht Sentinel Classic became available in Southern San Andreas Super Autos, for $650,000.
- A new Adversary Mode, Occupy, was added.
- Double GTA$ and RP in the Adversary Mode, Occupy, through January 8th.
- 30% discount on selected properties and vehicles:
- Premium Race and Time Trial schedules.
- From December 19th to December 25th
- Premium Stunt Race - H200 (Locked to Sports)
- Time Trial - Sawmill
- From December 26th to January 1st
- Premium Stunt Race - Double Loop (Locked to Super)
- Time Trial - Cypress Flats
- From December 19th to December 25th
- The snowfall occured and is expected to be sticking around "in the next few days".
- The Benefactor Streiter became available in Southern San Andreas Super Autos, for $500,000.
- Five Christmas-themed liveries were added for the Mammoth Thruster, for free.
- Players who log to GTA Online in December 25th will receive the Albany Hermes for free.
- The Annis Savestra became available at Legendary Motorsport, for $990,000.
- Double GTA$ & RP in the Adversary Modes Occupy and Slashers.
- Several discounts on selected vehicles:
- Premium Race and Time Trial schedule:
- Premium Stunt Race - Duel (locked to Muscle)
- Time Trial - Up n Atom
- The Lampadati Viseris became available at Legendary Motorsport, for $875,000.
- Double GTA$ & RP on all Lester Contact missions, through January 15th.
- 25% discount on selected items:
- Premium Race and Time Trial schedule:
- Premium Stunt Race - Island Hopping (locked to Blazer Aqua)
- Time Trial - Maze Bank Arena
A new soundtrack, created and mixed by Oh No, was featured as part of the update. The soundtrack can be heard during The Doomsday Heist setups and the finale. Several Adversary Mode remixes can also be found in the files, but are not currently in use.
As already noted, Frank Ocean created the playlist for the radio station blonded Los Santos 97.8 FM, which was released with the update. It features a range of Contemporary R&B, Psychedelic Rock, Hip-Hop and Rap music, among other genres.