Welcome to GTA Wiki's Community Noticeboard.
Talk page rules apply here.
This noticeboard is for discussion and voting on changes to the wiki, reporting vandalism and wiki rule breaking, and reporting bad or unfair behaviour from GTA Wiki staff. Votes for the expiration of a Patroller's probation will also be held here.
For requests for promotion, please go to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
Since voting about a change can cause arguments, here are the rules.
- Anyone can start a topic for a community vote.
- Please be civil when voting, and never condemn another user's vote.
- Voting usually lasts 3 to 5 days.
Okay, this discussion again. I noticed a widespread split of several pages. Now, I can go off on one and say "It wasn't authorized" "This is a bad idea" blah, blah, blah. No, I do not want to deal with more fall out on this case. So, some vehicles, from what I've seen, have been unncessarily split. So I propose;
- Keep Kuruma (Armored) as part of the variants on the Kuruma page.
- Have a page for Baller LE, with armored in the variants section.
- Have a page for Baller LWB, with armored in the variants section.
- Have a page for Schafter LWB, with armored in the variants section.
- Have a page for Schafter V12, with armored in the variants section.
- Have a page for Schafter LWB, with armored in the variants section.
- Have a page for Cognoscenti 55, with armored in the variants section.
- Keep Cognoscenti (Armored) as part of the variants on the Cognoscenti page.
These cars (upgraded/changed Schafter, Baller & Cog) do have different design and some have different performances, but having armor doesn't warrant its own page.
The Buffalo S & Oracle XS have major differences so I can put my personal feelings to one side on this matter. Insurgent/9F/Rancher/Sentinel/Granger etc. can stay separate, because I know they're variants, but they have different performance, design and whatever else, so if it keeps the calm here, good, and if the Schafter is renamed, or the Baller or Cavalacade, then we'll split like we've done in the past. I just don't think there should be separate pages, jut because it has armor on it. The exception being Duke O'Death, because it has a different name, it's not just Dukes (Armored). Also, to close the matter on the Roosevelt Valor, if it comes out and has different performance, design and naming, that it should have its own page.
I also reccomend that we can add the note below to the MoS;
Vehicles variants that have significant changes in performance, design and naming, such as second generation vehicles, should be made as two separate pages.
I'm hoping that this issue can finally be resolved after all the issues in the last year or so surrounding it. If there's any other vehicles that have minor differences you feel need to be merged besides those listed above, or if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please leave it below. Leo68 (talk) 02:51, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
- So, you want to keep the armored variants into their respective pages? Well, I was thinking on that. Also, I noticed both the Rebel and the Sanchez are listed to split, which I found it quite odd, as both has slight changes (apart of the almost-impossible Buzzard, which was dropped). As for the MoS note, well, most second gen cars has the same names as the original cars (or 1st gen in that case), so that would be confusing for the Schafter and the Baller. For me, I would agree in your point, but I don't have control of the project. -- 03:41, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Can't see why the Rebel and Sanchez are split besides beater and livery changes, respectively. As for the MoS, if it's a vehicle like the Buffalo (which has S) or Oracle (XS), then it falls under the rule. Schafters, Cavalcades and Ballers, not yet, not unless R* change the name. Leo68 (talk) 03:49, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
- honestly Wilds idea of splitting EVERYTHING with differing names still attracts me more than the idea of merging armored ones. Why? Well, because now you're making exceptions. And exceptions = no consistency. If we just stick to the rule of 'different nsme = different page', there'll be absolutely no exceptions and it will be consistent. The way its going is fine to me. Monk Talk 07:27, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes but the most of these vehicles are split because they have different design and or performance. The armored vehicles have no differences in design or performance. They only have an altered name, so we have 8 pages of armored vehicles with identical design and performance to their stock vehicles. The design and performance difference is why pages were split in the first place. Leo68 (talk) 08:51, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Actually the performances between the armored versions differs, especially the new Cogs, Schafters, Ballers. Guy A (Junior) - That Ferrari Guy (talk) 15:06, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
Probation Expiry - That Ferrari Guy (Patroller)
That Ferrari "Guy"'s probation is pretty much up so it's time for everyone to vote as to whether they think he has passed. Remember, only admins and bureaucrats can vote, patrollers and normal users may leave comments.
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:18, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Affirmative - Monk Talk 19:27, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 20:24, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - 04:46, February 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes- Leo68 (talk) 02:51, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
- I think you've done really well in your second probation period. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:18, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- I believe that you have done an excellent job as a Patroller. I am quite confident that you will pass your probation. TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim (talk | contributions) 19:26, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- He did extremely well. Opened a little too early but tomorrow he won't be online till later (as far as I hear). Well done bud. Monk Talk 19:27, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- I haven't been around long enough to notice Guy's work, but he worked well last time around, and the votes above tell me he's done just as well. Closed as successful. Leo68 (talk) 02:51, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
Probation Expiry - TAlim 1994 (Patroller)
(Admins and Bureaucrats only)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 12:08, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 12:44, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - 16:09, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - Monk Talk 16:16, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - 16:34, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- I have decided to take the liberty of setting up my own probation expiry vote to save other Staff the trouble. Please vote when you are able to. Thank you. TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim (talk | contributions) 10:51, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
- You've done very well during your probation and it would be good for you to continue. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 12:08, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
- You made a good progress and you're efficient as a patroller. I say "yes". -- 16:09, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
- You did great. Monk Talk 16:16, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
Vehicle Variants System 2.0
Okay guys, you're probably going to shoot me for this, but I have a new idea. I suggested the idea (albeit hesitantly considering the outcome and affect it'd have on the Staff here) in Chat one evening with Leo, who agreed it was a fantastic idea. He agreed in a good manner and suggested I sent it to the Community Noticeboard to propose it. So, Leo, if you disagree now, I'm gonna kill you :P
The idea is, well, pretty simple really. Instead of shoving all the Variants into the same article of the main vehicle, create a sub-page "[Vehicle Name]/Variants" and list them all in there. I really think this makes it A LOT tidier. I have started my first example, here. I did the Granger. On the Granger article, at the variants section, you'll notice a "Main" template, which will link you to the Variants sub-page which lists all the emergency counterparts. For navigational purposes, the 4 variants are listed at the top, the links send you to the parts of the page (try it out, "Press me!" :P).
Now, I separated the pages with a "----" bar to make it clearer where each vehicle ends. I really like this system, and I'm confident it would work for many vehicles (only ones I'm concerned about are where we draw the line as what counts as a variant (example, Phantom and Rubble?), as well as when a vehicle crosses the Universe boundary but doesn't count as a variant in one of the Universes.
So, please, this is not a vote, as for now, I'm just letting you comment to see what you think. Again, this is only an alpha (not even beta) project, I want to see what you think.
Oh, one more thing, this is not a place to start an argument. If we start arguing in an uncivil manner, I'll simply close it and delete the project. Just tell me what you think, and if I get good reception, maybe I'll turn it into a vote.
- I think it is a good idea. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 12:25, January 24, 2016 (UTC)
- From what I see on the Granger examples, that would mean that pages like "Park Ranger", "FIB Granger", "Lifeguard SUV", etc. would no longer exist and be instead merged into "Granger/Variants" page. Correct? If so, no, never. They are separated for a reason, and it's pretty obvious a specific vehicle is a variant anyway - a mention such as "Main Article: [vehicle]" and a very short paragraph would be enough. It's good as it is now, and things like that are usually very volatile as evidenced from past votes/ideas. IMHO it would be a better idea to split everything, instead of having a hacky system of vehicle subsections like Kuruma (Armored), Insurgent Pick-Up, Rusty Rebel etc. have now - that would save the time and confusion of making and reading these pages - but the last time we agreed that only select vehicles would end up like the examples I mentioned so that would bring an end to these sort of ideas, and arguments resulting from them, which is why it'd be better to leave it as it is. 12:55, January 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah I agree. I was pretty hesitant myself when writing this and hence why i've only decided to right this more than a month after he suggested I put it forward. Again, it's just an idea and not something I'm insisting should be done. I only insist when I'm fully confident :P Monk Talk 14:23, January 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Your proposal is intriguing, but I must admit that it sounds like a monumental change, and not one which should be implemented on a whim. As "Wildbrick142" has said, it will not be a good idea to merge all the pages of different variants of vehicles that have substantially different stock performance specifications. Instead I would suggest creating a "Variants" heading on the page of the base vehicle, creating a sub-heading for each variant of the vehicle, adding a "Main" template that links to the vehicle page for that variant, and inserting a concise description on how the variant differs from the base vehicle. Also, a "Disambiglink" template should be placed at the start of the page of each variant, stating something along the lines of "For the vehicle that the [Variant Name] is based on, see [Base Vehicle Name]". TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim (talk | contributions) 07:09, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
Toning Down Trivia
Alright, well it's been discussed in the past, so to make it short: let's take it easy on the trivia and reserve it for stuff we have not seen. Pages, such as the Heavy Revolver for example (which I have fixed since), had information that was best well fit in the derscription section. Other pages contain trivia that was already mentioned, too obvious, speculative (most of the time), or in some cases, it was not even worth mentioning. I just want to get the community a heads-up to tone down the trivia and to make sure that the information you found regarding to a specific page is best suited in the description, appearance, etc.
- Agreed. Some of the GTA IV mission pages are the worst offenders for "trivia" I've seen. I'm all for Trivia sections but I personally think a section with one or two relevant facts is better than 20 irrelevant facts. Sam Talk 19:01, January 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Sounds good. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:37, January 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I completely agree that the trivia should be reserved for important and relevant facts regarding the article it refers to, but I should also point out that what one user regards as "important" might not be regarded as such by another, which may lead to potentially ugly disputes. Perhaps general guidelines for what should and should not be added to the trivia of each category of article (missions, characters, businesses, etc.) should be created to preempt such disputes. TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim (talk | contributions) 14:42, January 20, 2016 (UTC)
I think it's time for me to move on and resign as administrator, as I'm busy IRL to edit here and I've also been losing interest in the GTA series lately. Besides, it's fair for the most active patrollers to leave an open admin spot so one of them can be promoted. I'm not leaving the wiki, I will still edit here, but just not as often. Good luck everybody, and see you around :) DocVinewood (talk) 10:59, December 31, 2015 (UTC)
- Sheesh. Sorry to hear that my friend. You've been great here man. I've always looked up to you as a great admin. Have a great New Year and enjoy your life :) take care buddy. Monk Talk 11:15, December 31, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry to see you go Doc but I can fully understand why. Look after yourself and hopefully you'll be back soon. Happy New Year. Sam Talk 14:52, December 31, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry to see you go Doc. You've been great here and we really are thankful for the thousands of spectacular images you've added here. I also feel your case, as I myself am not as active as before and am losing interest in GTA as well, mostly because I'm focusing on other things in life and my future game and don't have much time for video games in general now. As I always said they're better things in life than video games. The only reason I'm not resigning is because I'm afraid to leave the wiki and all sorts of shit start up here such as vandals and what not. Anyways, I hope you find what you're looking for in life and have a happy new year. () 17:42, December 31, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
(Reset indent) It's a shame to see you go, Doc. I understand your point about being busy, but hey, you made it very well here, and that matters. Anyway, have a great one over there :D -- 03:32, January 2, 2016 (UTC)
It's a shame the year ends with another resignation. Can't say I'm not disappointed, Doc, you've done great things here, but I can understand your reasoning. Good luck. Leo68 (talk) 06:05, January 2, 2016 (UTC)
Probation Expiry - Myth hunter (Patroller)
(Admins and Bureaucrats only)
- Yes - Monk Talk 15:54, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 15:56, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:24, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - () 17:43, December 2, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Yes - DocVinewood (talk) 19:46, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Leo68 (talk) 21:58, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
- At first his edits were okay, then they dropped a bit, but he's managed to pick it up lately, and he did tell me his internet was causing issues in logging in, etc, so we can't exactly blame some of his inactivity, He'll fair well as a Patroller and makes good contributions, as well as reinforces the policies and always informs me about vandals to block. He's very useful in chat too, blocked many sockpuppets lately. He's a great Patroller, and I'm sure if the internet issues are fixed, he'll become active even more. Good luck Myth :) Monk Talk 15:54, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Though I've been absent and a lot less active recently sadly, I know Myth has improved a lot since his first time. He deserves the position without a doubt. () 17:43, December 2, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Really did improve since the last probabtion expiry. You have my yes in spirit. :) --Tony42898 (Talker - Blogger - Stalker)-- 19:45, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Activity was the only issue before, and that has been fixed. With my vote as the sixth yes, I am closing it as successful. Congratulations, Myth hunter. Leo68 (talk) 21:58, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
Mission Numbers in Infoboxes
- Closed as Unsuccessful by Monkeypolice188.
So earlier I was thinking we could have Mission Numbers in the infoboxes of missions, because the "this is the first mission given to [a] by [b]" can be slightly misleading or misinterpreted at first. This wouldn't be that hard and I can really only see it following how either the GTASeriesVideos name them, OR the order they ard listed on the main "Missiins in [gams]" article. Essentially, it makes navigation easier, makes identifying any referencs to mission numbers outside GTA Wiki easier to understand, and gives missions a simpler ordering system.
NeutralNo - Thegtaseeker96 (talk) 12:10, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Neutral - Myth(Please leave your threats here/Wanna Stalk?) 12:59, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
- No - 13:38, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
- If you're adding mission numbers, then you're establishing a mission sequence, is it that what you mean? I didn't get your point.Because if it is, only thing I can say is that it's a sandbox game, players can choose whatever sequence they want. I see the "unlocked by" and "unlocks" thing working pretty well on infoboxes, so there's no need for mission numbers yet. Staying neutral untill further explanations. Thegtaseeker96 (talk) 12:10, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, that is what I mean, but there is evidently some kind of sequence, somehow, because how are experienced Youtubers numbering them? And there's clearly an order, Rockstar ordering missions in the "Replay Mission" feature. It'd be really useful, but now you mention the "Unlocked by" and "Unlocks", I think I might close this, as that's good enough tbh. Monk Talk 12:17, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
- I've not seen so many videos walkthroughs in YT other than the ones that I used to get some mission screenshots, but I guess they just pick one of the available missions and start a video for it. That's not a sequence, or at least it should not be followed. I agree about using the sequence from the "Replay Mission" in Missions in GTA V though. Do not close the discussion yet, let's just wait for other users to vote. Thegtaseeker96 (talk) 12:47, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
- I staying neutral on this one. On one hand I agree that a number is better than "This is the first mission (a) gave to (b)". But the only problem is that Their is not any exact order in which the missions are played. If this request is successful, I would support to use the same order as on the "Mission in (game)" page. Myth(Please leave your threats here/Wanna Stalk?) 12:59, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Honestly, I don't see the point in this. Most missions have no specific order so what could be Mission #45 for someone would be #46 or #47, etc. , for someone else. We have navboxes and unlocked by/after already as well, and they do the job fine. What we could do is tweak the mission giver line to feature an "Expand" button that shows all missions available from the boss or rewrite all headings to make them less confusing while retaining the information. Following GTASeriesVideos in regards to mission numbering is exactly the same as following the average GTAO Youtuber: speculation. The only factual mission numbering is from R* themselves.
btw, mission sequence in GTA V's replay menu is not reliable. Many missions can be placed differently, depending on when you do them - Chop for example can be done before Complications or after Complications, and it will be placed on the list whenever you do them. 13:38, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Since the only thing I agreed was the Replay Mission sequence, and it's not reliable, I'm changing to "No". In addition, I see no problem to mention "this is the [first, second, third, fourth and so on] mission to [protagonist] by [mission giver]", that's the only sequence we actually have. We can improve the "unlocked by"/"unlocks" by adding a feature used at some mission articles in GTA SA, such as Sweet's Girl (see the bottom of the page), particularly for mission series (The Truth (mission series) for example). Thoughts?. Thegtaseeker96 (talk) 14:21, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
Character Manual of Style change
Good day. After a discussion with "Thegtaseeker96" regarding the Manual of Style for characters, I have decided to propose a change to it to place the gallery before the trivia, as apparently all other Manuals of Style have the format as such, with the one for characters being the only one with the trivia before the gallery. Please vote and discuss this.
- Yes - DocVinewood (talk) 20:00, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - 21:50, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Thegtaseeker96 (talk) 23:14, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - 23:21, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - MC My Computer Master Of Ceremonies 00:32, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - DLVIII Talk 02:12, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 10:23, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Myth(Talk/Stalk) 11:39, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Monk Talk 16:27, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Trivia usually is last (many wikis are laid out like this), and it looks a lot neater, so I agree with this change. Manual of Style for Missions would need a change, too, since that one also says that gallery is last. 21:50, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Needless to say. That's what I've been doing since I started editing here. Thegtaseeker96 (talk) 23:14, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Sure. It was odd to have the Trivia before gallery, which is contrary to the actual one. 23:21, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I also have been placing the gallery before the trivia on a lot of different articles since I joined the wikia. I don't know why, but placing the gallery at the very botton of the page always looked "ugly" to me. DLVIII Talk 02:12, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Since I joined the Wiki I've always been placing Trivia sections at the foot of the page, just as a given. With regards to the MoS, it is mainly a guideline I don't think it needs to be followed to the letter as the most important points in a page is the correct information and correctly licenced and named images, but if this change will clear up any grey areas then I'm all for it. Sam Talk 10:23, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Everyone basically pointed out all my concerns, as an admin. No need to comment anything else :P Monk Talk 16:27, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I am closing this proposal as successful, and I will make changes to the Manual of Style for missions and characters. I must admit that I am a slight bit cheesed off about this change (even though I proposed it), as I will now need to return to several character articles that I have created following the (now invalid) Manual of Style for characters, and change the format. TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim (talk | contributions) 15:30, November 14, 2015 (UTC)
Hey guys, bad news for some of you and good news for others... Unfortunately I haven't been editing very often here and I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable to visit Wikis every day; it doesn't mean that I don't like the GTA Wiki, but that I want to change some things in my life, like, instead of sitting in front of a computer to edit video game articles, I want to do something more, how can I say? Well, I think you guys will understand my reason...
Also, I started to lose my interest in the GTA series after the Heists Update, since I myself am not a multiplayer person and I'm not really playing video games very often recently, so I'm feeling a little egoistical to occupy the admin spot, which should be taken by someone else.
That's all I wanted to say; I will still come here, especially in chat to talk to my colleagues, but no longer as an admin.
- Andre's point is understandable. I too am starting to lose a little interest in GTA, as I am also trying to focus on my personal goals, education and career, which also involves the planning and putting things together of my own future sandbox game. However, I'm holding the spot here because I know I am still needed. Until I have the feelings things will run smoothly here without me having rights, I will remain a bureaucrat. () 19:19, November 3, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Well, my friend, it has been really, really great, to have you as an admin here. You have been one of the best admins here, it will be a shame to see you go. All the best, Monk ;) PS It's still nice to have you around :) • • 19:22, November 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Ahh, this makes me a little sad, but I can understand why you're leaving. You have your whole life ahead of you, and like you said, edting information about a video game isn't a good way to spend it, create art! You've told me some about that video game idea you had, so stick with it man! It's been great having you as an editor here Andre, you'll do well at what you put your mind to. Mortsnarg (talk) 23:21, November 3, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not surprised anymore, because most of the staff are resigning, and I feel it will be me soon. I've lost interest, and I've done enough for the wiki. Leo68 (talk) 02:44, November 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Its natural that so many people here are losing interest in GTA, after two years I'm actually surprised that we lasted that long. I will probably gonna need to resign at some point in the near future too, thanks to personal problems, hell, I'm already WAY less active then I used to be. Anyway, good luck with whatever you are trying to accomplish, dude. DLVIII Talk 03:22, November 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Ever since people are leaning towards next-gen, last-gen has been left to rot since Rockstar Games now focuses on future updates exclusive to next-gen. A shame to see you go, dude, but you've been really awesome in the end. I'm still into GTA, but not by much as I usually focus on edits on a regular basis. And no, I don't have any desire of being an admin for it, as it can only add more weight down my shoulders and will become swamped as a result of keeping the pages from future attacks by trouble-making users. All in all, best of luck on the outside world. 04:03, November 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Good luck and see you around :) DocVinewood (talk) 11:48, November 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Sad to see you go. Best of luck and all the best. Sad to see others on the staff mentioning that they might resign too. I think once you lose interest in something whether it will be editing on here or on Wikia in general, then it is hard to get that interest back. I have tried numerous times to get back into editing, but after a few days I get bored and real life takes over as it should and I feel I don't have the time for it anymore. Messi1983 (talk) 00:44, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
- It's sad to see you go. But what else can we do? It's okay considering that not everything is being on the wiki all the time. Sooner or later, our lifes takes form, and it means focusing on other important things and sucess, No?. Anyway. Take care, man and good luck. 15:52, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
GTA Wiki To-Do List
Hey! So I was looking around the highly-thought-through, sophisticated Saints Row Wiki (along with the for now-anonymous boring-as-hell user), and I saw a really useful article (many in fact), a 'To Do list'. Now, I'm aware we do/did have a to do list, but in honesty, it hasn't been updated in donkey's years, so, I was thinking we could revamp it. Of course, only staff can edit and add to it (unless, of course, you prefer not, and anyone) (as long as all types of staff can edit it permanently). I'd keep on top of it, associating it with projects put forward here would be great, and should be mandatory tbh. Benefits? Well, many in fact, sometimes, things need to be addressed, and quite a few times I've been stumbled on what to do next (despite the fact I have my own 'mini to do list'), so this would help both users and staff.
- Yes - Sam Talk 09:50, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - MC My Computer Master Of Ceremonies 10:02, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Myth(Talk/Stalk) 13:40, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Mortsnarg (talk) 15:55, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- YES - 16:06, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- HELL YES - Leo68 (talk) 19:44, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes with a cherry on top, glazed with chocolate and caramel --Tony42898 (Talker - Blogger - Stalker)-- 20:03, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - DLVIII Talk 20:31, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - 21:04, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - MythHunter 007 03:02, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 20:01, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Would be a good idea. There are a number of mission pages which definitely need a lot of work, and delegating tasks would be beneficial in the long run. Sam Talk 09:50, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Agree with Sam. MC My Computer Master Of Ceremonies 10:02, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Brilliant! So, I've created a prototype, here, which, what I think works well, has subcategories, and furthermore, subheadings, to categorize the work into the type of work (e.g. vehicles, locations, missions, etc), and then distinguish (if applicable) what game the project or work focuses on, which are separated by headings. Took literally 5 minutes. See what you think :P • • 11:10, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Good idea. One thing I would like to add is that the to do list page should bee divided into sections like Missions, Locations etc. This will make it easy for editors to find the page they can add more info about.Myth(Talk/Stalk) 14:04, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Excellent idea! I think we can get a lot done here, and do it efficently with other people picking up different tasks. I think it would make a much more "united" community here. Mortsnarg (talk) 15:55, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Sounds good. It would be beneficial for those pages that aren't checked for a long time. Agreed with that idea. 16:06, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Have you seen the pages made before the community split? A.K.A everything relating to The Ballad of Gay Tony, and everything that came before it. Great idea. Leo68 (talk) 19:44, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- A wonderful idea myself I would say! Also, a good way to get the community to work together more! --Tony42898 (Talker - Blogger - Stalker)-- 20:03, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Great idea. If we also could incorporate this to-do-list to the message that appears to every single new user every time they do their first edit it would also help a lot. DLVIII Talk 20:31, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- I was going to point that out lol. That'd be great, make it a big thing here, make it viewable from everywhere on the wiki, we need to make this big, and when somet's big, it needs to be fancy, great quality, and full of endless projects and work for anyone to contribute; keeps the edit counts up, keeps the work going, and best of all, keeps the wiki expanding :P • • 21:51, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- This should not even be a question :p I think this is an excellent idea since it will allow the wiki to be a bit more organized. A huge problem - and one of people's major complaints about the wiki - is that there is a lot of speculative/unsourced content which lowers the wiki's overall credibility. Speculation is being removed when it's spotted but there are still pages left to correct. I believe that a to-do list, such as adding references to anything even remotely questionable, would be a good start, and, as it was already said, it would get the community to help out more. 21:04, October 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Same as Sam and Hunter.-MythHunter 007 03:02, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Impatience* Could we get this closed as successful so I can start the project? Or am I granted permission to start it without it being closed as successful? (Seen as it's very likely to go through as yes anyway). • • 19:47, October 26, 2015 (UTC)