Crescendospectredragon demotion (Bureaucrats only vote)
- FAILED - Crescendospectredragon demoted
Basically I don't think he should be an Admin, mainly because of this. He hasn't made a main page edit for over a month and even then it was just one edit. He doesn't believe there is anything for him to do which there obviously is. I think there are editors on this Wiki who deserve the position more than him.
- Yes - Tom Talk 16:38, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Dan the Man 1983 16:39, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way)
Bunnyjoke demotion (Bureaucrats only vote)
- NO ACTION - demotion nomination withdrawn by nominating editor
Okay, the Bureaucrats on here need a discussion and a vote about Bunnyjoke's position as an administrator as I believe he is incompetent for the position for one reason.
This is a core policy for Admins to follow and it states that a user is warned only once, before being blocked. Yet Bunnyjoke is willing to warn them twice before blocking them, which shows his incompetence of being an administrator if he cannot simply follow our blocking policy.
Should Bunnyjoke lose his administrator prvilages because he cannot follow one of our core policies?
Vote yes if you feel he should lose his admin rights or vote no if you feel he should keep them. User will be demoted to patroller if a yes vote is in favour.Dan the Man 1983 15:49, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry Bunnyjoke, if you cannot follow our core policy for adminstration, you do not deserve the position, hence why I started this. Nothing personal okay, but it can be given to someone who is willing to follow our policies. Dan the Man 1983 15:49, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know how this vote is gonna end. Dan, I'm not mad at you so don't worry. Jeff I know how you are gonna vote. Things were looking good for me but not anymore. When I do get my rights taken away, I need a break from this place. It's been full of drama and I'm just way too sick of it. That's all I got to say. -Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 16:12, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I might only demote you to patroller, since out of admin duties, you are a good editor. Dan the Man 1983 16:24, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't see why we can't just say read the blocking policy and in future make sure to follow it, I'm sure if we did he would do that, he's a good Admin in my opinion, he may be a little leniant with vandals but like I said we could just tell him to read the Blocking Policy and make sure to follow it. I'm not sure if anyone has done that but that seems like the right first step, going straight to a vote about whether or not he should lose his rights seems a bit extreme. Tom Talk 16:26, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- He won't be demoted fully, but rather he will be demoted to patroller. Dan the Man 1983 16:37, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I still think we should ask him to follow the blocking policy, if he doesn't then have a vote but he hasn't even been warned about it. Tom Talk 16:41, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks Tom, but you can't save my ass. Just wait 'till Jeff gets here. I don't want to be potroller. I told you when I get my rights taken away, I'm taking a break. I don't really have much to say, this just sucks. I came here to help out because you guys said you needed admins. I think it's bullshit that I get this when I have done nothing bad, and Jeff pulls this shit and nothing happens. I can't believe it. All you had to do was tell me about this policy that you two make-up as you go along. I'm sorry Dan, but I think you're doing this just to get the heat off of Jeff. I would follow the policy if I get to keep my rights but I can see saying that is not gonna change anyone's mind. Thanks for making me an admin, though. -Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 16:42, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Since you have stated you will follow our blocking policy, this is now void. We'll talk about you and Jeff on another talkpage. Dan the Man 1983 16:50, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- What the hell, Dan? I never said I wouldn't follow it. I never KNEW about it! -Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 16:54, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- As an administrator he should be aware of every rule on the wiki, and should have been all along. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 17:10, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- As the vote was to allow only good trivia, no changes need to be made as the Trivia Policy expressly permits good trivia while forbidding bunk and cruft
I know that McJeff is removing the Trivia sections because Wikia don't like them and there not really supposed to be on the wiki but before I became an editor and was just a GTA fan reading about my favourite game I enjoyed reading the Trivia sections and I think a lot of readers do. I'm not saying re-add all the Trivia sections, though I would be in favour of that, but maybe rather than everyone just removing them could people add the Trivia to the article in the chracater's biography or something rather than just getting rid of it all together. Anyway thats my thoughts, could you leave a comment stating your thoughts of the Trivia section, thanks. Tom Talk 14:47, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
Below leave a vote, Stay if you think Trivia sections should stay and Go if you think they should go.
- Stay - Tom Talk 21:33, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Stay - Dan the Man 1983 22:43, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Stay -Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 14:40, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Stay - Ilan xd 15:27, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Stay Wonderwaffle 16:37, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Stay - Uchiha.Sasuke.B 19:57, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I like the trivia as it is. I think it's fine the way it is, as long as the trivia is true and isn't someone just adding their opinions. -Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 15:09, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Another thing, on pretty much every page on every other wiki there is a Trivia section, why are we the only ones enforcing this Wikia rule? Tom Talk 19:01, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- If you guys actually want to try to clean up and integrate the trivia sections back into the article that's fine by me, but we're not having miles long trivia lists full of the-sky-is-blue trivia. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 19:02, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Honestly I want the trivia sections back, they could do with a bit of cleaning up but some of the facts in the trivia sections of pages are quite interesting and I think readers like them, and like I said we seem to be the only wiki which is getting rid of them. Tom Talk 19:05, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
I liked trivia sections and changed the rules on Bully Wiki to allow them. About a year later I got sick of them and started integrating trivia back into the articles because most of the trivia was bunk/useless/garbage/obvious/wrong, and because when there's a trivia section around people never actually improve the article, they just post onto the end of the trivia section.
Let me use, for example, Ray Bulgarin, and the trivia in his article. The trivia I deleted in normal, my points in bold.
- Bulgarin's appearance has changed significantly from GTA IV to The Ballad of Gay Tony. In The Ballad of Gay Tony, his skin tone has changed to a more pale color and his hair color is much darker. Much more detail was also added to his face and he wears a different outfit. Should have been mentioned in the main article.
- Bulgarin is the only associate of Dimitri other than The Killer that wasn't betrayed by him in the GTA IV storyline. Bunk/garbage/obvious
- Ray Bulgarin, Massimo Torini and Dimitri Rascalov are the only main antagonists who don't appear in the introduction of their games. Bunk/garbage
- Bulgarin is the only antagonist in the GTA series to be enemies with two protagonists, Niko Bellic and Luis Lopez. Bunk/garbage
- Bulgarin is the only GTA IV era antagonist who doesn't disappear after his betrayal. Probably bunk/garbage, so poorly written I don't even know what the person who added it is trying to say.
- Bulgarin seemed to be a very powerful and dangerous man, as Niko said in GTA IV. This is also shown in the TBOGT mission Departure Time, where Ray sends numerous thugs and associates in an attempt to kill Luis, but he himself ends up getting killed by Luis. Bunk/garbage/obvious
- Bulgarin's surname in Russian means 'Bulgarian', which is ironic because Ray is Russian. Should be listed in the lede or somewhere else in the article, not in a trivia section.
- Niko pronounces his surname as 'Bolgarin' as it's spelled in Russian, while the others pronounce it as it's written. Wrong, Niko has an accent
- On libertycitypolice.com in GTA IV, Ray is listed as 'deceased' even before the final mission which supposedly takes place either before, or at the same time with the final mission of TBOGT, where Ray is actually killed. However, Timur mentions Dimitri's death during that mission, meaning it actually takes place after the final mission of GTA IV. Incoherent/useless
- Niko tells Packie in GTA IV that he has intentions of going after Bulgarin following Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend (only if Pest Control has been completed first), but Bulgarin would be killed by Luis in TBOGT. This is similiar to Johnny Klebitz, as he told Thomas Stubbs that he had intentions of going after Ray Boccino, who would later be killed by Niko in GTA IV. Incoherent/useless
- Bulgarin is the only main antagonist in the GTA series who was introduced in a different game than the one he served as an antagonist in, as he first appears in the mission Russian Revolution in GTA IV. Bunk/garbage/obvious
This is the way all the trivia sections in all the articles are. Almost every single thing written in them is useless, and even though a few things there aren't useless the sections are still doing more harm than good because they encourage users to put everything in them and never improve the actual article. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 19:26, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Just because you view most trivia points as bunk/garbage does not mean that others do. Also where is this rule on Wikia that states you cannot have trivia points, cause I must have missed it. Trivia sections are good for good information that cannot be intergrated into the article, so I say yes to keeping them. If you feel a point has been deleted that should have not been, then be BOLD and add it. Dan the Man 1983 20:28, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Rather than just deleting the trivia which you say should be in the article why don't you put it in the article? Also I agree with the points Dan has made. Tom Talk 21:28, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- I've set up a vote to see what people want to do. I think we should keep the Trivia sections but just delete the "bad" trivia and put the facts that could be included in the article into the article, and basically just be a lot more strict as to what we allow in the trivia sections. 21:33, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- I didn't know there would be a vote on this, but I'm glad there is so I can vote for the trivia to stay. -Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 14:48, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I think that the trivia is very useful, but we can put these information in the actual article. I vote "Stay". -- Ilan xd 15:27, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't know if I agree with Ilan, I think it's fine the way it is. -Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 05:01, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
- I think trivias should stay. Because it makes the article more interesting to read and checking the trivia it's better than scanning the entire page to find the info you've been looking for. And the trivial facts make the players to understand the character/mission much better (of course useless facts or personal opinions shouldn't be written). For exampe I didn't knew that Niko told Packie of having intentions of going after Bulgarin because I've never completed that mission after Pest Control. I first saw it here, thanks to Trivia. So I voted for Stay. -Uchiha.Sasuke.B 20:13, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, I'm asking if anyone here would like a new favicon (the icon next to the web address). I have asked Tom for his suggestions, so I have posted two .ico photos. The photos are so small that the preview is unavailable, please right click and open to see the full size. They are here and here, or you can vote for the current one. Please select which one or suggest another design. And please note that I used a png to icon converter, so I gues it is supposed to be of this size. Thanks GTANiKoTalk 13:29, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Bunny J. (Talk) 15:42, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Haruhi Suzumiya 16:19, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- --Owen1983 18:02, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 16:25, July 15, 2011 (UTC)
I prefer the "g" to show that our wiki doesn't just focus on the GTA IV era. Haruhi Suzumiya 13:37, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- The "g" is the best of those images but I like the current one so I'm not really sure which one to vote on yet. Tom Talk 14:03, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I like the "g" one the best. By the way, how do you add them? I want to know so I can make one for of my Wikis. Bunny J. (Talk) 15:37, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I think we should test the "g" one out to see if it looks good before we make a final decision. Tom Talk 18:06, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Still like it. Bunny J. (Talk) 16:59, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not sure, I don't like it on a white background, if it didn't have a background I think I'd like it more. Tom Talk 14:02, July 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, it would be nice if it was transparent. Bunny J. (Talk) 21:19, July 15, 2011 (UTC)
- I am not keen on the Niko image no offense I like GTA IV but this wiki is about all the games not just one --Owen1983 22:47, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
Fix of the background image
Hello, sorry for the long period of inactivity, I am quite busy. I was wondering if it is good to fix the background image? Certain pages that require scrolling have a plain grey background when scrolled down, so I thought of fixing it such that Niko and Johnny are always visible. What is your opinion? GTANiKoTalk 05:03, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Recuse - I use MonoBook to view the wiki and cannot see the pictures. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 07:25, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 09:41, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
Guys, I was thinking that maybe we should add a weapon template to the weapon pages. It would say things like, how much damage it can do, how heavy it is, how much ammo it can hold, available from, price and... ummm... if you can think of anything else that should go into the template, let me know. I was planning on making it the same color as the character template and my radio station template. I guess that's it. Leave a vote and a comment below. If you think of something else that can go into the template, write it in the "You forgot something" section. Bunny J. (Talk) 15:58, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 09:42, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - 涼宮ハルヒ(Suzumiya Haruhi) 12:51, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Dan the Man 1983 21:05, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - GTANiKoTalk 13:01, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Alright, I made the template. But I need help adding it. I also don't know too much about prices and ammo so correct me if I'm wrong on something. -Bunny J. (Talk) 15:51, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I might also not fill in areas in the template that I'm not too sure about. -Bunny J. (Talk) 15:53, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
You forgot something!
- Available from: (Ammu-Nation, Phil Cassidy's, Bunch Of Tools, etc.) And price in that respective store. -- 涼宮ハルヒ(Suzumiya Haruhi) 12:51, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
I was thinking that we could add a protagonist
drop-down menu section in the "GTA Information" menu. I don't want to take down anything else that's up there, just add a menu section for protagonists. Just thought I'd ask. -Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 04:03, August 7, 2011 (UTC)