Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This page documents the Official Policy of the GTA Wiki. It concerns standards that all users should follow.|
The following is a list of Policies applied on the GTA Wiki.
All users, regardless of status and position, are expected to follow them. None of these policies are ever set in stone, however. Anyone who disagrees with a policy is welcome to suggest changes onto an admin's talk page or on the Community Noticeboard. Bureaucrats and Administrators may issue blocks in the case of repeated denial of Policies. If you're unsure and you have any questions regarding any policy, then please contact a Staff member, as we do our best to help editors.
GTA Wiki Policies
- The GTA Wiki:
- Has certain steps on what to do during a dispute.
- Is not censored. Profanity in articles should be done only in an encyclopedic manor.
- Assume Good Faith: Assume that the other editors on the Wiki mean well.
- Civility: Be civil in your dealings with others. No personal attacks, unnecessarily abusive language, patronizing behavior, baiting, etc.
- Disruptive editing: Considered closely related to incivility.
- Vandalism: Is not tolerated (edits designed to harass other editors or degrade an article's quality).
- NSfV: States that vandals and spammers should not have monuments to their "success".
- Edit Wars: Will result in the warred-over article being locked temporarily.
- Media Policy: Must be followed by all users and is non-negotiable.
- Usernames: Deliberately offensive, misleading or otherwise problematic usernames may be blocked at the discretion of any administrator.
- Ownership: The GTA Wiki is a public domain, and no editor owns anything. If you post anything here, expect it to be edited mercilessly.
- Multiple accounts: Are forbidden, with a select few exceptions.
- Wikilawyering: Is forbidden.
- Manual of Style: Editors are expected to follow GTA Wiki:Manual of Style while editing.
- No Copying or Importing from Grand Theft Wiki: Content of any sort (texts, images) from the website grandtheftwiki.com to the GTA Wikia, by their request.
- No one operating the GTA Wiki: Has either Checkuser or Oversight rights. If you need those rights, please visit Wikia Central and follow the instructions there.
- No Fan fiction: If you wish to add Fan fiction articles, do so on the GTA Fanon Wiki.
- No Myth-related content
- No Mod-related content: GTA Wiki only accepts official content. Any information relating to mods, trainers or save editors may not be posted on this Wiki.
- No Leaked Information: If information about an unreleased game was released through illegal means, it may not be posted on the wiki.
- Patroller Probation: For new or slightly inexperienced users applying for promotion to patroller. This puts the user on a three month probation to determine whether or not they can hold the position.
- Oddjob-ing: Is not tolerated for Staff members.