Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In order to keep our wiki providing the best information for all the pages to the public, there are a set Manual of Styles that enforce different editing guidelines, regarding to that particular subject. We, the contributors, on GTA Wiki want to ensure that all readers have a convienient reading experience and enough information to reference their Grand Theft Auto game.
To discuss about adding another Manual of Style or about changing the format, please do so on the Talk Page.
Lists of Manuals of Style
There are a set of 7 Manuals of Styles for the reader/contributor to refer to understand how the format of each page subject are set:
- GTA Titles
- American English is the default language on the Wiki, though British English is also accepted. On vehicle pages, the language used should be determined by the in-game country of origin of the vehicle as determined in the Manual of Style.
Grammar, Spelling and Rules of Language
- All words in page names are to be capitals, with the exception of short connectives, conjunctions and determiners (up to 3 letters maximum), such as "a", "and" and "the" (unless of course the page title begins with such connectives).
- Page content is to be written in third person in the perspective of the player, the protagonist or specific characters. First person (singular pronouns such as "I") and second person (personal pronouns such as "you") are not permitted.
Bold, Italics and Link Usage
- The subject (page name) of any article must be bold when appearing in captions of galleries, infoboxes, and any other pictures where the page name is mentioned.
- The Gallery is to be located before the Trivia section (if either exist) on any article.
- Italics are to be used on any mention of a Grand Theft Auto game, or any other game mentioned. The full form of a GTA game is to be used in the lead description (beginning line of an article), as well as be linked to the corresponding game's article. It is not mandatory to use full forms for any other mentions, however they must still be italicated.
- Following from this, headings of GTA games must be both full form and italicated, but not linked.