In order to keep our wiki providing the best information about the GTA titles to the public, there are set guidelines that should be used in order to create high-quality articles that ensure the best information and a convenient reading experience for readers. Standard rules such as "neutral point of view" and third-person perspective apply for editing for GTA titles articles.
The standard format is used for all titles up to Grand Theft Auto V and any future Grand Theft Auto titles.
- Intro : No headings required for this introduction. For example: Grand Theft Auto the # title in the Grand Theft Auto series that was developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. (Intro should also contain the main theme song of the game).
- As shortest possible summary of the game
- Main Characters
- Lists the main characters that are in the game
- Episodes/DLCs ('HD' Universe)
- Lists any Episodes and /or DLCs that are released for the game (only reserved for 'HD' Universe titles)
- Cultural References
- Lists real-life references that may have inspired the GTA title or anything that had formulated the main theme for the title
- Critical Reception (optional)
- States the critical reception stated by video game reviewers or critics
- Lists the controversy surrounding that GTA Title. Since all GTA titles has had numerous controversies surrounding them, this section is required
- Game Information
- Lists all of the games' content (i.e. characters, weapons, vehicles, etc.)
- Videos and Galleries
- Displays all of the trailers, promotional videos and screenshots, prior to the release of a GTA title
- Includes information that is unseen or unapproached in a title, such as the cities references in other titles or glitches that overshadows the whole game
- External Links
- Provides external links to a GTA title's website, such as rockstargames.com/GTA or to a Wikipedia page regarding to that GTA title
What to Avoid:
- Opinions and biased information.
- Speculation will be met with very low tolerance and will most likely be removed.
- Adding modded images to article pages, as the natural forms are all that is necessary.
- Adding images alongside text in loose form. Images should only be in the lead infobox or one of the organised galleries.
- "The sky is blue" trivia points; we would like to avoid the possibility of patronizing our readers.
- Information in the Trivia Section that has already been stated in the Cultural References or Controversy.