Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
There are currently
Please apply below if you are interested.
GTA Wiki requires an active group of users to act as Staff.
You may apply for Rollback rights or Administrator/Bureaucrat privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Patrollers are given the Rollback tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism. They are also given Chat moderator rights that allow them to kick and ban users from the wiki's chat. In addition, unlike standard contributors, they can also move and/or rename pages and edit pages protected by an Administrator or Bureaucrat.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback, Chat moderator and move/rename rights.
Bureaucrats, in addition of the administrator tools, have the ability to promote and demote users, excluding other bureaucrats.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rule violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Users who apply within three months of joining will face a three month probationary period. This may also apply in situations such as activity being low, inexperience or users who were previously demoted. At the end of the three months a review will be made by Bureaucrats and Administrators to determine whether or not the user will retain their rights.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active Patrollers for four months with no rule violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users' votes, such as changing a 'no' to a 'yes', will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2011-12
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2013
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Jan 2014 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014 (Late January 2014 - Early September 2014)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014-15 (Late September 2014 - January 2015)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests Early 2015 (Late January 2015 - March 2015)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/July 2015 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2015-16 (April 2015 - April 2016)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2016-2017 (April 2016 - April 2017)
SJWalker - Bureaucrat
Hi everyone. Following the resignation of LS11sVaultBoy and at the recommendation of Monkeypolice188, I've decided to apply for the position of Bureaucrat. I have four years experience as an editor, having been a Wiki user since July 2014 and a staff member since January 2015 (March 2015 as an Administrator). Although my activity doesn't always show it I monitor the Wiki everyday and rectify issues and deal with vandalism/conflicts. I always try to help editors, both new and experienced, with any issues and believe I can look at situations in an objective way to ensure a resolution can be achieved. I believe I have the ability to step up to Bureaucrat and it is a challenge I'm willing to take on. Any feedback, positive or negative, is welcome and I will endeavor to take it on board. Thank you for reading. Sam Talk 13:25, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 13:45, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - Monk ( Bureaucrat) Talk 13:47, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 09:49, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - 10:27, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - GTAFan86 (talk) 10:38, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - Noirlime Talk | Contribs
- I think you are more than qualified to take the position. Honestly, seeing my Bureaucrat spot filled will give me some lasting closure haha. Good luck! LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 13:45, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Without a doubt qualified for the position. Monk ( Bureaucrat) Talk 13:47, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Absolutely - the calm voice who has only ever considered the best interests of the wiki in everything he does. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 09:49, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Definitely worthy of bureaucratship. It's a yes from me. 10:27, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- You have done too much for here and you deserve it. My vote is yes. GTAFan86 (talk) 10:39, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Absolutely. You're more than capable. Noirlime Talk | Contribs
Daniel - Administrator
I haven't been here long, and have only made a very small amount of edits, but I do have quite a bit of Admin experience across wikia and different topics. Most recently I became an admin on the PLL Wiki, despite having been blocked for a few years, and have adopted the Friends wiki and cleaned it up, revamped it, as well as I am in the process of doing the same to the Fres Prince Wiki. I believe I can be a great asset to the admin team as
- I live in a different time zone to the other admins so I can be online when they can't.
- I have quite a bit of admin experience, so training, etc, won't be required.
- I can help customise the wiki through CSS, if required. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Daniel Viglietti (talk • contribs) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
- To be an Administrator you have to have been a Patroller first. Whilst your work on other Wikis may be commendable, it's on here that we need to judge you, and to be honest, 22 edits is not enough to make a decision yet. I'd suggest you keep yourself busy on here and make more of a contribution and we may be able to reconsider at a later date, but you'd have to go through a Patroller position first. Sam Talk 13:29, July 2, 2018 (UTC)
- What Sam said. Unfortunately for you, the role of an Admin isn't a job title or position, which means experience as an admin somewhere else means nothing to us here. In order to become an Admin, you first have to become a Patroller (unless there are extreme circumstances), and in order to do that, you must prove to us you a) have dedication towards the site b) have decent knowledge of various GTA titles c) have a good track record and haven't got into too much/if any trouble at all and d) can be trusted with tools such as rollback, and the ability to warn other users. At the moment, you said it yourself, you haven't been here very long, so it's hard to tell what might happen. Give yourself time to get used to your surroundings here, and come back when you think you're ready for Patroller first. Monk ( Bureaucrat) Talk 13:59, July 2, 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for the tips guys! Should I remove my request from active, or keep it here? - Daniel Viglietti
- A bureaucrat will close the request himself. Also, to sign your posts on forums and talk pages, you don't have to actually write your name in, you just type four tildes (~~~~). 15:40, July 2, 2018 (UTC)
Owen - Patroller
Hi guys. You probably know me here I have been here for 8 uears I have seen a lot of changes and I think i know who this wiki is run but if i dont there is always new stuff to learn and i am willing to do that 0 thank you -
- No - 09:41, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- No - Sam Talk 09:57, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Neutral - 16:51, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Neutral - 16:58, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- No - Monk Talk 18:18, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but neither this nomination nor your contributions demonstrate your capability of becoming a patroller, not to mention that you haven't been active enough lately. 09:41, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- As U94N said, your activity and contributions are very irregular. Ordinarily I'd suggest probation but in this case I don't think you reach the criteria for that either. Sorry. Sam Talk 09:57, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- I'd rather not to say anything about it. It may sound rude, if you ask me. -- 16:51, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Like Camilo said, I'm neutral about this as well. And I've already told regarding my activity having significantly diminished. 16:58, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Absolutely not.
- 8 years of experience makes no difference to a user who has made just over 1000 edits - that's 0.34 edits a day, I couldn't care less how long you've been here.
- I do know you, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons; constantly having to revert nonsense/incorrect edits and fix extremely poor grammar and punctuation.
- You haven't explained why you'd make a good staff member. Usually, potential staffers offer something which most other users do not; a special field of knowledge, a topic they usually work on in their time on the wiki, but alongside that, they also prove that they're worthy of not just being another random user who makes those edits. At the end of the day, the top three things we look for are activity, quality, and civility. Edit quantity isn't really a problem for most users, but for a user like yourself who hasn't made a great deal of edits to say you've been here for 4 years more than myself, and who often makes edits which I wouldn't define as quality. Until those areas are improved, you definitely aren't ready for a staff position. Monk Talk 18:18, April 5, 2018 (UTC)
Noirlime - Patroller
Hi everyone. Thanks to the opportunity Monk and Smurfy offered not long ago, I've decided to give it a try. But since some of you may not know about me, I should introduce myself here. I am Noirlime, or Eric should you prefer. I've been a contributor to this wiki since May last year, mostly toward vehicle articles, after all vehicles are what fascinate me the most in the GTA series :)
And though I only joined last year, my first exprience to this place dates back to '14, but didn't sign up for various reasons, which is a shame... Anyway, now that I'm here, I'm confident I can make up for the years I missed in this wiki in the future. Although I'm still trying to get the hang of all those codings and editing methods, the Patroller position can provide me with some extra tools to keep things in place, aside from regular contributions.
- Yes - Monk Talk 19:20, March 30, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 19:42, March 30, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 07:04, March 31, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes 👌 - Ronald (talk) 18:08, March 31, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - 21:29, March 31, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - 23:13, April 1, 2018 (UTC)
- Considering myself and Smurf suggested, it would be hypocritical to vote no. Aside from the obvious, you're someone very reliable due to your activity and editing hours. I noticed your incredible response times to recent DLCs and getting things prepared for releases and making sure things are neat and clean, so you're a credit in that field too. You'll be perfect for the team. Monk Talk 19:20, March 30, 2018 (UTC)
- If Monk and Smurf recommend you that's enough for me. That said, you meet all the criteria and your DLC work is top notch. Sam Talk 19:42, March 30, 2018 (UTC)
- As with Monk, would look a bit weird if I withdrew my endorsement, since I was first to suggest you apply. As mentioned on your talk page, how you handled yourself in our first interaction over the dispute over ULP played a bit part in my recommendation. While I still think you're wrong and you probably still think I'm wrong, and even though you were obviously upset about it, the civility of the discussion is exactly what we need. Your "work" in terms of edit quality and following of policy is exceptional and you obviously have a willingness to dig a little deeper into the workings of the wiki so I see you becoming a valuable staff member. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 07:04, March 31, 2018 (UTC)
- What Sam said. Ronald (talk) 18:08, March 31, 2018 (UTC)
- A good look at your contributions has me convinced. 21:29, March 31, 2018 (UTC)
ronalddmjunior - Patroller
- Closed as Successful by Kiwismurf 22:48, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
Hello, there! My name is Ronald and, on the advice of Kiwismurf, I would like to apply for a Patroller position on this wiki. I am Brazilian and I have a great knowledge of English. I am very active here, I come everyday to see what others been doing. I have over 260 edits in the wiki, since when I joined in September, 2017. After reading more about the Patroller tools, I became more excited to see what I can do as a Patroller. Rollback would be great, because I already undid some vandalism and "silly" edits, and the same for move/rename. So, summing up, being a Patroller is a big opportunity for me, I feel that I could do more to the wiki.
- YES! - Monk Talk 20:20, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 20:29, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - 23:54, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 23:57, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes - 10:49, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I too was planning on suggesting you apply for a position on the team a while ago but kiwi has beaten me to it. You're an excellent candidate and your work here is heavily appreciated. There's not much else to say, you've been a respectable user and have done nothing but show ultimate progression and support in the community. Good luck from me buddy. - Monk Talk 20:20, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- For sure you will be a great patroller over here. -- 23:54, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Obviously going to be a yes from me. My usual barometer... reviewing the "recent activity" page, whose edits can I trust to NOT need to look at? And lately you have obviously been doing patroller duties by reverting nonsense and vandalism. I'll certainly trust you with the tools to do that job more efficiently. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 00:07, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Wow! This I wasn't expecting! Thank you, Kiwismurf! ronalddmjunior (talk | contributions) 17:53, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I have to agree, this is pretty much exactly what I do as well; I rarely check your edits as I trust they're good, since you've proven to us your capabilities and how you respond to vandalism. Monk Talk 18:00, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
Sean aka Kiwismurf/smurfynz - Administrator
Hello. 7 months later and I'm still here, despite the last 2 updates to GTAO being disappointing to me. I'm still actively keeping GTA Wiki clean and contributing new content and encouraging/correcting users that I see are trying to make positive contributions.
In addition to the below Patroller promotion request, it has now come to the point where I'm frustrated at the lack of the delete option and having to slap a delete template on pages/files and regularly bug the active 'Crats/Admin. As discussed with Tom, although there is only 1 Admin spot open, 3/4 of the current admins are no longer active, so it is being left to 3 or 4 active staff. Plus, being on the opposite side of the planet to those that are active will help us with 24/7 spam protection coverage.
- Yes - 13:04, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - 09-14-2017, 10:40:27 (EDT)
- Yes - Monk Talk 16:28, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:28, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - 17:57, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 19:05, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - 23:44, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Sysop rights will be a great asset for you. Welcome back to the club! 13:04, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- No need to even say anything. Haha. Monk Talk 16:28, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- We know you can do it and boy are we short of active admins round here. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:28, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Pretty obvious. 17:57, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- No question. Sam Talk 19:05, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- No need to say anything. Everyone here already knows you will be great being an admin and make things better. -- 23:44, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks everyone for the rapid responses. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 13:47, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
558050 - Demotion
This is something which we never want to do but that inactivity unfortunately causes. 558 has been inactive for a while now and seems to have lost interest in the wiki. Therefore, it is proposed that he is demoted to allow spaces in the admin team for future users. Vote below.
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 10:07, September 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - 13:21, September 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 14:41, September 15, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm usually not comfortable with supporting such demotions either, but yeah, it's been a long time that his activity has noticeably stagnated (and for the record, he's been alerted of that before). Should this request pass, will he be demoted to patroller (in accordance with this) or completely stripped of his rights? 13:21, September 15, 2017 (UTC)
- It's a shame and I sure wish he was still around, but frankly this shouldn't even require a vote. Inactive since February in reality (only a couple of "odd-job" visits since then). Should be demoted to patroller by policy. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 14:41, September 15, 2017 (UTC)
Kiwismurf (aka smurfynz) - Patroller
This one is not an April Fools Joke
Greetings all. After a few months back and finding my enthusiasm is not waning and still feeling like I can manage my dictatorial tendencies, I have decided I should probably apply for one of the vacancies.
I am already doing the patroller duties, but without the title. Whilst I have been given the OK to use warning templates as a former admin, I am not comfortable doing so without being a current member of elected staff.
I'm obviously a prolific editor, a competent coder, a stickler for the media policy and MoS rules, and a
bit of a Grammar Nazi.
- Yes - Monk Talk 21:13, April 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 21:14, April 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 21:30, April 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - 21:50, April 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - 22:30, April 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - GTAFan86 (talk) 07:17, April 2, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 12:34, April 2, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes - 04-02-2017, 08:39:42 (EDT)
- To be very honest I believe all staff members, be it former or current, are entitled to give out warnings, as it isn't so much a right and is simply a thing they have been trusted to do. As such, I only believe staff members who received blocks after their staff role should be revoked from the trust to give out warnings.
- You were a great editor a year or two ago, and you still are. You thoroughly deserve to be a staff member. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 21:30, April 1, 2017 (UTC)
- 200% :) GTAFan86 (talk) 07:17, April 2, 2017 (UTC)
- I recommended you for this position, so I must say yes, even if only to avoid looking like a hypocrite. But in all seriousness, you are an exemplary editor, and definitely worthy of a Staff position. 歡迎回來！Huānyíng huílái! Welcome back! TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 12:34, April 2, 2017 (UTC)