Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
You may apply for Rollback Rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
There are currently
Please apply below if you are interested.
Patrollers are given the Rollback tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism. They are also given Chat moderator rights that allow them to kick and ban users from the wiki's chat.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, move images, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Users who apply within three months of joining will face a three month probationary period. This may also apply in situations such as inexperience or users who were previously demoted. At the end of the three months a review will be made by Bureaucrats and Administrators to determine whether or not the user will retain their rights.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active Patrollers for four months with no rule violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users' votes, such as changing a 'no' to a 'yes', will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2011-12
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2013
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Jan 2014 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014-15
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests Early 2015
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/July 2015 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2015-16
TAlim 1994 - Administrator (re-application)
Good day, I am once again applying for the position of Administrator following my former contender's (Ricardo) decision to resign from his post. My reasons for requiring this position are the same as my last request: as I primarily enforce the Media Policy, having administrative powers will allow me to correct bad image names and/or delete images without needing to consult someone else every time. Please vote as you see fit. Thank you for your time.
- Yes - Sam Talk 09:37, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - talk • contribs 09:42, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes -- 10:23, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - Monk Talk 14:00, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - 14:20, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 15:07, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - Mr. Ferrari (talk) 19:34, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes - 22:40, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Si, si, si! --Tony42898 (Talker - Blogger - Stalker)-- 04:01, May 19, 2016 (UTC)
- I feel that with what I've seen and the advice and experience I've given him through desktop-viewing in past months has paid off and I can see him being the best Administrator we'll have. Keep going lad. Monk Talk 14:00, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I haven't been particularly active while you were patroller. However from a quick look to your contribs, you meet the criterias and seem to be a mature editor. I feel you're good to go. 14:20, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah you're good to go. I was gonna apply for this but I'm too late. Mr. Ferrari (talk) 19:34, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Surely you will be a good admin. A Yes from me. 22:40, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Your work and attitude on the wiki have been very valuable for the community and staff. You get a Si x3 from me. --Tony42898 (Talker - Blogger - Stalker)-- 04:01, May 19, 2016 (UTC)
- I thank everyone who has voted for my promotion. I hope that this does not come across as overly arrogant, but I did expect to be promoted, on account of my previous request being denied solely because of Ricardo's additional experience relative to mine. Nonetheless, I appreciate the support, and I hope to live up to the expectations of my supporters. TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim (talk | contributions) 05:31, May 20, 2016 (UTC)
GTAFan86 - Patroller
Hello everyone, I am GTAFan86 and I want apply for Patroller position on this wiki. I am fully active here. Chat moderating is also a part of Patroller and I am regularly available at chat. I have a good experience of being a patroller. I know how to use the tools. So, I would like to be promoted to protect the wiki from vandalism. talk • contribs 14:15, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- No - 15:41, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- No - Monk Talk 16:21, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- No - 06:34, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- No - 14:56, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- You've just showed up on the wiki a month ago, thus you don't meet the "editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations" criteria. I understand you have the motivation for the position but I believe spending a few extra months to learn the ropes and see how to get things done - mostly, I'd like to see you dealing with users before giving you my vote - will help you. 15:41, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- As with Rain, what he said was correct. It's way too early:
- You have 513 edits, but around 400 of these are User page edits; non-wiki productive edits.
- Having received warnings in the past month, you're not suitable for Patroller yet.
- While I do allow an extent of poor grammar (Camilo Flores is about as far as I would go), there is a mistake in almost anything you write (no offense intended), therefore you should improve to basic English to gain some rights. Monk Talk 16:21, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Just to be correct, he actually has 100 userpage edits and not 400. But he also has 100 talk page edits. To be precise, he has 239 edits out of 551 as I'm typing this in the mainspace, but I should've mentioned that only 43% of the editcount going into mainspace editing isn't really good neither. 17:18, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- I stand corrected. However, as you've said, that is still 43% of the edits, when in reality, it should be lower than 10%. Understandably, many new-comers do edit their user pages a lot, with respect, however, users who apply for patroller in a month's time of being here should consider that they should have a huge amount of edits on main articles rather than name spaces. Monk Talk 17:21, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Same as Monk.-- 06:34, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- What everyone said. It's far too early, you haven't even been a month here (3 days left to a full month). I also had to delete about 15 images you've uploaded that had another wiki's watermark on them, so I don't think you can be a patroller yet. 14:56, May 13, 2016 (UTC)