Because Wikia instructed GTA Wiki to only promote a certain number of users to Administrator (and Bureaucrat), and because we were unable to think of a less complicated way to allow four people to run for the same promotional spot, we are holding a full-fledged election for the vacant Administrator slot.
Editors seeking promotion were requested to answer the questions at User:McJeff/Admin cases and email their answers to McJeff.
- The four editors running have abstained from voting entirely in the interest of fairness.
- This election is open to any active editor in good standing. However, this election will only be advertised on GTA Wiki pages, not on individual user talk pages. As always, bureaucrats may use their judgment regarding whether to count a vote.
- Editors may vote either 'first choice', 'yes', 'neutral', 'no', or 'abstain' on any candidate. 'First choice' means that you consider one editor to be more qualified or better suited for the job than other editors, even if those other editors may also be qualified. Only one' editor may be selected as 'first choice.
- Voting will run for exactly 7 days.
- The candidate with the highest percentage of 'yes' votes will win. In the case of a tie, the editor with the highest amount of 'first choice' votes (between the tied editors) will win. In the case of a tie in that situation, the editor with higher support among the bureaucrats will win. If there is no other way to break the tie, the bureaucrats will hold a bcrats-only vote.
Admin case responses
Questions for Dodo8
- For the Staff members saying I'm not active anymore - I won't be very much active until the end of the 8th grade (June). We have 2 big exams, if we get bad grades, we won't be able to apply for a good high school. I'm doing extra classes on Tuesday and Thursday, I wake up at 7 AM and I'm coming home at around 7 PM. After school I can't use the computer because I have to learn for the next day of school. If you consider I'm not active enough, I respect your decision. But please believe that I'd be more active if I could. During the days when I'm extra classes-free (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) I log onto Wiki eveytime to check the activity. I'm not completely inactive, but you have to understand that if I get promoted, I won't be able to do much until school ends. Cheers. Dodo8 Talk 11:47, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
Votes on Dodo8
- Yes - Knows a lot about the Wiki, he gave some decent answers, and despite a few issues initially he has become a good user. Tom Talk 03:09, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes -
You do seem suitable to be an admin but you aren't active enough. I'll wait to see what others say.After reading Jeff's comment I have decided to change my vote to yes. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:18, January 13, 2014 (UTC) Neutral - one of the more promising candidates in my eyes, however, I'm with Vaulty; you're not very active these days. But I haven't forgotten your earlier edits (which sometimes ranged from good to great). -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 11:38, January 11, 2014 (UTC) YesFirst Choice - on second thoughts, who the hell cares about semi-activity?, giving the fact that I'm semi-active myself due to personal reasons. His answers were all good, has high quality edits, possesses mature attitude, and being very experienced with Wikia. Erase that tiny talk of semi-activity and you got yourself a new admin. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 20:10, January 15, 2014 (UTC) Neutral - You're good enough to be an Administrator, but you're almost inactive during school time. AK-28 (Talk ★ Edits) 11:48, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Although my first choice is Thomas, Dodo could be a good admin as well. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 11:52, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
YesFirst Choice - I don't think that being less active than some other editors is a deal breaker. I sometimes go for a few weeks at a time without making any edits - doesn't mean I'm not keeping my eye on things or that I don't show up almost as soon as anyone asks for my help.
The only answer he gave that I didn't like was for question 1 - I agree with how he chose to handle John123, but he failed to recognize CowboyPatroller's abusing rollback. I was impressed by his answer to #4, being that he was the only candidate familiar with the rule that you must be at least 13 to edit Wikia. Jeff (talk|stalk) 21:32, January 12, 2014 (UTC) Changing to First Choice. Jeff (talk|stalk) 19:10, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - You have been on this wiki for some time now and seem to know how to handle admin situations, so you would be great for the administrator job. When you are active you make some good edits so I see no reason why not being active every day would be an issue. Boomer8 (talk) 02:57, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Being less active is not a big deal. Just because a user does not make an edit for a few days does not mean they're not keeping an eyes on things on the wiki. Liked his answers to most of the questions. Messi1983 (talk) 13:27, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
Admin case responses
Questions for Sasquatch101
Votes on Sasquatch101
- No - I just don't think that he'd make a good Admin. Tom Talk 03:09, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - I'll wait to see what others think. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 10:04, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - I've seen your work as a B'Crat on the Myths Wiki, and it's not bad, but I'm not sure if I can trust you with Admin rights on this Wiki. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 11:38, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - I'll let the choice to the administrators. AK-28 (Talk ★ Edits) 11:48, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - I'm more supportive of either Dodo or Thomas. Not done deciding yet. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 11:52, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - My biggest issue with Sasquatch, and my reason for not saying 'yes', is that although he's usually one of the more gentle-mannered editors, when he isn't, he's way too ready to go to war. I had to mediate between his GTA Myths Wiki and GTAV Wiki over the issue where Joshualeverburg plagiarized from GTA Myths - I'm not saying it was wrong to be upset about that because it wasn't, but he should have done more investigating rather than gone in with guns blazing.
On the other hand, I liked Sasquatch's answers, especially to questions #1 and #2. Jeff (talk|stalk) 21:37, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - By seeing how you handle yourself being a bureaucrat on the GTA Myths Wiki I think you'd make a great admin here. Boomer8 (talk) 02:57, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - Haven't decided yes or no on this user yet. Messi1983 (talk) 13:26, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
Admin case responses
Questions for Tony 1998
As per Dodo, for those saying I'm not as active as I used to be, I have school studies I have to worry about. I was active alot when I signed up in May 2012, but when I started high school in the same year in August, I had alot of homework to do. Because of this, I don't have to opprotunity to be active during the school periods, though, I check the wiki every now or then on my phone when I'm out or if I have some free time at home after all my studies are done. I had alot of active time during the summers of 2012, but the summer of last year, my internet connection was out for the whole three months and had the time to edit once every week from computers at a friend's house or at my public library. Hopefully this summer, I will stay more active on the wiki. I hope you guys all understand that, and I respect your votings and comments. --Tony1998 (Talker * Blogger * Stalker)-- 19:57, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
Votes on Tony 1998
- No - Tom Talk 03:09, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- No - You just don't seem active enough. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 10:04, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- No - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 11:38, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - I can't decide. AK-28 (Talk ★ Edits) 11:48, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- No - Well, in fact, I myself am not as active as I usually am on holidays, either. I can't find other reason to give you a "No", I just think you're not there yet. When you have some more time (Easter holidays, p.e.), if you work on that, you might have some more "Yes/First Choice" votes. Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 11:52, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- No - As per my comments on Dodo I'm not overly concerned about Tony not being incredibly active. Unfortunately, the question responses mostly weren't enough to convince me that Tony is the one to promote. Nothing Tony said or did is wrong, it's just... not good enough for a promotion. For what it's worth I'm really sorry I had to vote no. Jeff (talk|stalk) 21:42, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
- No - I don't think you have enough edits to be an admin. Boomer8 (talk) 02:57, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
- No - Messi1983 (talk) 13:26, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
Admin case responses
Questions for Thomas0802
Votes on Thomas0802
- First choice - Seems like the best candidate to me: he's active, has a good manner, and his responses to the cases were alright. I think he'd make a good Admin. Tom Talk 03:09, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- First choice - Like Tom said, he's probably the best candidate as he is the most active out of all of the candidates, has a good attitude and I agree with a lot of his answers on the cases. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 10:03, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - enough said. Plus he greatly improves his skills with each day passing. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 11:38, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - You are that guy, who is 'always outthere' editing. AK-28 (Talk ★ Edits) 11:48, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- First Choice - Per VaultBoy. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 11:52, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Relative to the other candidates I would put Thomas as the leading candidate. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 14:48, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - I didn't really like the answer to #4, it's not a good idea to go looking for information about people off-wiki. Other than that, the question responses were pretty good. The biggest thing Thomas has going for him is that even as a patroller he's always looking to improve his editing and regularly asks the bureaucrats for their opinions.
For the record I added Question 6 to the admin cases page after a discussion with Thomas about some negative information about us on a ShoutWiki that purports to keep track of "wikis that have left Wikia." Jeff (talk|stalk) 21:47, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - You have a ton of edits, you're very active, and have an overall positive attitude. Also you answered most of the questions pretty good, so you would be great admin. All three of the people I said yes to I would have no problem with being an admin. Boomer8 (talk) 02:57, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
- First Choice - I liked his answers on the case questions. Messi1983 (talk) 13:26, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Dodo8: 8(2)/0/0
- Sasquatch101: 1(0)/1/6
- Tony 1998: 0(0)/7/1
- Thomas0802: 9(5)/0/0
First, in regards to counting votes, it should be mentioned that JBanton only cast a vote on Thomas0802, which is why Thomas has 9 total votes instead of 8. Although JBanton didn't specifically say 'first choice', the phrasing of his comment made it clear that Thomas0802 was his first choice, and I counted it as such.
Although both Thomas0802 and Dodo8 have unanimous support, Thomas won three additional 'fist choice' votes. Therefore, Thomas0802 is the winner and the new GTA Wiki administrator. Jeff (talk|stalk) 15:36, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
I gained the administrator rights this day here, in the GTA Wiki, the biggest information source about the GTA series, the fifth best-selling video game series in the history of video games. This is a very important cargo to me and I'm happy to possess the rights. But would I be an admin without my friends, my comrades? Certainly not.
All the staff members prior my entrance here in the Wiki helped me. I made friends here, we spend hours talking on chat, writing articles, contacting another for help, and this is what we call solidarity. I've learned how to deal with vandalism, creating templates, formulating texts and infoboxes.