Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
You may apply for Rollback Rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Requests for Oversight and Checkuser must be done at Wikia Central (and they'll probably be declined).
Rollback is a tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, move images, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active for four months with no rules violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users votes, such as changing a no to a yes, will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2011-12
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2013
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Jan 2014 Administrator Election
Carl Johnson Jr. - Patroller
- Closed 22:32, February 9, 2014 (UTC) as Successful
Hello, I'm Carl Johnson Jr! After doing more than 2,500 edits on this wiki, I've decided that it's time to rise up as a patroller. I tend to patrol this wiki several times throughout the day. When I first joined, I mostly made edits about grammar, punctuation, etc. When Grand Theft Auto V came out, I was shocked at how many articles were still not made/cleaned up. I was inspired by how well written the Liberty City (HD Universe) articles were written, so I modelled my style of writing towards them. I'm responsible for adding details and better descriptions in articles like Paleto Bay, along with adding new images. I also made various articles like Puerto Del Sol. The random page button also helps me clean up the wiki overall, and also allows me to suggest to admins on changing some page names I find. I feel that I'm ready to make a jump to patroller. Thank you for taking your time to read this! Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 17:35, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Undecided - Dodo8 Talk 19:05, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:34, February 1, 2014 (UTC)\
- Yes- ( ★ ) 20:54, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - Jeff (talk|stalk) 19:44, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Messi1983 (talk) 20:54, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:01, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 22:31, February 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I think you would do well as a patroller. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:34, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- You have a nice contributing history, so I gave you my vote. ( ★ ) 20:54, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I think you'd do a good job as a patroller. Messi1983 (talk) 20:54, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- After thinking about it for a while, I can see that you follow our policies, you're civil and cooperative. So I don't see any problem in promoting you. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:01, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hi I am Smashbro8! I am a common editor on this wiki and I would like to be a patroller on the wiki. I have been on this wiki from since June 2013/July 2013. I started off as a minor editor but I began to help out the wiki with other stuff, specifically stuff containing Grand Theft Auto V. I've also created pages on my own such as Horny's Burgers, the Paleto Forest Sawmill, Designer Slave, Palomino Avenue, and Rex's Diner. I would like to be a patroller because I enjoy this wiki. Also, the wiki is randomly attacked by vandals, uncivil users, etc. I constantly watch over the wiki 24/7, however I am hesitant about undoing edits, and warning users due to my lack of staff powers and I also am not sure when I am correct or wrong. I also think that there should a patroller to patrol the wiki during the early morning and late nights, since I see this time as the time for editors to make nonsense on the page. I do not go to public school, and I am homeschooled, giving me the time to do work and look over the wiki as often as possible. I am a very helpful editor and am also very close to many editors on the wiki, making it easy for us to work together on stuff. I am also a good admin, as seen on Wii Wiki and Driv3r Wiki from the "My Favorite Wikis" section of my user page, however, I'll leave that for another year. Let me know what you all think! Thanks! Smashbro8 (talk) 21:48, January 26, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- No - Simply not qualified, considering that we decided we need to be much more selective about promoting people to patroller after a couple got promoted on "I edit a lot" without actually knowing the rules. You say "I am hesitant about undoing edits, and warning users due to my lack of staff powers and I also am not sure when I am correct or wrong" - If you don't know whether you're right or wrong you should be asking other editors and making posts on the article talk pages. I notice your images don't follow GTA Wiki:Image Policy. You also say there's heavy vandalism, but it's actually lighter than usual and hasn't been severe enough for anyone to bother bringing it to the attention of any of the bureaucrats.
This isn't a "never" vote. If you're interested in becoming a patroller, the bureaucrats are usually glad to help teach new users learn what they need to do to get promoted, and plenty of editors have failed their first request for promotion and been promoted later. However, speaking for myself I intend to be very careful about promoting underqualified users. Jeff (talk|stalk) 22:17, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
YesNo - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 12:38, January 31, 2014 (UTC) Yes (with conditions)No --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 22:17, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- No - Tom Talk 22:44, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
YesNo- ( ★ ) 10:48, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- No - Dodo8 Talk 15:45, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- @McJeff. I clearly understand where you are coming from. Somethings I have written wrong in my request. I will undo edits and there are many times me, Cloudkit01 and other users had to report users to The Tom. The wiki does be under attack sometimes by vandals and other types of uncivil users and I have made reports to The Tom about them several times. Also, I try my best to follow the Image Policy, which however, is rather confusing to me. Sorry! Smashbro8 (talk) 22:21, January 26, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- I know that there may be many problems, but just look at Thomas0802, he wasn't perfect at first but he's gradually gotten better. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 12:38, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- One thing that I noticed is how cooperatively and friendly you are. You helped us a lot since the release of GTA V. I can consider your edits very useful and meaningful, but I'll have to disagree with few aspects: Actually you don't need/should hesitate when undoing edits, because the matter is, as a patroller, hence the name, you're patrolling the Wiki. This means, you should know the difference between what's right and what's wrong, this can be clearly explained if you read all of our policies. And about the image policy, this is a serious subject and should be followed. Even if I control the edits and images, someone who has been around here for months should know this. So, before closing the comment, I'll need to be sure you're respecting the following subjects:
- Not yet. You don't know policies and Wikia in general well enough yet. I had a lot of issues with you initially, since then you've gotten a lot better - much more civil - but for me you're just not there yet. Maybe in the future. Tom Talk 22:44, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- @Thomas0802 and LS11sVaultBoy, if you think he needs to work on things, don't vote yes until he has proven his competence. You shouldn't vote yes because you think he can get better, he needs to get better before you vote yes. Tom Talk 22:44, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Patricularly true. How many time do you think we should we give him to prove it and apply again? Oh, and by the way, Carl Johnson Jr. is going to apply right now. Both concurring simultaneously, so what now? --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 23:38, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Nobody is perfect, so I gave you my vote, however you need to read and understand the policies. Being a patroller is about keeping this wiki strong and safe community, not the amount of edits you made. ( ★ ) 10:48, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- @Thomas I'd say a month or two, just enough time for him to show us he is capable of being a good patroller. We do the same vote with Carl. Tom Talk 11:58, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- @Smashbro, don't be disheartened by my vote, you're a good editor, you need to take the criticism on board - particularly Jeff's - and improve. You're still learning and you're doing the right thing by asking the staff plenty of questions. Tom Talk 11:58, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- OK The Tom, we shall do this in a month or so. I clearly understand the Image Policy now but I'm so confused on reverting multiple edits. Smashbro8 (talk) 15:27, February 1, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Most of your edits are good, you are civil, but I agree with the others, you should learn more about policies before becoming a patroller.Dodo8 Talk 15:45, February 1, 2014 (UTC)