Please use this page to discuss the staff list and user access levels in general. To discuss becoming staff, see GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion
We have seven patrollers on this wiki, could be eight pending on Sasquatch101's request. Isn't it about time we put a limit on how many patrollers we have here? I personally think we need a new admin rather then a new patroller. Messi1983 (talk) 05:50, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I wasn't just thinking the same, I was about to propose putting you me and Tom working with a couple of the better patrollers to get them ready to be an admin. I was also thinking that if anyone gets the urge to step down as a b-crat, I think Ilan's very close to ready to step up, if not ready already. Though I don't think GTAWiki should ever have more than 3 b-crats at a time. Jeff (talk|stalk) 06:23, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- We need a new admin or two because in a couple of months time, GTA V will come out and then this place will be like rush hour on the London Underground (chaos and very very busy). If we ever needed a new B'crat, then yes, Ilan would be my first choice to be promoted. Him or Winter Moon. Messi1983 (talk) 23:09, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry I never commented on this matter. But with more and more requests coming in, we should definitely decide. Also I do agree with the Ilan thing, but he has established himself as something of a senior Admin already. Tom Talk 19:57, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- With three bureaucrats, four admins, and eight patrollers, and most of them active, I believe we do not need anymore new staff members. Only promotions that should happen is if one of our existing patrollers request adminship or if Ilan requests Bureaucratship. Messi1983 (talk) 09:48, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
While checking the users list, I noticed that User:Thai420 and User:GuildKnight are still flagged as bureaucrats. Thai420 hasn't been around for years, GuildKnight hasn't edited for years (she logged in in October 2012) and she's among the crew that went over to Grand Theft Wiki although she's inactive over there. Should we not worry about it or should we hold a request for demotion? Jeff (talk|stalk) 21:26, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Nothing to worry about if they're both been inactive for ages. Messi1983 (talk) 23:04, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
On the page
Can one of the admins put the staffs colors on the page so new users know what they mean.
Beuracrats = Baby Blue
Admins = Blue
Patrollers = Yellow
- I think that would be useless, the names are already colored. Take a look.Dodo8 Talk
It won't work with the Flagicon template because it isn't a .svg.
Instead, the code is [[File:SingaporeFlag.gif|20px|link=wp:Singapore]]
22:42, July 11, 2015 (UTC)
MarcusCheeKJ 's name is misspelled
Hey I just wanted to say something, the new Patroller, MarcusCheeKJ has his name misspelled as 'MarcusCheekKJ' in the Patroller section of the page. I can't edit this page because I'm not a staff member, so can somebody please change it? Andy Ashley (talk) 00:40, July 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing out Andy, i'll report that to an admin. AndreEagle17 00:50, July 15, 2015 (UTC)
Hey. I noticed that the profile pic for That Ferrari Guy does not link to his page like all the other profile pics for the other staff members. Can somebody change it? Or, maybe unlock this page so I can fix it? Andy A. (Talk | Contributions) 14:14, September 27, 2015 (UTC)
- That's because it isn't a flag icon, it is just a .png image. The svg image messed up and the whole thing was corrupt. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 21:28, October 3, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry if it seemed chaotic, feel free to fix it. Took me a couple of minutes to add my specialties and new avatar as a result of me being a new Patroller:
|Finding and obtaining Handling, Model and Internal names|
Provide images for comparison purposes, among others
- No. You simply cannot have all these. They are too specific and lengthy. Look at other examples. Monk Talk 05:55, July 26, 2016 (UTC)
Demotion and repromotion
I have to bring it to your attention that you have a flaw stated in this section and I will explain why it is a flaw.
'Administrators and bureaucrats who go inactive are demoted to Patroller by policy - no community vote required' - That's all very good with one small problem. How are you going to demote a bureaucrat to patroller for inactivity when none of you have the ability to do this? The only people who can demote a bureaucrat are the bureaucrat themselves and Wikia Staff and Wikia Staff do not demote bureaucrats for inactivity unless there is community consensus and inactivity for at least a year. Messi1983 (talk) 06:29, October 1, 2016 (UTC)
- The idea when I wrote that was that if we had a policy for demoting bureaucrats and followed it as it was written, we might not have had to jump through all the hoops Wikia Staff made us when we wanted to demote bureaucrats, like what happened to the guys who originally founded Bully Wiki and Bully Fanon Wiki. Jeff (talk·stalk) 22:10, October 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Of course, there are actually two inactive bureaucrats who were bureaucrats from before the community split - User:GuildKnight (part of the Grand Theft Wiki crew who was inactive during the community split) and User:Thai420 (who originally founded the place). Seems to me I proposed demoting them and the community voted not to. Jeff (talk·stalk) 22:11, October 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Oop. Seems someone doesn't really know how it now works - Wikia/Fandom Staff do demote Bureaucrats under community consensus - we had Smashbro8 demoted for inactivity - although he did ask the other bureaucrats to close it as a resignation, which, to me, would likely be the result of all bureaucratic demotions, as Staff at such a level are likely to come to terms with the demotion request and as such either demote themselves or let Wikia Staff realise, indirectly, that they don't need the rights anymore. It seems slacking and I'm aware of that, but in reality demoting bureaucrats should and does not occur often. Monk Talk 22:27, October 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Jeff - The users who founded Bully Wiki and Bully Fanon Wiki were inactive for more than a year before they were demoted. Also if you remember correctly, Wikia staff asked us on Bully Fanon to keep the vote open a little longer despite votes to demote the user. Also you made that point on this wiki when there was a vote to demote me. All I am saying is they should remove 'no community vote required' when a community vote is needed.