The Gang Rancher is a modified variant of the Rancher but with four doors and a longer wheelbase. It serves as a gang car driven by the Sharks, and as such, are commonly parked in empire sites owned by the Sharks. The vehicle's front end, rim set, hood, and rear are different from the original Rancher and it also supports the gang's colors; which are red, white, and black. It apparently shares the same polygon model as the FBI Rancher, a vehicle which appeared in GTA VC but is only available with mods or cheat devices in GTA VCS.
The Gang Rancher's performance is considerably better than that of a standard Rancher. Its acceleration is delayed, but can reach a decent top speed along a straight. Braking and steering are also robust, considering the size of the vehicle itself. The vehicle has an all wheel drive system, making it good off road, however the engine has slightly below average power driving the vehicle. The FBI Rancher possesses somewhat better performance.
- The Gang Rancher is often seen driving around Prawn Island and Vice Point, even after all the businesses are acquired.
- The default radio station for the Gang Rancher is Wave 103 or Flash FM.
- All of the Gang Ranchers parked outside a Shark business site are locked, even if you recruit a gang member and try to go in it'll still be locked; however it's possible for the gang member to enter the vehicle.
- Whenever the player attacks an empire site belonging to the Sharks, a death squad is sent after the player and they will drive-by and follow the player.
- Internally, the Gang Rancher is named "gangbur", suggesting that it is a replacement for the Gang Burrito.
- The Gang Rancher is very comparable to the Cartel Cruiser, another gang SUV in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.