- "An American muscle car in a class by itself. Roll down the windows and scream in testosterone-filled rage as you gun the engine while stuck in traffic. DNA wipes easily off the leather seats."
- — Description from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
The Gauntlet is heavily inspired by the third generation Challenger based on its distinctive body shape, with lines that are flared and smooth. It also sports styling cues directly from the 1970s E-Body muscle cars, with hood scoops resembling the first generation Challenger ones or 1970-1974 Plymouth Barracuda ones and side scoops like the 1971 Challenger R/T ones. The front fascia is based on the newer fifth generation Chevrolet Camaro. The Gauntlet also appears to feature actual sealed beam headlights, rather than the Challenger's modern retro-inspired headlights. Its rear end draws heavily from the Challenger, though the taillights are closer to the ones on the fifth generation Camaro.
Like other muscle cars, the Gauntlet has a tendency to spin out, it has only average top speed but outstanding acceleration, but it's only beaten by the Dominator.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
(Number + Type)
(Kg / lb)
Top Speed (Handling.dat)
Four Gauntlets are needed for the game's final main story heist only if you picked the first option. The player only needs to source three of these, before modifying them at Los Santos Customs. They can either be found at specific locations pointed out by Lester or if the player prefers, bought from the internet.
- Can be bought for $32,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
- Found at top floor of a garage, eastern Little Seoul, on Vespucci Boulevard and Peaceful Street, next to the La Puerta Freeway overpass.
- On-street parking spot, Rockford Hills, in front of the Caca and Winfrey Castiglione shops. Across this location you can find the Truffade Adder as well.
- In a small alley, Mission Row/Vespucci Boulevard, southern Downtown. You can find many closed shops here, like Family Pharmacy and Electrical Supplies Shop.
- At the parking of a big theater, southeast Vinewood Hills.
- A "gauntlet" is handwear of leather or metal commonly worn as part of a suit of armor.
- It is likely Rockstar chose the name from the phrase "to throw down the gauntlet" which is a term that means "to challenge" and so is possibly connected to the modern Challenger upon which the car was based.