- "An American muscle car in a class by itself. Roll down the windows and scream in testosterone-filled rage as you gun the engine while stuck in traffic. DNA wipes easily off the leather seats."
- — Description from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
The Gauntlet is heavily inspired by the 2008-2014 Dodge Challenger based on its distinctive body shape, with lines that are flared and smooth. It also sports styling cues directly from the 1970s E-Body muscle cars, with hood scoops resembling the first generation Challenger ones or 1970-1974 Plymouth Barracuda ones and side scoops like the 1971 Challenger R/T ones. The Gauntlet also appears to feature actual sealed beam headlights, rather than the Challenger's modern retro-inspired headlights. The grille somewhat resembles that from the fifth generation Chevrolet Camaro, with a sharp nose. Its rear end draws heavily from the Challenger, though the taillights are closer to the ones on the fifth generation Camaro.
Like other muscle cars, the Gauntlet has a moderate tendency to spin out, it has above average top speed and outstanding acceleration, but it's only beaten by the Dominator.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
(Number + Type)
(Kg / lb)
Top Speed (Handling.dat)
7.4 l V8
Four Gauntlets are needed for the game's final main story heist only if you picked the first option. The player only needs to source three of these, before modifying them at Los Santos Customs. They can either be found at specific locations pointed out by Lester or if the player prefers, bought from the Internet.
- Can be bought for $32,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
- Found at top floor of a garage, eastern Little Seoul, on Vespucci Boulevard and Peaceful Street, next to the La Puerta Freeway overpass.
- On-street parking spot, Rockford Hills, in front of the Caca and Winfrey Castiglione shops. Across this location you can find the Truffade Adder as well.
- In a small alley, Mission Row/Vespucci Boulevard, southern Downtown. You can find many closed shops here, like Family Pharmacy and Electrical Supplies Shop.
- At the parking of a big theater, southeast Vinewood Hills.
- Sometimes found in the southern part of the LS River storm drain or at the sewer tunnel exit at night, where gang members are having car races.
- Can be found parked outside of the Lifeinvader Office.
- A "gauntlet" is handwear of leather or metal commonly worn as part of a suit of armor.
- It is possible Rockstar chose the name from the phrase "to throw down the gauntlet" which is a term that means "to challenge" and so is possibly connected to the modern Challenger upon which the car was based.
- It may also refer to the 1977 action movie The Gauntlet starring Clint Eastwood.
- The Gauntlet has no reverse lights.
- The default radio station is Channel X.
- Similarly to the Vapid Dominator, the Gauntlet is equipped with a carbeurated engine, which is unusual as it is based on a modern vehicle.
- The Gaunlet is unique in the sense that it doesn't actually have a full beam function on its headlights. If you equip full beam, rather than the lights going brighter like most cars, the lights retain the same brightness level and the fog lights are turned on instead.
- If modified correctly, the Gauntlet will resemble Bumblebee from the live-action Transformers films (except for Age of Extinction).