|This article is about the character from GTA Online. You may be looking for Gerald (GTA London) or Gerald McReary.|
- "You got anything else interesting, bring it my way."
- ―Gerald to the player.
Events of GTA Online
The player is introduced to Gerald through Lamar. Gerald serves as a mission giver to the player; he often gives the player missions of stealing drugs from other dealers and gangs - usually the Vagos or The Lost MC, after the online player starts working for Gerald.
- "Well goddamn you antisocial motherfucker, you gonna speak?"
- ―Lamar to Gerald.
Gerald is referred to as anti-social by Lamar, which appears to be true as Gerald goes back to his apartment soon after meeting the player. He appears to be a paranoid person with difficulty to trust new associates, as he hesitates to meet the player, and often tells the player to keep his/her mouth shut after delivering drugs to him.
He is a quiet person, often saying short words or sentences like "Nice" or "All right" when meeting or messaging the player. He is more serious than Lamar when it comes to business, and appears to get annoyed by him. In general, he seems to have a low opinion of Lamar and speaks badly of him to the player over the phone.
Gerald is an African-American man of an average size, slightly overweight. He wears a white fedora hat, sunglasses, a black & silver "LS" necklace, a black t-shirt, and blue jeans.
- GTA Online
- Learning The Ropes (Boss)
- Deal Breaker (Boss)
- Death Metal (Boss)
- Flood in the LS River (Boss)
- Pier Pressure (Boss)
- Meth'd Up (Boss)
- No Hay Bronca (Boss)
- Gassed Up (Boss)
- Violent Duct (Boss)
- War and Pieces (Boss)
- Chumash and Grab (Boss)
- Dish the Dirt (Boss)
- Hit 'Em Up (Boss)
- Hard Labor (Boss)
Services (GTA Online)
|Service||GTA Online Description||In-Game Effect||Cost||Level Requirement|
|Request Job||Request an invite to a previously completed Job.||After a few seconds, you will be sent an invite to a random job you have completed for Gerald previously.||$0||0|
- On several occasions, when delivering drugs to Gerald, he may appear with his sunglasses and hat removed. Whether this was intentional or a glitch is unknown.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, it is possible to find a post of Gerald on Lamar's Lifeinvader page. It warns Lamar to stay away from him.
- Ironically, Gerald's apartment has signs that read "No Weapons" and "No Drug Deals."
- Gerald bears resemblance to Big Smoke. Both wear glasses and a hat, are overweight, deal drugs and at some point or another, were affiliated with The Families (Grove Street Families in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas).
- Gerald used to be overweight, and owned a lowrider which was stolen and sold to Mexicans by Lamar.
- It is possible that Gerald discovered that the theft of his car was by Lamar during the events of GTA V, which would explain why he tells Lamar to stay away from him on his Lifeinvader page.
- "I ever tell you about G's first lowrider? Man, that car got low. And not just 'cause of the suspension. G was a fat motherfucker back then, and that ride dropped an extra six inches whenever he got in. Scraped along the ground, sparks comin' up out the back. And he had this bitch with a big ol' ass. Man, that bitch was sexy as fuck. She get in the car with him and that motherfucker wouldn't even move. Tires just spinning on the spot, smoking like a motherfucker. And if it did get goin' it'd take this big ass scrape out of the ground, like a big trail like a plane crash. Dude, did that car get low. It was laid like a motherfucker, ma nigga. Damn. Hey, don't tell G but I stole that motherfucker and sold it to the Mexicans. Hey, a nigga gotta get in where he fit in. You think that's why G's so pissed, or is it all this other shit?"
- ―Lamar during Peace Offering.