A Glitch, also known as a Bug, is an error in the game that produces an effect that was unintended by programmers. Glitches can be unintentional and may cause problems to the player, but some glitches may be used to the player's advantage.
The following page lists all of the major glitches found in the Grand Theft Auto games (Major means most noticeable, or easy to exploit). Take note that if you are going to post a new glitch, it must be able to be repeated.
One of the most popular and common glitches is nicknamed "Blue Hell". It is featured in every game since GTA III. Once you enter it, you will fall for 5-10 seconds, and then return to the surface.
Grand Theft Auto
The Swimming Glitch
Find some water, preferably a small pond, but not the ocean and walk towards the water. Continue walking when you hit the water and you'll continue walking/swimming, but only for 5-6 seconds.
Grand Theft Auto III
Walking Above The Porter Tunnel
One method of reaching Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale before they're unlocked, without cheats, is by exploiting a glitch that allows you to walk above the Porter Tunnel. To do this one must drive a car to the concrete sea wall above the tunnel entrance on Portland Island. The player has to park the car right along the edge of the wall, in line with the tunnel. When the player exits the vehicle, they will fall through the sea and into Blue Hell, but will land on top of the tunnel. The player can then walk along the tunnel, then jump into Blue Hell at the Staunton Island or Shoreside Vale end, so that the player can get teleported above the surface.
Walking Above The Subway Tunnel
This glitch can be performed at the subway in Shoreside Vale at the airport. When the train arrives to the platform, take the very last door of the train. Enter the train and then get out again. You will automatically get teleported above the platform, standing above Blue Hell and you will see the tunnel. Then you can run on the tunnel (you have to jump over one of the first holders for the electricity cables in the ceiling, otherwise you will fall into the tunnel). This is a good method to reach the whole Shoreside Vale if you not have unlocked it yet (if you get busted or wasted, you will be transported to the hospital or police station on the nearest island that you have unlocked). If you want to get to Shoreside Vale, jump into Blue Hell. You will respawn on the ground of the island.
Rhino Spawn Glitch
Taxi Driver Glitch
The player can transport people in any car besides the Taxi or Cabbie by executing the following glitch. Enter a taxi cab, and press and hold the side mission button. Keep holding the button and exit the cab. Then enter the car to whichever one the player desires (except for other vehicles with side missions). Once in the new car, release the sub-mission button and the Taxi mission will start.
Easy Vigilante Glitch
Whenever you are on a Vigilante mission, get near the target car (on visual range seems to be enough) and pause the game, entering the menu screen. Immediately once you resume playing the criminal on the car will stop and proceed his/her "getaway" on foot, being much easier to kill. Also, he will most likely engage in shooting other pedestrians if you are not his nearest target. A very few times this might not work the first time, just try again and/or get just a bit closer.
"Killer Look" Glitch
While you are on foot, if there is anybody trapped under a car and you use the first person view (just look around a little bit), they will die instantly. The death will not be added to Claude's tally. This also happens if the ped is trapped under the car and the player starts a mission.
Pedestrian Money Glitch
Sometimes if a pedestrian is killed, he/she may drop a large sum of cash, usually a total of at least $3,000. This may be a glitch in the programming from the money drop rate, as this glitch occurs to almost any pedestrian.
Inside the narrow tunnel that runs beneath St. Mark's (which links Portland Docks with the Harwood Train Yard), there are 4 peds that spawn, supposedly remnants of Darkel's gang, a deleted character. Drive a Bobcat into the tunnel and stop so you are in view of the gang. Get out of the Bobcat, jump on its hood, and walk up to its roof. The 4 peds willl start walking around aimlessly. When you walk back down onto its hood, 4 more gang peds will spawn in the same spots. Each time you walk from the roof down to its hood, 4 more peds will spawn. However, the game will freeze after at least 40 peds have spawned.
Accessible Joey's Garage Glitch
You can get into Joey's Garage and see the whole interior as seen in cutscenes, by drive a car into the left garage door. Run on the left corner between the door and the garage. After a few seconds, you will be inside the garage.
Car Spawn Glitch
Take a car, drive it anywhere. Save and load your game and you can see the car is still in there in the condition it was left in.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Find a motorbike and a clothing icon. Park the bike in the clothing icon, but make it so that when you get off, Tommy won't touch the icon. Get off the bike then get back on. If you did it right, Tommy should have gotten the clothes and gotten on the bike at the same time, and as a result, he will be in a standing position, yet stuck to the motorcycle. This is hard to do at first but practice makes perfect. This also works for cars, but it is much easier with motorcycles, or with the Caddy.
Cargo Ship Glitch
On the cargo ship in Viceport if you get to the top of the ships cargo you may see a small gap between the two sets of cargo. If you jump into the gap, you will appear outside of the ship between the cargo holds outside the ship and on the other side of the road.
Cherry Popper Save Bug
The Cherry Popper's save point can corrupt your saved file. To avoid the corruptions of the files, save elsewhere. However sometimes this doesn't happen but it's better not to risk.
Test Track & Trial by Dirt
The initial scores of both Trial By Dirt and Test Track will have the same time results once both scores are listed in stats. Once you play the missions again and beat each time, the scores will be individual as they should be.
Helicopter with Cinematic Camera
If you use the cinematic camera view while performing a drive-by in a helicopter, the sound the gun makes is not the sound of a sub machine gun. Rather, it is the sound of a pursuit Police Helicopter's machine gun.
Apartment 3C Glitch
In the Easter Egg room Apartment 3C, go to the bathtub with the blood on the wall. If you sprint and jump into the blood stain for a while, you will fall through the wall and enter the Interiors Universe.
The Ghost Tower refers to an air traffic control tower that was originally intended to be located within Fort Baxter. If you are going towards the air base from any other mainland, you will notice an odd-colored building with a large antenna in the distance. However, after you enter the mainland, the tower disappears. This tower was going to serve a runway at the base, but both were cut before the game was released. The texture can still be seen before entering the mainland, as when the mainland is entered the map fully loads and the tower can't be viewed up close. After the mainland is entered, the tower disappears. The tower is just a low density texture that was accidentally left in the game (Most structures that are way off in the distance are low-density, but when you get close to them, their texture gets clearer and they become high-density). This glitch can also be seen in GTA Vice City Stories.
Floating Car Glitch
Get a car, and drive off of a jump. In mid-air, press the vehicle enter/exit button, and the car will suddenly freeze floating in the air, with Tommy standing on the roof. However, on rare occasions, the car may disappear immediately when the button is pressed, and Tommy will fall to the ground.
Jacked by Criminals
There are criminals walking around the city, other than Tommy, and they sometimes jack vehicles, even the player's. If you see one of them slowly walking towards your car, park in a position so that the ped will try to get in the car through the right front door. When it opens the door, drive away. The ped will get into the right front seat, leaving you in the driver's seat, but you will lose control of the vehicle. Instead, the car will drive itself as it would be an AI vehicle, slowly, stopping at red lights, etc. The criminal won't change seats if you exit/jump out of the car.
It is unconfirmed, but while you are still sitting in the car, you can try killing the ped by doing a drive-by on the right side. This is a rare glitch, and the criminal ped will only enter the car if the "enter vehicle" animation has reached a certain point, where driving away with the car won't just knock over the ped on the sidewalk in the process.
Dead Car Glitch
Find a random car that is travelling around the city. Before you enter the car, enter the exploding car cheat immediately enter the health cheat. You can drive with car that has exploded. Pop the wheels beforhand for added effect that you are floating
Wheels on Aircraft
If you park a Sea Sparrow into a Pay 'n' Spray, it will emerge from the garage with wheels inside the pontoons. The only Spray Shop big enough to accommodate the Sea Sparrow is the spray'n'go behind Sunshine Autos.
If one of the weapons in your inventory is used in a Rampage, you will lose it straight after.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
First Mission Glitch
In the first mission, when C.R.A.S.H. takes you for a ride in their police cruiser, enter the jetpack cheat when the car stops near the train. You will be wasted, and will respawn at the nearest hospital. If this is done correctly, you will be able to go inside every enterable structure at the very beginning of the game, even clothes stores and sometimes you can go inside Jizzy's Pleasure Domes when you unlock San Fierro. Some bridges may also be unlocked, although crossing them still gives the player a 4 star wanted level.
If you blow your girlfriend up with several radio-controlled bombs, she will not die and the date won't be failed.
Obtain a Monster and park ONE wheel onto a random car (sideways or front on, both work). Get out of the Monster, get in the car you park on, and you may find yourself spinning high in the air, crashing back down to earth. Also, the car can become stuck in ground.
Car Spawn GlitchWhen driving down any highway in the state, the player may randomly encounter NPC cars that spawn inside of each other, thus they will be stuck and will give off sparks along with their tire angle that changed to 45 degree, then both cars will start smoking and eventually explode. The cars can be freed by simply hitting them with your car. Another version of this glitch is that cars may also spawn half-in and half-out of the ground, usually at a 45 degree angle and with their rear end submerged in the road. This occurs most frequently on long bridges, such as the Gant or Garver bridge, for unknown reasons. They usually just go the same speed as the other cars, but some may kind of bump around and explode. These cars may be freed by hitting them.
Taxi Driver Mission Glitch
A glitch can occur when the player begins the Taxi Driver mission, but no fares are available. It happens when the player has crossed over the map boundaries (e.g. flying too far away from San Andreas). It is advised to complete the Taxi missions very early to avoid this glitch.
End of the Line Mission Glitch
After completing the mission End of the Line, all law enforcement vehicles will disappear from the player's garages (police cars, Rhinos, and even the SWAT Tank). This may be a glitch, but it is most likely to stop players from obtaining the SWAT Tank (as End of the Line is the only mission to obtain it and the vehicle was never meant to be available during normal gameplay). The player can, however, obtain the tank if he/she fails the mission, whether accidentally or on purpose. To do this, fail the mission and then drive it into a garage. However, the player will still be unable to complete the mission and retain the vehicle.
End of the Line Mission Glitch 2
During the mission End of the Line, the player will encounter an engine carriage of a Brown Streak. Unlike most trains that appear during missions, this one can be hijacked (with the penalty of losing Sweet, thus failing the mission). If this train is jacked, other trains will appear on the player's track, passing through the player's train.
No Traffic Glitch
Sometimes, if you are driving or flying really fast over San Andreas and you stop or land suddenly, no cars will spawn driving around, although stationary vehicles and pedestrians do spawn. This glitch can be fixed by simply activating a sub-mission or entering an interior. This glitch also sometimes occurs if you somehow die inside of an interior, usually by throwing a grenade at the wall or shooting an RPG. Then, when you spawn at the hospital, there will be no traffic.
On the southernmost block of Fort Carson, there is a Beagle that spawns in the driveway of a house, stuck between the house and a large palm tree. It is unstable, as even the slightest nudge or push can cause its left engine to catch on fire and explode. Entering it is not recommended, as it will also lead to imminent destruction. Sometimes it just explodes immediately, even if the player never touched it. This glitch is most likely a coding error. Maybe a different vehicle was meant to spawn there, but the Beagle was placed there by accident. It is possible to get it out by sprinting against its backside and nudging it out from between the house and the tree, or by using several cheats.
Airport Gate Glitch
You can open the front gate of the Easter Bay Airport before you have acquired a pilots license. Go up to the left sliding gate, punch it, and turn away quickly.
Ghost Bike Glitch
If you ram into a bike with a driver, and then quickly drive away, whilst looking back the ped disappears, and the bike will drive with no one on it. This happens if you are far enough away that the ped disappears whilst they are doing the 'get on' animation. The bike reads that the driver is getting on, and drives like normal. But the ped is gone. The bike will drive normal until its flipped over or jacked. The player will not punch anyone off if you try to steal it.
If you go into an interior while having a parachute on and you switch to it, the altitude meter will be all the way at the top, because you are in the hidden interiors universe. This is not really a glitch.
Flying Train Glitch
In the mission Snail Trail, if the player follows one of the Freight trains that spawns in the opposite direction to the Brown Streak, the Freight will make a right turn off the tracks at Cranberry Station and fly across the map until reaching the tracks at Red County where the train will make another right back onto the tracks and continue on its journey like a normal train. Viewing this glitch to completion requires failing the mission.
This is caused by the path file within the game only being coded as far as Cranberry Station. When the train reaches the end of the path, it heads directly for the next set of coordinates, which are located in Red County, way accross the map. Video: 
In Downtown Los Santos, there is a building with floors on the outside that you can stand on. On the floor in the middle of two other higher floors you can see very little of the interior of it in some places, while others, when you look at just the right angles, make CJ invisible, but only in that spot looking in that angle. If you have a jetpack on and do this, the flames will show. The building is straight across the highway from an Ammu-Nation.
Railroad Signal Glitch
If you get busted during the riots, and somebody kills the cop while he is arresting CJ, the BUSTED sign will not disappear.
Random plane crash "glitch"
There is a common and sometimes irritating random factor of the game where airplanes crash to the ground or into buildings near CJ (with sometimes fatal or mission-failing consequences). Most people think that this is a glitch in the game when it actually is not. San Andreas implemented many new RPG elements in the game such as driving skill, endurance, muscle, fat, etc. One of these new stats is called "luck" which can be increased by collecting the horse shoes that are hidden around the state. The more luck the player has, the less likely planes will crash at random. Once you hit 100% luck the planes are no longer a threat. Most crashes occur if the player is roaming around an area with many tall structures around him (Buildings, trees, etc). The airplane may crash into one of these structures, making an audible explosion sound. However, there are also some instances where the player is on relatively flat ground and an airplane may just crash straight into the ground near him, or into the vehicle the player is in. Other crashes occur after CJ exits an interior after being inside for a few minutes and an aircraft spawns too low. Random crashes occur all around the state, most notably around Downtown Los Santos and San Fierro, or also in heavily-forested areas like Whetstone. There are also frequent crashes atop Mount Chiliad. Videos of this can be seen here and here.
Madd Dogg's Safehouse basketball and gym glitch
It's been reported by some that saving at Madd Dogg's Mansion once it becomes a safehouse can cause a glitch rendering all the basketball games and gyms in the State inoperable. This doesn't appear to happen all the time (and may not be an issue with the PS2 version).
Walk Underwater Glitches
There are various glitches that allow CJ to stand on the sea floor and walk around as if he was on land. Go to Palomino Creek and, just north of it, there are two little circular roads that are exits from the Los Santos Freeway. Jump into the water northeast of these roads, and swim down to the bottom of the sea alongside the vertical rock ledge. Right at the corner of the ocean floor and the ledge, there is a large white rock with a flat top and a few weeds around it. Swim around on the top of the rock (this may take a little while) and soon enough, CJ will suddenly drop down standing on the rock and you may be able to walk around without a breath meter. You are able to spawn vehicles using cheat codes, and with this glitch you will be able to collect many oysters with ease. <Confirmed on PS2>
If CJ hits a fence with a motorbike, and he ejects from the bike and lands into the sea, he may land on the surface of the water as if it were solid ground. Then, after he does the "Getting Up" animation, he may suddenly drop down and appear on the sea floor.
Get any amphibious aircraft (Sea Sparrow, Skimmer, Leviathan), and fly out into relatively shallow water. (Don't go very far out to sea, because the sea floor that is past the game boundaries is unsolid.) Land in the water, and have the player in the passenger side get out and hijack the driver. The driver will fall out, and suddenly appear underwater on the ocean floor, and he will be able to walk around without a breath meter.
In 2-player mode, get into a boat and press L1 for the two players to "Kiss". During the Kissing cutscene, one of the players will be invisible. After the cutscene ends, one of the players will be at the bottom of the ocean. This glitch is only possible on the PS2 version.
Get a car enable the flying car cheat and go underwater the car suddenly will be walk underwater but the breath meter still appear so the player must use the infinite lung capacity cheat. (sometimes won't work)
Mountain Bike Glitch
Obtain a Mountain Bike and, while you are on it, hold down Square and tap X very quickly. If done correctly, CJ's body will shimmer and distort out of proportion. This glitch appears to be possible only on the PS2.
Police Vehicles Glitch
Sometimes, after a flight between cities, police vehicles from the starting point would still spawn on your destination. For instance, when flying from Los Santos to San Fierro, upon arriving in San Fierro, there would still be LSPD cruisers driving around.
3rd Person Train Glitch
Main Article: Freight
It is possible to drive a train in 3rd person on GTA San Andreas. Click the article to find out more.
Note: To activate this glitch you have to unlock all areas of San Andreas.
Take a random flight from a city to another city. When the plane cutscene is going on, enter the 'All cars go boom' cheat. You will be wasted, and when you respawn at a hospital you can see that the view is in cutscene mode and the health bar, money bar and map will disappear. Even saving is impossible to deactivate this glitch. To do it, hitch a flight from the airport to another location and let the whole plane cutscene end. You will see that the view has come back to normal. (It may be hard to a player who is not familiar with the area to go to the airport without the map).
Invincible Pedestrian Glitches
Carjack a vehicle with a passenger in it, keep the speed up so the passenger doesn't get out and run away. Drive down a beach and into the water, the car will stop and begin to sink, letting the passenger get out. However the passenger will be running against the door as the car sinks. If you get on the roof and push the passenger away from the door the passenger will "run" to the shore and begin to run down the beach. Since NPCs are meant to die when they go into water the passenger will have a black targetting reticule and will be "undead"; since the passenger is technically "dead" the passenger will be invulnerable to all forms of damage for a short time until they fall over dead.
Another way to exploit this glitch is to steal a car from a pedestrian, so that the ped will chase you. Drive his vehicle slowly into a Pay N' Spray garage, so that both you and the ped are inside at the same time. When the garage door opens back up after the car gets resprayed, the pedestrian will be invincible and will not die even if their target reticule becomes black. If you try to run over the ped with a vehicle, the ped will go through it and he will shimmer and distort out of proportion.
Shoot random objects near a garage (i.e Doherty Garage), wait until a car hit to the garage vehicles or the wall, then push it before he/she go backwards except if the garage is still empty, then go away from the garage. The driver will disappear. This can work to garage that besides the street except Prickle Pine Safehouse & CJ's House.
If a police helicopter is chasing you, kissing your girlfriend or the other player in 2-players mode will cause the helicopter to go away.
- Ammunation Glitch
- Andromada Glitch
- Headless CJ Glitch
- Madd Dogg Gym Glitch
- Mountain Bike Glitch
- Tear Gas Glitch
- Territory Glitch
- Chiliad Challenge Glitch
- Las Venturas TransFender Glitch
- Blue Hell
- Parachute Glitch
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
No Bike Sound Glitch
Steal a bike from an NPC, and make sure its radio is on. Immediately after you steal it, press and hold the accelerate button, and there will be no sound coming from the bike, even though it is accelerating. You will only be able to hear the radio. Stop the bike to an idle, and the engine will be audible
Melting Vehicle Glitch
Steal a car near the Harwood Car Crusher, and then drive under the crane. Make sure the driver followed you there. If timed right, the driver will steal back his car just as the crane starts picking up the vehicle. The car will then start shuddering and distorting while it is being lifted up. It will then suddenly appear below the crane, stuck halfway submerged into the ground. Also, the car may appear back on the ground and drive away, but it will be unsolid.
This glitch makes the vehicle damage-proof.
Wear the avenging angel fatigues and take a vehicle (which you want to make damage-proof) and start the mission. Make sure that the Avenging Angel sits besides you on the front seat. Now take the car to the crusher and park it just aside the crusher in such a way that the driver's seat is on the side of the crusher blocking the door. Get out of the vehicle and again get back in. The player will kick the Avenging Angel out of the car and the crane will lift the vehicle to some height but will drop it as the player get inside the vehicle. Now your vehicle can go through vehicles and other objects. Now you may cancel the Avenging Angels Mission. Go and leave the vehicle in the Portland garage (Note: Do not get out of the vehicle before reaching the garage. Empty the garage before performing the glitch) and come out. Now the vehicle has become damage-proof. (Tested on PSP with Patriot and Hellenbach GT)
You can also watch this video if there is any confusion.
Enable Traffic At Francis International Airport
This is a pretty cool glitch which makes the airport not as lonely. Go to Wichita Gardens and begin the AWOL Angel mission. Kill your driver failing the mission. Go back to the airport and now cars will be driving into the actual airport tarmac and break the red bar gates. (Only tested on PSP)
Motorcycle Glitch at Internet Cafe
This glitch is fairly rare and it requires the Sanchrez Cheat. To attempt it, go to the Tw@ internet cafe in northern Algonquin and if in a vehicle, get out of your vehicle near the door. Then, use the Sanchrez cheat and it should be inside (however, it might take a few times for it to appear). Get on the motorcycle inside the Tw@ internet cafe and now the pedestrians and even the player will be invisible. (Tested only on PS3). A Video of it can be found here (Ctrl/Cmd=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6XqqxA7B5c)
Get Into Unfinished Porter Tunnel Glitch
On the small roof of the parking lot in front of the hospital, there is an unsolid area on the wall near the white main building. If the player manages to get there (a way can be found in here) and drive through the wall, the player will fall into Blue Hell and respawn in the unfinished section of Porter Tunnel (the same that were used in the mission Bringing The House Down). Notice that only the tunnel section of the mission can be explored, because there are only Blue Hell at the subway tunnel entrance. For a full description, see this video.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Squashed Bike Glitch
Drive a VCPD Wintergreen to the stadium and buy access to the Phil Collins Concert. Exit or watch the concert. When you come out, there is a 75% chance the bike will be squashed. You can still mount the bike but it will revert to normal if you manage to.
Turn off-and on Glitch
Have a 2-star wanted level or more, then fly a little low in an area where the cops are chasing you. The police will take you off the helicopter even though you're flying.
Invisible Biker Glitch
Sometimes if a battle with the Bikers is going on in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, shoot them with an Assault Rifle while they're driving fast, and it'll show the Angel doing the donuts with no driver.
Invisible Vic on Bike
Get a bike, turn the camera into the outside dashboard camera. Try to look left and right, Vic will be invisible while riding the bike. If you have a sub-machine gun, the sub-machine gun is invisible and if shot at the front, it looks like a free aim.
Car Glitches (tested on PSP)Sometimes cars appear where they are not supposed to. For example: at the bottom of a bridge, half in a building.
Building entry glitch
Sometimes when you charge against a building without windows or doors in a car, you will end up in the building, but since the building was never designed to be entered, it is empty inside.
No traffic glitch (encountered on PS2)
After the eastern island is unlocked, if you play for a while without saving, in particular completing numerous Civil Asset Forfeiture Impound drop-offs in a row, you may encounter a scenario where no traffic (or, at least, very little traffic spawns). This does not effect pedestrian spawning, or the spawning of parked vehicles. There are some benefits to this glitch: less traffic to collide with when driving an Impound vehicle, and even up to a 6-star Wanted Level very few police or military vehicles spawn.
Teleport Glitch (tested on PS2)Head to the eastern side of Escobar International, you will find a sand pile with a few cement pipes. Jump on the end of the pipe facing east, and it will teleport the player to the golf course on the first island.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- On the mission No. 1, go to the race start, but not on the yellow arrow that starts the race. Instead, do not pause but leave your game on for until at least one in-game day then, all other competition will be gone. Brucie is still with you, so go to the yellow arrow and start the race. You will notice that you are in 1st place the entire time. So all you have to do is to complete the race (this may work in the Xbox 360 version only).
- After a mission ends in which an enemy was shot or blown into water (such as the missions Tunnel of Death or Uncle Vlad), the body of that particular enemy will not be shown in the water, even if the cut-scene ended with the player only a few feet away from the sea.
- If the player falls into a gap (i.e. between two cars or between a car and a dumpster), Niko Bellic will suffer minimal damage even when falling from a height that will normally kill him.
- At the beginning of a date with any Girlfriends while in any vehicle, wait for her to get tired and fire a weapon to end the date. The vehicle the player is currently in will become fire (excluding the tires), bullet, explosion and damage-proof.
- Bringing up the camera option on the Phone while driving in a car or on a bike will instantly stop the car or bike no matter what the speed the vehicle was going, however this has been fixed in the PC Version.
- In the subway tunnels, it is possible to be forced through the wall and into Blue Hell. If the player is riding a motorbike and is trapped between the wall and a moving train, he can be forced through and off the bike. The player could also use a large vehicle (such as the Bus) and get shoved by two subways going in opposite directions to get forced into Blue Hell. All that occurs is falling for a brief few seconds before respawning on the ground above.
- Occasionally, when the player is using the Subway in GTA IV the player can encounter a glitch where they are stuck to their seat. This is caused by an unknown error where the player presses the button to leave the train, and the game cuts to the trains interior camera, but Niko doesn't get up. The train then doesn't leave the station, and all controls then do not work. The player then has to restart the game. This glitch has so far only been confirmed at Suffolk, Frankfort Ave and Easton (K/C).
- In the online multiplayer mode "Bomb Da Base II" players have reported a bug/glitch, that occurs at a certain point in the mission. The screen will go black and then start loading, the player will be loaded back to single player. This only occured on the PS3 version. This bug was later fixed in a patch released by Rockstar.
- In Francis International Airport in Free Mode, if the player drives a truck up one of the ramps in the Airport it is possible to make the truck fall on its side and start spinning in circles, this is not only visible to the player, but also other players. This occurs on big vehicles with the capibility of staying on their side, and can also occur in normal gameplay. (Except you will earn a 4-star wanted level for entering the runway.)
- If the player gets out of a vehicle parked on the entrance gates leading to Francis International Airport's cargo yard (with stop signs on them), the gates will go back down and cause the vehicle to disappear. This also occurs on other gates in the game.
- If a vehicle's engine doesn't start, it will start if someone calls the player on the cellphone, more conveniently, if the player calls someone else. Also it'll start if the player activates Health and Weapon cheat.
- On multiplayer mode, if a vehicle's engine doesn't start, it will restart by kicking the front of the vehicle.
- When doing the extra missions for Roman, if you pull up with stuff (news paper boxes, dumpsters etc.) beside your car, the fair will walk into that stuff and you will be stuck. This has been tested on Xbox 360, and you will have to restart from last save.
- Sometimes when driving by the gas station in Westdyke, there are two vehicles parked in the parking lot, one of which could be parked with its engine running, doors locked, and the hazard lights on, which cannot be turned off by the player.
- A player can lose a 5 or 6 star wanted level by entering Francis International Airport in any vehicle. The wanted level will revert back to a 4 star.
- Sometimes the player may become stuck in a loop when trying to buy food at Burger Shot, Cluckin' Bell or any other restaurant or food vendor - he then just stands in front of the vendor doing nothing. There are two ways to get out of this loop, one is to reload the game, or just go into the pause menu for at least ten seconds and then he should momentarily continue. This is the same with any of the Hotdog stands, with the only difference, that the player walks in a circle all the time. If you are lucky and wait long enough, the animation might stop and the player gets the food at last. You can avoid this by walking to the exact front of the vendor and by making sure that Niko is standing still. Do not try to buy food from vendors when you are somewhat far away from the counter/stand. This way, cars and objects might block Niko, triggering this glitch.
- If you spawn a car using cheats while looking over the edge of an overpass, the car may float in the air. If you shoot it, it won't become damaged, but it will fall down. Alternatively, if you spawn one while standing just before the entrance of the Booth Tunnel, the car may become stuck in the top of the tunnel. Again the player may shoot it to get it down.
- Occasionally a 'rock car' spawns in the game (sometimes in multiplayer). This vehicle looks like any normal NPC while in motion until hit, however the vehicle does not move from its line of travel, creating tremendous forces against both vehicles, leaving little cushion since the reaction is close of driving the vehicle directly into a wall. The impact usually kills the NPC and creates high to extreme damage to the player's car. (Damage to engine, suspension, etc.) Damage may be lessened on the NPC's car, but not as much. Other possiblities besides vehicle damage is ejection of the player through windscreen and NPC's vehicle combusting internally.
- On Xbox 360, if you kick somebody using the X button while they are using a computer in TW@, their health will be completely drained or almost drained. This usually doesn't work if the NPC is sitting at a chair with no computer.
- Shop doors can be glitched by driving a car into them. It will cause them to vibrate and distort.
- Rarely, when a big-wheeled vehicle is sideways, it can be driven around. If turned sharply, it will go back into the normal state.
- In the Francis International Airport, it is possible to enter the airport building (the building before the runway) by jumping into pillars next to one of the entrances to the Airport. The building will have no interior, as it isn't supposed to be reached.
- There is a glitch to alter the cars' top speed and acceleration. Pop all the tires of a car. This will decrease the car's acceleration, but increase the top speed. This can make some super cars go faster than the Police Stinger with wheels.
- There's a rare glitch that occures when carjacking or shooting a weapon (even at police) without earning a wanted level without the use of cheats. This involves by using a phone. However this glitch may revert to normal when you died. (tested on PC version).
- If Niko is on top of a moving vehicle, and the vehicle drives down a slope, Niko will suddenly flinch and fall over. However, on very rare occasions, Niko can be catapulted a few feet into the air.
- Occasionaly, when the player is driving a car in Bohan, all or most of the other cars that spawn in both parked and moving positions will be the same model as the car being driven.
- Sometimes when the player invites a prositute into their car, if they drive and then jump out with the prositute still inside, they will actually drive off with your car, if you catch up to them you will find that there is a man in the driver seat, and the prositute cannot be seen, strangely.
- There is a rare chance that a pedestrian will spawn lying on the ground, and will converse with other peds(for example, talking about day, hitting on/responding to being hit on) The glitch will be fixed if the player comes in contact in any way with the pedestrian.
- Only possible in TBoGT:
- When in a car, boat, or on a motorcycle, and equipped with either an SMG or Micro-SMG, switch the drive-by weapon to the SMG. Activate the "Advanced Weapons" cheat, and your SMG will be replaced with an Assault SMG, which can't normally be used in drive-by mode. When firing the Assault SMG, Luis's body will become extremely deformed due to there not being a proper animation for firing this weapon from a vehicle. On the PC version, this is also possible without using cheats by scrolling down with the mouse wheel. If you try to scroll up, only the pistol and explosive slots will be available.
- In TBoGT, it is possible to have an invisible helicopter by slamming it on the glitched swing, the helicopter itself will be invisible, only Luis can be seen. Note that it is much easier to do it with the Buzzard (confirmed on PS3).
- If you run your helicopter into the Rotterdam Tower above the second ledge on any side, the helicopter and your player will go into Blue Hell for a few seconds, then spawn either above the Rotterdam Tower or above the Firefly Projects.
- Sometimes, after finishing the second mission for Sara, the package you picked up will be in your hand, along with your weapon. You can change weapons normally but you cannot shoot, and aiming is glitched. This can be fixed if the player dies or gets arrested.
- You can glitch your way into hidden interiors by activating a bike glitch such that the bike ends up halfway into the interior or inside the interior. When pressing vehicle enter button, the player will be forced into the interior. This method can cause you to spawn in places not accecible in normal circumstances (note however that certain places like Mikhail Faustin's house may not have an actual interior and you and your bike will glitch and you may fall into blue hell, of which you must swim your way to the nearest coast).
- It is possible to glitch into Goldberg's office area by going outside and to the side of the building to where you can still see inside. Use a cheat for the Turismo and use it until the Turismo is positioned between the inside of the hallway leading to his office and the waiting area. And keep trying to get into the car when you can see the car still, and you can glitch inside.
- On PC, there is a glitch where when starting a new game, Luis' Apartment's television will be broken, as if has been shot. This can be fixed by watching TV, as after that the TV will remain normal.
Grand Theft Auto V
- In a pre-release screenshot of a certain beach in GTA V, there appears to be a small red, green and blue object floating in mid-air next to a house. If inspected closely, the object appears to be a 3-dimensional coordinate plane indicator, marking the direction of x, y, and z. This object is normally used during the designing phase of the videogame. It is likely that this was just a designer oversight while the screenshot was being made.
Multiple Grand Theft Auto Games
Disappearing Vehicle Glitch
The Disappearing Vehicle glitch is prevalent in all of the GTA III era games and occasional in GTA IV. If the player parks a car near any mission marker, and then walks into the marker to trigger the mission cutscene and starts the mission, there is a high chance that the vehicle he parked will have disappeared after the cutscene. This glitch occurs when the mission cutscene somehow interferes with the space taken up by the parked vehicle, so the game gets rid of the vehicle altogether. This glitch occurs occasionally in GTA III and GTA San Andreas, but it is very frequent in GTA Vice City, GTA Vice City Stories, and GTA Liberty City Stories, where the vehicles the player takes to mission markers almost always disappear after the cutscene. GTA IV has a system implemented into it, where, instead of "getting rid" of the vehicle, the game just moves it somewhere else, like across the street or a few yards away from where the player left it, so it does not interfere with the cutscene. Occasionally in GTA LCS, the player may park a car somewhere and do something else (a mission for example), and the car won't despawn like normal; it will take a very long time do disappear. This only seems to happen on Staunton Island and was tested in the PSP version.
Car Spawn Glitch
In all of the 3-D Grand Theft Auto games, there is a specific glitch that occurs. It happens when the player is driving at a normal speed in any car on any road, and then he looks behind him by pressing the "Look Back" button. When the button is released, and the camera returns to look forward, there will be several cars driving on the road in front of him that weren't there before the player initially looked back, and also de-spawning cars which were actually coming towards the player before (e.g. in the other lane). This happens presumably because the game engine is designed to spawn cars wherever the camera isn't looking. If the player looks back, the game will spawn cars in front of him.