- "For the man who has everything."
- ―Description from the TBoGT website
The Gold SMG is a new weapon in The Ballad of Gay Tony. It appears as a gold-plated standard length IMI Uzi submachine gun with the folding stock removed. Yusuf Amir has a Gold SMG and it seems to be his primary weapon.
It has the same stopping power, accuracy and quite similar firing sound as the Micro Uzi, and is, basically, a full-length replacement. However, the rate of fire is different, as it fires much faster than the Micro Uzi (in reality the full sized Uzi has a slower rate of fire). It has a 30-round magazine, as opposed to the Micro-Uzi's fifty round magazine. Also, the reload is somewhat longer.
A common misconception that the gold plating makes the gun heavier but in reality gold plating would just coat the gun with a thin layer of gold. Because it is much bigger than the Micro-SMG, Luis and the multiplayer character hold it with two hands, firing from the chest area. This gun, while being similar to the Micro-SMG from GTA IV and TLAD, has such an astounding rate of fire that it is the best gun in the game for drive bys and is not bad for ground warfare. The only flaw of the gun is its poor accuracy sacrificed for the rate of fire and damage, but it is still a very good weapon.
A major advantage to this compaired to other SMGs/UZIs is that the little recoil can allow you to shoot accurately for a long time.
- After completing Yusuf Amir's final mission, he will award you with his car and the Uzi in the glove compartment but after the first time you obtain it this way, you can't obtain it this way ever again.
- Completing the story will automatically give you a Gold SMG if you do not already have one.
- Completing the story will unlock the Gold Uzi in Armando's Gun Van, costing $5000 and $60 for each mag.
- Finish 50 Drug Wars to unlock the Gold Uzi in Luis' apartment on his table (spawns only after completing the game).
- A similiar gun was meant to reappear in GTA San Andreas, but instead it was a golden variant of the short Uzi.
- Originally there was possibly meant to be a regular variant of the weapon, as seen on Angus Martins artwork, however it isn't part of the GTA IV trinity.