Grand Theft Auto: Los Santos Stories (also referred to as GTA Los Santos Stories, Los City and GTA LSS), is the last game in the 3d Universe.Although it was released 5 years after Grand Theft Auto III, it was set 10 years later.
GTA Los Santos is set in Los Santos, San Andreas, (USA) in 2011, and concerns the exploits of protagonist Ricardo Umberto as he rises to become Los Santos's major criminal power. The game's events follow on from GTA IV and Episodes From Liberty City.
Designed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games, it debuted in North America on October 27, 2006 for PlayStation 2 . Years Later, GTA Los Santos saw releases in Europe, Australia and Japan, and became available on PC. Later, Rockstar Vienna packaged the game with its predecessor, GTA VCS, and sold it as the Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack for Playstation 2.
It uses a tweaked version of the game engine used by GTA LCS and VCS, and similarly presents a huge cityscape, fully populated with buildings (from hotels to skyscrapers), vehicles (cars, motorcycles, boats, helicopters, jets, jetpacks and planes) and people.
In 1997, Ricardo Umberto blocks a convoy with race cars and is crushed, and arrested. In 2002, he gets out of jail, only to find his way back in after bombing a police facility. Finally released again in 2011, he decides to move from Liberty City to Los Santos, due to a lack of anything in Liberty City. Upon entering Los Santos, while receiving his house card from the Real Estate Man, Herald Johnson, his car with the money and briefcases is stolen by a Cuban. Upon this incident, he calls an old friend, Ken Hefferson, about the incident. Ken tries to keep Ricardo under the line to avoid death from the angry real estate man, but during a failed attempt to kill Herald, Ken is shot dead by Herald's guards. Upon that, life is going rough. After more jobs, and purchasing Strip Clubs, Bars, Resturant, Bowling Alleys, and Even Football stadiums, he takes over Los Santos and buys a mansion. Unfortunantely, Ricardo forgot about Herald's anger, and he raids the mansion. During the fight, Ricardo attempts to fight hard, but eventually, the mansion is bombed when an explosive barrel on the roof explodes, the battle now takes on in the burning remains. When Herald is finally killed, Ricardo looks into the burning house, and the game ends.
- Ricardo Umberto, a mexican man who moves from Liberty City to Los Santos. Main Protagonist.
- Herald Johnson, a middle aged, real estate man. Due to his anger for Ricardo losing his money and not being able to pay, Herald is the main antagonist.
- Ken Hefferson, a young, kind friend of Ricardo since his 1997 arrest. He helps to try blow over the incident. Ken is killed when he is shot dead by Herald's Guards.
- Candy Suxx, strip club owner
- Kent Paul, Solitare club manager
- Jeff King, Grease-Dripping-Burger manager
- Jessica Nickerson, bowling alley manager
- Tim Nadden, an obvious tribute to John Madden, the football stadium owner.