Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Title Update 1.01
The first title update, released on October 1, 2013, fixes some issues found in single player. This update also enables access to GTA Online.
- Access to GTA Online enabled
- Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay
- Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked
- Fix for issues where the character’s money could drop below zero and become stuck there
- Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars
- Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector’s Edition owners
- Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades
- Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes
Title Update 1.02
The second title update was released on October 4, 2013, a few days after the first one. This update patches some issues found by the community in GTA Online and some tweaks improving overall stability. Most of the issues were due to its buggy launch, anticipated by Rockstar Games, themselves.
- Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
- Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
- Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
- Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
- Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
- Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
- Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
- Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
- Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
- Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
Title Update 1.03
The third title update, released on October 9, 2013, fixes some issues regarding from character deletion to infinite load times.
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
Title Update 1.04
Released on October 18, 2013, this title update patches issues happening with the lost of vehicle, their mods, and duplication glitches. This update also fixes some invite issues, in which players were not receiving by their friends or crews and some changes with the UI and character creation.
- Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
- Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
- Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
- Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
- Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
- Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
- Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
- Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
- Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
- Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
- Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
- Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode
Title Update 1.05
The fifth title update was released on November 5th, 2013. Not much updates and patches were released, only increased measures were implemented to insure users keeping their progress, money, and vehicles during a Rockstar Cloud outage. It also released the GTA$ Stimulus Package, which granted every user 500,000 GTA$ only for those who played during the month of October.
- Built in measures to prevent users from losing their progress when there is a cloud outage
- Built in a number of measures to protect players’ cash balances even if there are network problems
- Fixed an issue where on rare occasions during network problems the player could lose their Online vehicle or mods after exiting GTA Online
Title Update 1.06
The sixth title update was released on November 20, 2013. This update was highly anticipated by fans, as it included the Beach Bum Pack, a free DLC for singleplayer and online which includes four new vehicles, two new weapons, 30 new beach-themed jobs, and access to Rockstar's first multiplayer event for GTA Online, the Vespucci Beach Party. The update fixes primarily vehicle losses and certain exploits. This patch also features Dynamic Tuning, which made some significant changes in the gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the mission 'Damaged Goods' would start even though it had previously been completed.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn't claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction. (NOTE: This refers to colors being listed by number rather than name. This circumstance was able to be done by anyone and was certianly not rare)
- Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
- Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.
- Dynamic Tuning
- The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
- Players will no longer receive a Bad Sport penalty when they are in a non-moving tank and other players crash a vehicle into them.
- The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete.
- Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.
- Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).
- In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.
- Removed some instances of debris in specific Races, including the cardboard from the 'Down the Drain' Race.
- Deliveries from Pegasus have been reduced from $1,000 to $200.
- The cost of removing a wanted level by calling Lester has now been scaled based on the amount of stars you have - at a cost of $200 per star.
- Restricted cars and vehicles that have been added to player garages through exploits have been removed. This includes tanks, helicopters and police vehicles.
- The following vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website in-game: BF Dune Buggy, Canis Bodhi, Karin Rebel, Maibatsu Sanchez 2, Vapid Sadler, Vapid Sandking SWB.
- To eliminate any remaining vehicle loss issues, an additional automatic cloud save will occur when purchasing a vehicle or vehicle modification.
Title Update 1.07
This title update was released on December 10th, 2013. This patch adds and changes some features in GTA Online, corrects some exploits and fixes some issues with weapons in Deathmatches and Races. This update also enables beta access to the Content Creator, a mode which allows you to customize your own races and deathmatches. Just like patch 1.06, this one caused controversy, as it removed the Rat-Loader, and certain models of the Tornado and the Rebel.
- Players are now able to sell vehicles that they have purchased from websites.
- Players are now able to run in apartments and garages.
- Reward for being a good sport has been increased from $1,000 to $2,000
- Fixed an issue where a character’s tattoos would disappear when encountering cutscenes.
- Corrected an issue where players could make their vehicles and passengers invisible.
- Sticky Bombs can no longer be thrown during the countdown for the starts of GTA Races.
- Resolved issues where players were having problems accessing their accounts.
- Corrected issues with Bounties.
- Fixed an issue where Grenades could be filled up to maximum during UGC GTA Races.
- Team Balancing has been improved, friends and Crew members are now grouped together and Rank is taken into consideration.
- Fixed an issue where if a player has banked all of their cash, they were only charged minimal amounts for dying.
- The Karin Futo can now be recovered normally after being impounded.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to clone Tanks.
- Respawning has been improved to reduce the chance of repeatedly spawning in the same location.
- Cash rewards have been adjusted in Races, Deathmatches, and Parachuting to allow increases in pay-outs.
- There is now a 25% RP bonus at the end of Deathmatches, Missions, LTS, Survival, player kills, and AI kills when playing in Free Aim. This gives extra credit for completing actions with more skill.
- Until a Race has been verified, players cannot earn RP in UGC Races.
- Reduced the chance of being noticed by the Cops in stolen vehicles.
- Impromptu Races can no longer be launched when in certain jobs.
- Holdup Shopkeepers now have access to Ammu-Nation. You have been warned.
- Due to changes in Deathmatches (Weapon Locking), some objectives will no longer appear in this specific type of match.
- Weapon rewards (e.g. Shotgun in cop car) are blocked during weapon locked Deathmatches.
- During Weapon Locked Deathmatches, Ammo Drops will not contain Molotovs.
- Players who do not participate during Survivals can now be flagged as such by other players in the group and removed from the Survival.
- New awards added for the Creators.
- Players are given 1RP for every ‘like’ they receive for their creations in the Creators.
- Leaderboard functionality has been removed for any non-Rockstar content, i.e. no access to Social Club leaderboards in corona/end of mission, no best laps/personal bests, matched Crew for Head to Head etcetera.
- Passive Mode is now free ($0) to allow players more options when playing with friends.
Title Update 1.08
Released on December 17, 2013, this title update increases payouts in certain matches and missions for losing teams or ones with more players, fixes for player bounties, adding new features, and patches the popular North Yankton glitch. It also fixes Bad Sport timers, which were a problem reported by many players. Also, this update debuts two new modes: Capture, turn-based game modes which requires you to capture bags or vehicles and take them back to your base and Crew Head-to-Head (in BETA status), in which you can assemble your crew and take them to battle other crews.
- Increased cash payouts for losing teams in Last Team standing and Team Deathmatch.
- Increased cash payouts for Races, Deathmatches, and Last Team Standing, especially in games with 8 or more players
- Players in passive mode now take reduced damage from vehicle collisions.
- Increased the cash and RP rewards for Races with multiple laps.
- Cash payouts for Parachuting now take points scored into account.
- Improved spawning for Deathmatches where the spawn points were previously very far apart.
- Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian in the Creator.
- Calling the mechanic now shows you if a vehicle on the list is destroyed or impounded.
- Team balancing does a better job of putting friends and crew members together.
- BETA Crew Head to Head matches are now available to play. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you'll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. From there, go into My Playlists and you'll see a prompt for Head to Head (BETA). This will launch the lobby and you'll be able to invite other players from your Crew, Friend's Crews or Skill Matched Crews.
- Player blips no longer remain red on Missions when the player has a Bounty.
- Players who end a Race as DNF are now awarded cash relevant to the amount of checkpoints they passed through during the course of the Race.
- Players who race solo now earn cash. Previously, zero cash was awarded for a solo race.
- Last Team Standing, Capture and Missions are separated out in the Create Playlist menu.
- Small deduction to the amount of cash the winners of Races, Parachuting and Last Team Standing matches receive in order to increase payouts for all other participants.
- Masks are now removed during Races where a helmet is required and are also removed by default when a player uses the Smoking animation.
- The Purchase All Ammo option now charges the full value of filling all player held weapons with ammo.
- Fixes an issue where GTA Online players could reach North Yankton.
- Fixes a rare issue where characters could be lost if the player attempted to join GTA Online when disconnected from the Network.
- Fixes for various duplicate vehicle exploits.
- Fixes issues when using the Character Select from inside the Creator.
- Fixes issues with ammo vanishing after testing a Deathmatch in the Creator.
- Fixes exploits of the Fastest Lap bonus.
- Glasses from the Beach Bum update now appear in the inventory menu.
- Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.
- Bad Sport timers now read properly and show the correct time left in the Bad Sport lobby instead of “00d00h00m”.
- Grand Theft Auto V/Title Update Notes - 2014
- Grand Theft Auto V/Title Update Notes - 2015
- Grand Theft Auto V/Title Update Notes - 2016