Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- CJ: "So, you got a plan?"
- Sweet: "Yeah I got a plan. We're gonna roll into Ballas hood and take it back for the Grove."
- ―Sweet and Carl Johnson prepare to take back Idlewood from the Ballas
Grove 4 Life is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, given to protagonist Carl Johnson by his brother and Grove Street Families leader Sweet from his home in the Grove Street cul-de-sac in the Ganton district of Los Santos, San Andreas.
Sweet is giving a group of Grove Street gang members a morale boosting talk when Carl enters. Sweet is glad to see him and wants to let the other gangs know that the Grove Street Families are back. Carl is unsure, wanting to focus on his other commitments first. Sweet asks the group to step outside and berates Carl for leaving the job half done and forgetting his priorities. Carl tries to argue with him, saying that the world doesn't begin and end in Grove Street but Sweet will not agree. Carl gives up and the Johnson Brothers set out to put Grove Street back on the map.
The brothers head over to the Idlewood area, another Ballas' turf and start a gang war. Once the turf has been taken over, they head to another turf. Carl and Sweet start another gang war, and claim the territory again. Carl and Sweet then drive back to Grove Street where Sweet goes to get some sleep. With the expansion of their turf the Families are asserting themselves as a force to be reckoned with in Los Santos.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and take back Idlewood
- Take over another Idlewood hood
- Drive Sweet back to Grove Street
- When the mission begins, the player can leave Sweet in Grove Street and continue the mission as normal. Despite the game prompting the player to return to Sweet, the mission will not fail, though his voice can still be heard. This can make passing the mission easier as Sweet is very vulnerable to gunfire.
- Gang members can be recruited (though they can only withstand damage for a short length of time before being killed). A large vehicle such as a Coach is recommended as it can accommodate seven people.
- A Minigun is recommended for this mission. The player can obtain a minigun from Mike Toreno's Ranch and repeatedly save the game to stock up on ammunition.
- Molotov Cocktails can also be used as they can eliminate a large number of enemy gang members, though the player is placed closer to the firing range and must ensure they are not caught up in the explosion (though completing the Firefighter side mission will make Carl fireproof).
- Similarly to Los Desperados, if the player has already taken all of the gang territory in Los Santos, four territories will come under control of the Ballas again and the player will need to retake the remaining two territories. However, as with the previous mission, the difficulty level of these gang wars is increased, with the Ballas armed with more powerful weapons.
- In the first cutscene, the same crack whore who appeared on the previous mission can be seen.