The Habanero appears to be based primarily off of the 2004-2009 Lexus RX (a rebadge of the Japanese Toyota Harrier), but it is slightly bulkier, resembling the Toyota Venza. The Habanero doesn't do well off road due to its low ground clearance, and is more sport-oriented and features a slightly porky curb weight (for a small SUV). However, the Habanero is good for cruising around Liberty City. It may have the taillights reasembling 2005-2007 Mitsubishi Outlander's taillights.
PerformanceThe Habanero is powered by a numb-feeling V6, paired to a 5 speed gearbox in an AWD configuration. Borrowing it's specifications from the Lexus RX, the Habanero focuses more on stability and luxury rather than performance, leaving acceleration below average, with a decent top speed of 136 mph (218 km/h). Braking is below average, due in part to constant front wheel lockup. ABS is strangely uncommon on most models. Handling at speed is fair, though the suspension does not perform as well as what would be expected. At slow speeds, it's far too soft leading to body roll, while at high speeds it's far too firm and unforgiving.
Crash deformation is below average and build quality is sub-par, often leading to catastrophic failure after only a few accidents. In the frontal offset, there's a average chance of windshield ejection. On the side crash, the gas tank was protected, but the occupants don't fare as well. In the rear end crash the occupants face a good amount of injury. In emergency situations the bulky SUV tends to reach it's limits early and went through our emergency course at a less than commendable speed.
The Habanero seems to be best suited for long-distance cruising between islands, or as a last resort mode of transportation.
- A Habanero is a type of chili, in fact, the name might be inspired by the Porsche Cayenne , also a crossover SUV, since it is also a type of chili pepper.
- In GTA IV, the three default radio stations in the Habanero are The Classics 104.1 , Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 and Fusion FM.
- In the Episodes from Liberty City, the two default radio stations in the Habanero are Vice City FM and Self-Actualization FM.
- In GTA IV, if the boot of the Habanero falls off, the rear lights will still work regardless. This is most likely a glitch.
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Can be mostly seen in Algonquin and Alderney.
- There is a Habanero that usually spawns on Munsee Avenue.
Grand Theft Auto V