- "Very funny. Maybe if being a drunkard doesn't work out then you can be a comedian."
- ―Niko Bellic
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the harbor warehouse
- Follow Packie
- Climb down the minicabin to get to the ground
- Steal the truck
- Go to the lockup
Packie tells Niko that there is business out at the docks in Algonquin to take care of. Some illegal meds are being smuggled into the country from the east by the Algonquin Triads, and he wants to steal the truckload of drugs while it's being moved. He says that a man named Ray Boccino asked him to steal the meds and deliver them to his lock up in Westminster, although he doesn't trust him, he decides that it's worth the money.
Drive Packie to the docks. Once you arrive, follow Packie. He'll run around to the back of a harbor warehouse overlooking the Triad deal. The game will introduce you to climbing and shimmying as you and Packie scale the warehouse to access the roof. When you reach the top, and a cutscene will start, showing a boat pull up with the meds, which starts to get loaded into a Yankee truck. Packie will then instruct Niko to climb down the small mini-cabin on the side of the building next to the river and start shooting the Triads. Climb down, and slowly sneak behind the large warehouse boxes. Start firing on the Triads and Packie will give you support from the roof with the assault rifle. Packie will draw some of their attention, but they will still shoot at you. When everyone outside has been killed (including the guy on the boat), the thugs inside the warehouse with the truck will start shooting, too. Be careful not to destroy the truck. There will be a health pickup in the office in the warehouse.
After everyone is dead, enter the truck with the meds and wait for Packie. Packie will follow Niko into the truck, and instruct Niko to drive the truck to a lockup in Westminster. Start driving to the lockup, but some Triads in cars will start following and shooting you. Niko will find some grenades in the truck, and you can drop them out the window to blow up the cars (Be careful; the truck is slow and it might not clear the blast radius if you "cook" the grenade too long). No matter what you do, get to the lockup.
If you cannot get there without the engine catching fire and the truck blowing up here's what you do: as soon as you realize the Triads are behind you and shooting pull over, get out, take cover behind the truck and shoot them, then continue to the lockup.
Niko will park the truck in the lockup and the pair will exit the truck. Ray will pull up and pick up Packie to talk. He will also take Niko's number for more work.
Liberty Tree Newspaper
"The bodies of several men have been found at the docks in Fishmarket South. Authorities believe they may have been members of a "triad" street gang smuggling contraband into Liberty City. Last year's prosecution of several members of the Dockworker's Union led to allegations of widespread corruption amongst the stevedores. A spokesperson for the National Office of Security Enforcement stated that the docks in Liberty City are the gateway through which the majority of drugs, sex slaves and counterfeit goods come into the United States, "It is only a matter of time before a terrorist smuggles a nuclear weapon through our docks. If the union do not clean their act up and agree to serious salary cuts and concessions, this is a very real danger.""
"City Councilor Doris Fung, long accused of having links with several Chinatown gangs made a statement to the press, "Those who died on the docks were the victims of this crime, not the perpetrators. We shouldn't be asking who they were working for, why they had weapons or why they were on the docks in the first place. We should be asking who killed these young men." Authorities are searching for two suspects, both white males."
- The player receives 7500$
- The player will get a phone call from Francis.
- The player will receive a text message from Packie about an online news article about the mission.
- In the warehouse with the truck, there is a first aid kit in the office. Niko can also leave the gunfight to restore his health at a food stand.
- Packie asks Niko if he's ever been arrested/went to prison. Niko replies that he hasn't in America. This is strange, as when Niko gets busted, he normally spawns outside a police station. Although this is a gameplay mechanic, and isn't considered "canon" to the story of GTA IV.
- If the player jumps off the roof to get on the ground or get in the truck, Packie will say "I didn't know I was working with a special needs kid", saying that it was dumb to jump when the player could just jump onto the large bin.
- This is the first appearance of Ray Boccino and Kate McReary.
- The Triads in this mission speak Cantonese, suggesting they are from the Canton region of China or Hong Kong.
- When being pursued by the triads, Niko asks Packie if he has "the luck of the irish". This is a reference to an earlier mission Niko did with Packie.
- Unlike other missions, the player can get to the lockup with wanted level, and if the player parks the truck in the garage the mission will simply end as nothing is wrong.
- The color of the truck may vary if the player retries this mission.