|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Assassinate all targets before the time runs out."
- ―Work description.
- "One of our clients needs his relationship with some former associates brought to a quick and final conclusion. We're anticipating resistance and police interference down the line."
- ―SecuroServ text message.
When activated by a VIP, four targets will be marked on the map around San Andreas for them and their organization to kill. Once started, they are marked for all players in the session. The player can earn a maximum of $30,000 depending on how many targets they kill and depending on time spent. The location of the targets is based on the location of the player at the time of activation; if playing in Blaine County, the targets will be much more spread out and only located around Blaine County, while if playing in Los Santos, the targets will be focused around Los Santos County only. Associates in different locations and counties may affect the location of the targets. At some locations, a Baller LE (Armored) and Cognoscenti 55 (Armored) can be found parked near the VIP and bodyguards.
Targets will either be stationary or moving in an armored vehicle. They will be heavily protected with bodyguards, who are equipped with heavy fire-power weaponry and armor. The VIP wears a suit and equips less armor, as well as a handgun. With mobile targets, the driver of the vehicle is the VIP. Three bodyguards are found within the car equipping Micro SMG to shoot the player. The vehicle can be either a Baller LE (Armored) or Cognoscenti 55 (Armored). The vehicles and targets are much more durable than in regular gameplay.
All other players and organizations in the lobby are alerted once headhunter has started and are tasked with protecting the targets marked on the map with blue figures while the enemy organization members are marked with crosshairs. Defenders can work with the target's bodyguards and/or police to defend them (also, they cannot be harmed with friendly fire like explosions). Players will earn cash and RP if they can successfully protect at least one surviving target from the enemy organization once time has run out.
Headhunter Target Locations
|This section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Section stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by expanding it as much as you can.|
Requiring improvement: Remaining locations
In total, there is 39 possible spawn locations for Headhunter Targets across San Andreas. There is a total of 19 possible stationary target spawn locations; 10 for Los Santos County and 9 for Blaine County. There is a total of 20 possible moving target spawn locations, 10 for each county. The set of possible locations is determined by choice on whether or not the player is within the same region, ie, 4 targets within Los Santos County will be chosen if the player is already in Los Santos County. The chosen locations within each county is chosen at random, however.
For each game, there will always be 2 stationary and 2 moving targets. The moving targets will follow a specific route, some much longer than others, until threatened, at which point they will be able to drive freely around the state.
Los Santos County
- Stationary Targets
- Inside the complex of the Von Crastenburg Hotel in Rockford Hills.
- Inside the complex of the Von Crastenburg Hotel on Vinewood Boulevard in Downtown Vinewood.
- Back alley in Mission Row, opposite the Templar Hotel.
- The Secure Unit storage facility/warehouse in La Mesa, behind La Mesa Police Station.
- Warehouse in Cypress Flats.
- Del Perro Pier, Del Perro.
- Fridgit processing unit, La Puerta.
- Mobile Targets
- Circuiting the Terminal area of the Port of Los Santos.
- Driving around East Vinewood.
- Driving around Los Santos International Airport.
- Driving around Downtown Los Santos and Pillbox Hill.
- Stationary Targets
- Paleto Cove
- On a farm in Grapeseed, east of McKenzie Field.
- Inside a train yard/barn north of a power-station in the San Chianski Mountain Range.
- Inside an abandoned motel on the coast of the Alamo Sea, Sandy Shores.
|You have started Headhunter. Assassinate the targets within the time limit to earn cash and RP|
|Your CEO has started Headhunter. Assassinate the targets within the time limit to earn cash and RP.|
|Headhunter has started. Protect the targets from the attacking Organization to earn cash and RP.|
- Killing targets in armed air vehicles is one of the best methods, especially for mobile units. Using a vehicle such as a Savage or Buzzard Attack Chopper makes navigation easier, as well as controlling the vehicle and following any mobile targets. Using the lock-on rockets is advised, since the targets can be locked on to.
- It is advised to take down mobile units by constantly firing missiles and remaining behind the target, stability is key, so that the vehicle is completely destroyed before the bodyguards/VIPs exit the vehicle. Since the vehicles are armored, targets often survive multiple missiles, even when the vehicle is flung into the air, the targets can still escape and flee. Bodyguards will begin to shoot the player while the VIP flees. Approaching the VIP results in him also shooting the player. Taking down the car before they manage to exit it makes killing all members at once easier, and avoids them being able to shoot back.
- Targets on ground level are best taken out on foot or in a land vehicle, as the target is often surrounded by obstacles or walls, where an air vehicle would struggle to pass to kill them. Up to 5 bodyguards will spawn around the site of the VIP, and again will be heavily armed and armored.
- The Kuruma (Armored) or the fully-upgraded Weaponized Tampa are effective vehicles in these situations. Being able to protect the occupants from the targets and allowing them to exterminate the targets.
- All of the armored vehicles driven by targets can have their windows shot out, which can make the targets easier to eliminate. The AP Pistol is recommended.
- As protection, the player is actually able to move stationary targets away from their default spawn position, either by gently pushing them with a vehicle, or using an object to push into them, however, if they fall into rag-doll, they will immediately run back towards their original spawn location.
- This can be used as an advantage by seemingly pushing them into difficult-to-reach locations.
- This is one of the four Organization work that can be completed in a solo or invite only session. Others are Asset Recovery, Sightseer, and Hostile Takeover.
- The vehicles driven by mobile targets can be stolen, but unable to be kept for personnel use.
- Within the files, what appears to be a tenth location appears to be listed within the stationary target coordinates for Blaine County, however because the coordinate lacks a y and z coordinate, it fails to spawn, resulting in only 9 possible stationary targets, and 39 overall locations.
- If the mission is completed fast enough before the previous VIP Work passes 2:30 minutes, the previous VIP work will reduce to about 5 minutes making it efficient for money grinding.