This article is about the car in Liberty City Stories and Chinatown Wars. For the cars featured in GTA 2, Vice City, San Andreas, and IV, see Romero.
The Hearse is a drivable sedan/station wagon-based hearse featured in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. The car is closely related to the Romero's Hearse, also known simply as the Romero.
The design of the Hearse is as expected for a vehicle tailored to transport the deceased, appearing as a black station wagon-like car with a rear compartment designed to carry a coffin.
In GTA Liberty City Stories, the hearse is simply a modified GTA Liberty City Stories Perennial, but features a two-door design that allows the car to only carry the driver and a passenger in front as the rear has been adapted to hold the coffin. In addition, the Hearse in GTA Liberty City Stories may come with a coffin at the back (appearing with one of two different designs).
The performance of the Hearse in GTA Liberty City Stories is similar to the game's Perennial as both cars share the same body construction, thus possessing mediocre-to-average acceleration and top speed but responsive steering and braking.
The GTA Chinatown Wars rendition, however, is improved (being superior even to the GTA IV Romero) with better (but still average) acceleration and top speed, above average cornering, and average braking.
- The Hearse in GTA Chinatown Wars has no door-opening animation if the player enters it.
- This the only Hearse in the GTA III Era not to be called Romero
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Only spawns in a car park behind Carson General Hospital in Rockford, Staunton Island.
- Spawns on the western side of the Liberty City Cathedral in the mission Morgue Party Resurrection.
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- Parked in a car park on the western end of the cemetery in northwestern Steinway. Starts Graveyard Groove.
- It is sold at the Auto Merchant for $300.