|This article needs more images of:|
Firts Person View gallery (reloading)
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "A handgun with enough stopping power to drop a crazed rhino, and heavy enough to beat it to death if you're out of ammo."
- ―Ammu-Nation Description
The Heavy Revolver is a powerful handgun, more so than the Pistol .50, but less than the Marksman Pistol. It is powerful enough to reduce a high-ranking player's health to half as well as to set a non-armored car engine aflame in four shots or destroy it in two shots, if aiming at the fuel tank. However, it is used in single-action mode, operating very slowly at 1.8 seconds per shot. Like with its real life .44 Magnum counterpart, it has a 6 round cylinder. It cannot be equipped with any attachments.
- The player always re-cocks the hammer before shooting, regardless if the revolver is single or double action.
- The animation is not shown when shooting in Stealth Mode, although it still acts and sounds as if the hammer was being re-cocked.
- Contrary to most weapons in the game, it actually requires pressing the attack button for each shot while on foot (not from a vehicle).
- The revolver, thanks to its high damage per shot and a 60% bonus damage against vehicles, causes 256 damage per shot on vehicles. Since most land vehicles have 1000 damage points in the engine (before burning) and 330 on the oil reservoir (before explosion), which is typically located in front of the rear wheel of the driver side, it can set a vehicle ablaze in 4 shots in the engine block or explode a vehicle in 2 shots in the oil reservoir. If a vehicle has 100% armor protection, you respectively need 8 and 3 shots. It also can destroy helicopter's rear rotor blades in 2 shots. The damage does not decrease with distance, up to its maximal range of 120 metres or yards (which is the same as most weapons).
- However, it is not the fastest non-explosive weapon to give that result. Many automatic weapons deal higher damage per second, especially at close range (the Combat MG takes roughly one second of automatic fire in the oil reservoir to make a non-armored car explode, while it takes 1.8 second between 2 revolver shots), and the heavy sniper rifle can shoot faster, at a much longer range and an easier long range aiming thanks to its scope, for similar damage per shot.