- "Damn, I'm in trouble! Turns out my wife was seeing some guy I owe money to. He's got real angry and he's looking for payback!"
- ―Marty Chonks before his death, knowing that Carl would kill him.
Her Lover is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory owner Marty Chonks from a public telephone outside the factory in Trenton, Portland Island, Liberty City.
Marty Chonks continues with his money problems, but now realizes that his wife was having an affair with someone he owes money to. His name is Carl, and he is losing patience with Marty, who is slow to pay back the money he owes. Marty tells Claude to pick him up from Chinatown and bring him back to the Bitchin' Dog Food Factory, where he plans to kill him and turn him into dog food.
Claude goes inside the factory premises to get in a Stallion. Claude then picks up Carl and brings him back. Marty waits for them outside of the factory, and attempts to buy time. He invites Carl into the factory, but Carl declines and kills Marty.
Note: Depending on the player's decision, Claude may kill Carl. If killed, you can get 1 shotgun bullet.
In order to complete the mission, the player must:
- Get in the car.
- Pick up his wife's lover.
- Take him to Bitch'n Dog Food Factory.
The reward for this mission is $4,000.
- Marty Chonks - Killed by Carl for not paying him the money he owes him in time as well as Carl knowing that Marty would kill him in his factory.
- Carl - Can be killed by Claude right after he kills Marty Chonks.
- This mission, along the rest of Marty Chonks' string of missions are a reference of the 1989 romantic crime drama The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover.
- This is the first (and last) time Marty makes a physical appearance in-game.