The Hermes, appearing as a two-door coupe, is distinguishable by its large body, but seemingly small occupant visibility. The Hermes is based on a 1949 Mercury Eight . The car has evidently been modified, with its roof chopped and has an additional pair of taillights. The car's taillights also resemble the ones of a Fiat Brava.
The car's performance could be described as average; its acceleration is underwhelming, but it has a moderate top speed. It is unusual in that it has front wheel drive (very rare in American cars of the period) and it can't be blown up with a gas-tank shot like most cars in GTA San Andreas. The car is also prone to understeer, owing to its large size, small tires and front wheel drive. In GTA San Andreas the brakes are extremely inefficient and are among the worst in the game, but in the hands of an experienced player the vehicle may be used for drifting. As it only has two doors, the Hermes can only seat two, making it unsuitable for drive-bys.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
The Hermes can only be modified at TransFender.
|Color||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
In GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, the Hermes is commonly seen around Vice City. In GTA San Andreas, the Hermes is mostly a gang car for the Los Santos Vagos and the Varrios Los Aztecas, and as such, it can be seen on their respective turfs.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Parked near Apartment 3c.
- Commonly spawn around Ocean Beach, usually in the Ocean Drive, Washington Beach and Vice Point.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- As it is the gang car of the Los Santos Vagos, it is commonly found on their turfs which are: Las Colinas, Los Flores, and East Beach.
- As it is the gang car of the Varrios Los Aztecas, it is commonly found on their turfs which are: El Corona and Little Mexico.
- Commonly found around the whole state.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- "Hermes" is the Greek name for the Roman god Mercury, which is also the name of the car manufacturer it is based on.
- It is also the name of a Greek god of the same name.
- The Hermes plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- The Hermes has a slight resemblance to the Broadway, only being a hardtop.
- In GTA Vice City, The Hermes doesn't feature a license plate similar to the Comet.
- Even though the Hermes in GTA Vice City Stories has dual exhaust pipes, the exhaust fumes are only coming through the right pipe.