Hinterland is a clothing brand in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV, GTA Chinatown Wars and possibly Grand Theft Auto V. In GTA San Andreas, Hinterland trailers are seen throughout the state, and no clothes can be purchased by the player. The company also sponsors one of the Hotring Racers. In GTA IV, the player can purchase Hinterland brand clothing from the Russian Shop on Mohawk Avenue in Broker. Items of clothing include jumpers, jackets and boots. Hinterland is most likely a parody of Timberland.
Posters of the Hinterland logo can be found on bus shelters and billboards around Liberty City. There is also a poster on a wall on the Hercules nightclub in Algonquin, as the building used for Hercules in The Ballad of Gay Tony was simply a Hinterland shop in GTA IV and The Lost and Damned (if The Lost and Damned is downloaded).
- The logo is coincidentally similar to the History Channel's logo, albeit with a change of font.
- The default light brown boots that Niko wears in the beginning of the storyline is labeled a Hinterland. The scrubs pants Niko gets during "Flatline" is also manufactured by Hinterland.
- Hinterland's slogan in GTA IV is "Doing it hard since 1869".
- Hinterland is German for "outback"
- Franklin is seen wearing boots, however it is unconfirmed whether they are made by Hinterland.
- A possible reference to the real life clothing brand "Timberland"