Francis wants Niko to kill a man named Clarence Little, who is responsible for some of the drug dealling and pimping activity in East Holland. Niko at first is a little reluctant on doing the job, but after negociating $5,000 with Francis, he accepts saying that this is the last job he will do for Francis.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the projects in East Holland
- Take down Clarence
- Choose Clarence's fate
- Lose your wanted level
The target is located in the East Holland projects, on the second floor. Enter in the apartments to call Francis so he can give Niko some information before he can kill the target. There are multiple ways of approching this mission:
The player can throw a Molotov Cocktail at Clarence from downstairs. Be sure that he is dead before runing away from Clarence's thugs.
The easiest way to complete the mission is to go back out the gate which Niko entered to call Francis, go across the road to the Crane in the alley, climb it and use a Sniper rifle to shoot Clarence. This way the player will not get a wanted level and the mission will be instantly completed. Be careful, if the player try to use a Sniper Rifle from the ground level, Clarence will flee the moment the reticle moves over him, and the player will be forced to chase him anyway.
The main way to complete the mission is to directly enter the building and chase down Clarence. As soon as the player start killing Clarence's thugs, he will run to the stairs and stop on the third floor. Keep following him and killing all of his thugs on the way, until Clarence reachs the rooftops. On the roof, the player have to option to spare him or kill Clarence. If the player spare him, he will appear as a random character later in the storyline. After the player either kill him or spare him, the police will surround the building and the player will need to lose them.
It is also possible to use the other stairs opposite to Clarence's location and make him cross the roof top and walk down the stairs, causing him to run back down the stairs and leave the projects fleeing on foot eventually entering a Marbelle with two of his guys armed with SMG's sitting in it already. Doing this removes the opportunity to spare Clarence. The chase will go over to Bohan and isn't scripted, so he will drive anywhere and won't stop until the player kill him or blow up his car.
- It also helps to call Dwayne to send backup if the player spared him and his like percentage goes up enough to use the feature.
- If Niko is dating Kiki, and is on good terms with her, the player can call her to lose the wanted level. Another hint is to head to the river, located not too far in the East.
- Clarence Little (optional) - Killed by Niko on orders of Francis McReary.
- The mission's title is a reference to the movie "Harlem Nights".
- The title is also a reference to the Bob Seger song Hollywood Nights, which is featured in GTA V.
- The way Niko refuses to work for $2,000, and asks for $5,000 is similar to a scene in Rockstar Vancouver's Bully, specifically in a mission where the protagonist Jimmy Hopkins demands $5 when Algie offers to pay him $2 for a task.
- It is also possible to kill him by accessing the police database, this however cancels the mission and doesn't get the player the money.
- An easy way to complete this mission without the drama of a shootout is to, after the cutscene with Niko calling Francis, climb the crane behind the building directly opposite the heights apartment buildings, and using a sniper rifle to pick him off. From the crane, the player will not get a wanted level and it will automatically complete the mission, though the choice to spare him is lost. The trick is demonstrated in this video (at 10:00).