Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I just want you to go pick up your brother."
- ― Mike Toreno
Home Coming is the mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by government agent Mike Toreno from Madd Dogg's Crib in the Mulholland district of Los Santos, San Andreas.
Inside the recording studio, Carl is on the phone discussing business, when Toreno takes it from his hand and ends the call. He tells Carl he has one final job before he leaves Carl alone. Carl then says he is tired of working for Toreno and threatens to kill him; the situation is disarmed when Carl's phone rings and, after being prompted by Toreno, Carl answers it. On the other end is his brother, Sweet. Realizing that Toreno has delivered his promise, Carl asks him what the "little job" is. Toreno tells him to go pick up his brother.
When Carl arrives at the Los Santos Police Headquarters in Pershing Square, he is greeted by the newly freed Sweet. Carl tells him how he's moved up in the world, owning a business in San Fierro, a stake in a casino, and a mansion. Sweet is not impressed and demands to be taken back to Grove Street.
Upon arrival in Grove Street, Carl and Sweet see that the neighborhood has been taken over by baseheads/crack addicts, drug dealers, and the Ballas. Carl wants to abandon the place and go home, but Sweet tells him that his home is right here in Grove Street. Together the brothers clear out the drug dealers populating the area and reclaim Grove Street from the Ballas, taking the first steps to re-establishing the Grove Street Families in Los Santos.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Pick up Sweet from the Precinct
- Drive Sweet to Grove Street
- Take the hood back from the Ballas and clean out the Dealers
- Now take back the hood
The reward for completing this mission is an increase in respect and the missions Cut Throat Business and Beat Down on B Dup are unlocked. The gang warfare element is enabled once again, as is the requirement for Carl to visit Denise Robinson.
Post-mission phone call script
Catalina: Hello, Claude, baby. I thought I call to say how much I love you and how well endowed you are!
Carl Johnson: Yo, Catalina, it's Carl. I think you got the wrong number.
Catalina: Oh, Carl! So sorry, it is such an easy mistake to make, especially when I am so light-headed with love, and lust.
Carl Johnson: Yeah, well I,-
Catalina: No time, byeeee!
- If the player is sitting in the black Vincent at the end of the mission, they will be wasted once the final cutscene begins because the Vincent is removed from the game.
- If the player manages to provoke a gang war before killing all the Drug Dealers, the gang war will not end until all of the dealers are dead, creating multiple "second waves".
- A Rockstar Games logo can be seen on Sweet's suitcase.
- There is always a black Vincent, along with a random car, parked outside the garage at Madd Dogg's mansion.
- While attacking the Ballas in the gang war, only Grove Street will be flashing on the radar. After the mission all of Ganton will be under control.
- If one looks closely when Toreno hangs up the phone, it "magnetizes" to the switchboard after he sets it down.