- "I've got you a nice little place to stay, Toni. It's got you written all over it."
- — Vincenzo Cilli.
Home Sweet Home is the first storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Vincenzo Cilli. The mission is triggered automatically at the start of the game, following the opening introduction.
The mission begins after Toni, who had just returned to Liberty City, and Vincenzo leave Salvatore Leone's Gentlemen's Club. Vincenzo tells Toni to drive to the new apartment he has rented for him and then to take him to his warehouse in Atlantic Quays. After the drive to the apartment, Toni enters and changes into a new set of clothes. Toni then drives Vincenzo to his warehouse, with Vincenzo reminding him that he is the boss.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car
- Drive Vincenzo to the safehouse
- Walk into the yellow marker in the doorway
- Walk into the clothes icon to get a change of clothes
- Rejoin Vincenzo outside
- Get back in the car
- Take Vincenzo to Atlantic Quays
Completion of the mission opens up the free roam gameplay outside of the mission for the first time. The mission Slacker, also for Vincenzo, is unlocked. The Casual Clothes Outfit and Leone's Suit outfit are both unlocked in the wardrobe of the apartment in Saint Marks. The monetary reward for the mission is $100.
- Like most other games, the player does not need to follow Vincenzo Cilli's instruction to drive the car.
- The Kuruma is fireproof but there is no way to keep it after the mission.
- The first car you drive is the Kuruma, same as GTA III.
- The song playing while Toni is on the phone are two different remixes to the GTA III theme.
- Toni's casuals resemble Claude's outfit.
- This is the only mission, aside from A Volatile Situation, where it is impossible to gain a wanted level.
- Since you can not gain a wanted level in this mission it is recommended that you kill a few policemen to gain pistol ammo.