Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Assume the goat is goat and don't ask where the beer comes from at this Jamaican bar where they take the smoking ban about as seriously as they take the local police."
- ―GTA IV Manual Description
The restaurant clearly has a lot of Jamaican influences, such as the radio stations Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 and RamJam FM being played in his interior. Also, the front of the restaurant is painted to resemble a Jamaican flag.
Little Jacob is a usual customer of the café, sometimes when the player calls Little Jacob to hang out, he will be waiting for Niko in front of the café. Its area can be very crowded with Jamaicans at night.
In GTA IV and its episodes, the player can play pool there, either with a friend, a date, or, if he is alone, with a random bar patron. A QUB3D video arcade game is also located here. Despite being a "cafe", the establishment, much like with other non-fast-food restaurants, does not offer food or drinks to replenish health.
Like most landmarks in Broker, the Homebrew Café is featured in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars at roughly the same spot, but exists as a non-interactive part of Beechwood City's street scenery.
- Stewed Chicken
- Curried Goats
- Jerk Chicken
- Rice & Peas
- Micro Uzi - can be found behind the café.
- On the wall of the café, an artwork featuring beta Northwood is shown.
- In GTA Chinatown Wars, the pedestrians can be seen getting in and out the café, but however, it is still inaccessible to the player.
- Homebrew is used in gaming to denote the hacking of consoles done for the purpose of playing games on them that normally could not be played on them (e.g. playing Pokemon on a Playstation Vita, or playing PlayStation 1 games on a Nintendo 3DS).
- Homebrew is also a sexual term to denote amateur pornography.
- The café is named 8-Ball on the map due to the possibility to play pool there.