|For the mission in GTA Vice City Stories, see Hostile Takeover.|
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Retrieve a package from a high security area and deliver it to the drop-off location."
Once the mission is started from the Interaction Menu, the VIP has the option to choose from four different locations: LSIA, Merryweather Base, Fort Zancudo or the Altruist Camp. Once chosen, a yellow marker on the map indicates the GPS route to the said location. At the location will be an executive with security and bodyguard members protecting him. The executive has a briefcase which has to be obtained to the player. When the player enters the high security location, they will obtain four stars and LSPD/LSSD units, as well as the NOOSE will be dispatched. Once the executive is killed and the briefcase is obtained, a destination to take the case will be marked on the map. Players must lose the police before delivering.
The high security location is within the hangar south of the airport, where Franklin Clinton's hangar is located. Inside is the executive stood beside a black Super Diamond and several FIB members with an FIB Buffalo.
The briefcase is located inside an office at the front of the warehouse, where the executive and several Merryweather units are found with high fire-rate weapons and armor. Numerous Merryweather bodyguards are scattered around the ground level and on the formation of the dock where the dock-crane and helipad are located.
The briefcase is replaced as a Rhino Tank where it is located at the north hangar of the military base. This is highly considered to be the most dangerous VIP Work as the military would pursue the invading players with better accuracy.
The briefcase is located at the end of the camp out in the open being held by a cult leader, and guarded by 3 cultists.
- Using an Armored Kuruma for the LSIA and Merryweather base locations is the most effective, as it prevents the player from taking damage, and allows easy access to the hangar/warehouse. Using an air vehicle is not recommended as it makes it harder to get into the hangar/warehouse and avoid the pursuing police officers and/or Merryweather units.
- A full armor and bull sharks can help the player to survive long and kill other enemies in sight.
- Hostile Takeover is the longest VIP Work that lasts for 30 Minutes and has the second cool down time of 20 Minutes (excluding VIP Works of Import/Export), the first being Piracy Prevention with 60 Minutes.
- Even if other players are not involved in Hostile Takeover while their organization delivers the briefcase, they can still receive any active wanted level if players die while causing a crime.
- This can also disable Remove Wanted level, Cops Turn Blind Eye, and Bribe Authorities, rendering it impossible to remove an active wanted level.