- "Hey! A Ballas posse is about to run up! They're heading up here right now!"
- ―GSF Member
House Party is the last mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by OG Loc from his house in the Ganton district of Los Santos, San Andreas. The first part of the mission starts at Burger Shot, and then the actual mission starts afterward. The mission can only be accessed between 20:00 (8:00 PM) and 6:00 AM.
Carl goes to see OG Loc at Burger Shot in Marina, and sees Loc quitting his job as a janitor, which is violating his parole. Loc tells Carl that he wants to have a big party before he goes back into prison, as it may be his last chance 'to get heard'. Loc tells Carl to get ready for the party and then to get some girls. Carl can then gets some new clothes and a haircut while waiting for the party to start.
At 21:00, Carl gets a call from Loc, who asks Carl if he's coming to the party. Carl tried to get out of it but is persuaded to come over when Loc mentions that his microphone is broken. Carl arrives at Loc's House to find him rapping his mediocre lyrics on a perfectly functioning mic. Carl sees Ryder there, and the pair goes outside, away from the obnoxious sound of Loc's terrible music. Carl and Ryder bump into Sweet and other Grove Street members. As they're talking, a Grove Street member rushes in on a bike, warning the gang of an upcoming Ballas attack. The Grove Street gang gets ready to defend their hood by blocking the road with some cars, while Ryder runs off to get more backup.
The Ballas arrive and a massive gang shootout occurs. After getting rid of the first set of Ballas, more Ballas appear on top of the bridge above Grove Street, who are also killed by the GSF. Another set of Ballas appears in the alleyway between Ryder's house and the Johnson House and in Ryder's backyard. More Ballas appear from around the surrounding houses in Grove Street, although Carl, Sweet, and the GSF successfully kill them all.
Upon celebrating their victory, the Grove Street members go back into Loc's house for the rest of the party, to which Carl jokingly states that the party got started when Loc stopped rapping.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Defend your hood from the attackers
- There are enemies on the bridge above
- Help Sweet defend against the last of the enemies
- The reward for completing this mission is an increase in respect.
Tips and Tricks
- Be careful shooting above Sweet while he is crouching, as he may stand up unexpectedly - and one headshot will kill him immediately.
- Don't stand in the middle of Grove Street. After the first wave of Ballas, a second and third wave will try to flank CJ from the rear, it is necessary to keep to the sides.
- Sweet is immune to Ballas attack, so the player won't need to worry about Sweet being killed by Ballas unless CJ enters a house, then Sweet will lose his abilities and will be vulnerable to Ballas' gunfire.
- After clearing out the first wave, the player can climb onto the roof of Sweet's house (where the Tec-9 spawns). This will prevent the player from being flanked. The four Ballas members on the bridge will require a long-range weapon like the Rifle, Sniper Rifle or an M4 to be killed from this distance.
- Alternatively, after clearing the first wave, the player can get on the bridge. Upon clearing the four Ballas there, the player has the advantage of the higher ground. As some Ballas atop the bridge are standing on the wall, it is fairly easy to knock them off and send them to their deaths.
- After the first cutscene at Burger Shot, the player can completely ignore the change of clothes and haircut options and go straight to Loc's party.
- A Molotov Cocktail is convenient to deal with waves of enemies in this mission. However be aware of throwing near Sweet or Carl.
- When the Ballas are shooting from the bridge, part of it will be destroyed also seen in the mission [[[End of the Line]] when Tempenny loses control.
- During the mission, two fireproof and bulletproof Tahomas are used.
- During the cutscene, Ryder mentions that the homies are at the back of the house, but the homies are actually at the front.
- After this mission, the area under control stat will start appearing even if the player has not completed the mission Doberman (the mission in which ability to take over gang territories is unlocked).
- In all versions of the game, Ryder will often say 3 different things when leaving the house which are "I'll go get Smoke and some homeboys" or "Damn man, I'll go get us some more backup" sometimes even repeating it twice, or other times he will say "I'll go round up some homies." This could be as a result of a change in the script, and Rockstar forgot to remove the-then first two lines.
- Ryder doesn't return with Smoke or any other homies, but rather bails and leaves CJ and Sweet to deal with the Ballas by themselves, which could suggest that it was a set up devised to get them killed.
- If CJ runs away from the gunfight, the mission will fail as "too many of the gang have been killed".
- The ability to get a wanted level is automatically disabled during this mission.
- When 4 Ballas appear on the bridge above Grove Street, the member on the left will always get headshot even though the Ballas carry Tec-9 and their shots miss.
- No pedestrians or street vehicles will spawn during this mission. However, Firetrucks still come in response to fires.
- At the end of the mission, one of the surviving GSF gang members will stand in front of OG Loc's house and act like a security guard. However, he cannot be recruited.
- A full version of OG Loc's rap is made available in the Forgotten Legends of West Coast Rap website. However, some lines in the full version differ from the one rapped by OG Loc in the mission. The reason behind this could be that it is officially recorded from a "rare demo session of OG Loc behind the mic while recording his debut (and only) album".
- If the player enters the Johnson House just as the screen fades black after eliminating the Ballas gangsters on the bridge, the cutscene showing more Ballas coming from the alleys will glitch out, and the game will revert back to normal once it ends.