Hugh Harrison is an minor character in Grand Theft Auto V.
Hugh judges most of the acts in the show with derisive severity, often belittling them in graphic and mean-spirited fashion. Over the course of the show, it's heavily implied that he is not actually British, but rather an American who only pretends to be British so he can pretend to be cultured and exotic. He viciously despises the show's host, Lazlow, constantly insulting him, mostly by questioning his sexuality, and at one point even attempting to murder him on the air by beating him with his microphone.
- GTA V
- He is based on English TV host and judge of: Pop Idol, The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, America's Got Talent, American Idol, and The X Factor USA; Simon Cowell.
- It's revealed that Hugh fakes his nationality, during one of the Fame or Shame episodes where he and the other judges vote for the Masturbating Monkeys, Lazlow gets annoyed and mocks Hugh for faking his nationality to which Hugh angrily replies he is British in an American accent.
- This could be further proven since his voice actor is an American faking a British accent.
- Cara Delevingne, the DJ for Non-Stop-Pop FM, also mentions that she doesn't think that he's English, since she says that anyone who says they're from Britain almost certainly isn't, and "no-one in Britain has teeth like that." She says this in-between tracks, after saying that she got a creepy text message from him.
- In an internet article from Stars Talk after the Vangelico heist, they mock the fights between Hugh and Lazlow in the show, saying that it could be a sign of a romance between them.