- "This quarry will employ anyone. Real slackers. Any fool can show up and have a go."
- ―GTA San Andreas Website
Hunter Quarry is minutes away from Greenglass College, the Blackfield Intersection and Blackfield, and south to the railroad line. The mine features numerous buildings, along with a large magnet crane. It can be entered from two points : a small access on the northwest side, and the main access on the eastern side. The Quarry itself does not feature any worker except in the mission Explosive Situation ; also, as seen in the mission, the area is protected by the Chuff Security company. The Quarry is the location of a mission for Wu Zi Mu, Explosive Situation, and the side-missions involving CJ working for the quarry.
It appears to be based on Utah's Crandall Canyon Mine, given its location.
Events of GTA San Andreas
Carl Johnson's recent arrival in Las Venturas to meet with his friend Wu Zi Mu at his new headquarters begins a lucrative new chapter for Carl in the game's storyline. He learns that Caligula's Palace, a casino just up The Strip from Wu Zi Mu's Four Dragons Casino, is being taken over by the Leone Family. One of Carl's new associates in Las Venturas, Ken Rosenberg, of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City fame, provides him the opportunity to befriend Salvatore Leone and start planning an intricate heist of the casino's main vault. As part of the plans, Carl sets off to Hunter Quarry to obtain dynamite that he will later use to cripple the city's power supply. With only minutes to spare before security guards arrive, Carl boldly strolls into the quarry, hijacks a large construction vehicle, and begins smashing crates carrying the explosives, while irate construction workers attempt to stop him. When security finally does arrive, Carl gathers up the explosives and makes his way out of the quarry on a Sanchez through an intricate series of jumps, all while security guards take shots at him with pistols.
- Burrito: Regularly spawns at the eastern entrance.
- Crane: A large controllable magnet crane can be found on the eastern side of the quarry.
- Dozer: Spawns in the middle of the quarry after completing all seven Quarry Missions.
- Dumper: Spawns below the crane after completing all seven Quarry Missions.
- Rumpo: Regularly spawns at the eastern entrance.
- Sanchez: Spawns by a building near the Dozer after Explosive Situation.
- In the beta version, Hunter Quarry was much smaller.
- Outside the entrance to the quarry itself, three vehicles spawn, usually the same type each.