|For the African-American gang in Grand Theft Auto IV, see Hustlers.|
Not to be confused with Rustler, a fighter plane in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Hustler is a classic two-door coupe in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Hustler is one of the oldest cars available in the game, evidently based on a 1933/1934 Ford 'five' window coupe, but is very similar to a Fiat 500 "Topolino", mildly modified, but not to the extent of featuring the Hotknife's hotrod design.
The Hustler has a decent acceleration, but excellent top speed, owing to its high-output engine which sounds like a V8. It has remarkably good handling capabilities for a vehicle of its age and weight; It corners sharply, but suffers from some oversteer at high speeds. The Hustler has a pretty good ramming ability in contrast to its size. Although it does not appear to have a visible fuel cap, it will explode if the back license plate gets shot, as this was the same area the fuel cap was on Ford cars up until the 1950s.
The Hustler can only be modified in a TransFender garage.
|Color||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Jizzy - When being asked to kill the pimp in Hashbury, and getting close to Hashbury Safehouse, the player can see a Hustler owned by the pimp and he will use it to flee. If the player kills him very quickly, then they can take it to a garage (if the player bought the safehouse they can save it there) otherwise the player must execute him in a drive-by.
- Being a flashy and modified classic car, the Hustler is more commonly available in Las Venturas, mainly at The Strip.
- Another Hustler, constantly painted green in line with the Grove Street Families' colors, is owned by Denise Robinson with the license plate reading 'HOMEGIRL', a reference to her life in the ghetto. It is constantly parked in front of her house in Ganton, Los Santos at times when Denise is available for dating (usually in the evening). Until the player reaches a 50% dating level with her, the car will remain locked (can be obtained by using the cheat code of beater/junk car). There is a glitch in the game that causes Denise's Hustler to respawn in its parking place if you use the Hustler on a date with Denise, so there will be 2 Hustlers when "coffee" time happens; afterwards, you can continue driving the original Hustler. Otherwise, you can only access Denise's Hustler during the hours that she's home.
- An alternate way to obtain the Hustler is by entering the All Beater Cars cheat, and Hustlers will appear on the street in large quantities throughout San Andreas.
- Can be obtained during the second part of mission "Jizzy" .
- The default radio station in the Hustler is K-DST.
- Despite that the Hustler was used by a pimp in "Jizzy", pimping missions cannot be done with the Hustler.
- 29 Special - Grand Theft Auto 1 equivalent.
- Hotrod and Hotknife - Similar vehicles.
- Thunder-Rodd - A similar car in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.