Stated to have been completed in 1979, the stadium is possibly named as a reference to the hymen (implying a loss of virginity), or, more likely, to Hyman Roth, a Miami-based character in The Godfather Part II. The stadium is surrounded by a thin stretch of parking spaces and access roads, and also boasts a pair of helipads, one of which spawns a Maverick in GTA Vice City Stories.
The stadium is known to host a variety of events throughout its appearances.
In GTA Vice City, the stadium's interior is depicted with a multipurpose arrangement, featuring an oval track on the outskirts surrounding a central arena. The oval track is used for Hotring - a NASCAR-style racing event, while the arena is adopted for used in Bloodring - a demolition derby event, and Dirtring - a dirt bike stunt show. The events are rotated every day (Hotring → Bloodring → Dirtring), and are only available to the player between 8:00 pm (20:00 hour) and 12:00 midnight (00:00 hour).
In GTA Vice City Stories, the stadium is adopted for use as a concert venue for Phil Collins, as seen in "Kill Phil: Part 2" and "In the Air Tonight". The stadium is also part of the Hyman Memorial O.D.T. side-mission, with the final third of the race starting around the stadium and finishing at the entrance. The Vice City Mambas football team play here. It is possible that a professional baseball plays here, because in real life, the Florida Marlins play in the same stadium as the Miami Dolphins.
In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the following songs can be heard playing in the background during any of the events inside the stadium:
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Two Tribes" (featured on Wave 103)
- Tesla - "Cumin' Atcha Live" (featured on V-Rock)
- Gary Numan - "Cars" (featured on Wave 103)
- Alcatrazz - "God Blessed Video" (featured on V-Rock)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- GTA Vice City
- In beta version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, this stadium didn't exist.
- There is a glitch in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories that makes it possible to enter the stadium to watch Phil Collins' concert. To do this, the player must use a Little Willie to enter the roof because it is not solid, then exit the vehicle to land in the Blue Hell. The only way out is to commit suicide.
- For some reason, this stadium interior can be found in the GTA San Andreas' hidden interior universe, just above the Chinatown district in Liberty City.
- The stadium also exist in the HD Universe rendition of Vice City, as it was mentioned in the OG Loc's tour poster in Grand Theft Auto V.