Depicted as a large, two-door 1970s coupe with a vinyl roof, the Idaho's styling most notably reflects a fourth generation Buick Riviera. The front more closely resembles a 1975/'76 Chevy Caprice (with added turning signals). The Grand Theft Auto Advance rendition is depicted with a dimension dissimilar to that of other Idaho's, with a shorter front end and a smoother front profile, but retaining a different top color.
The Idaho has looked virtually the same in most game it has appeared in, with noticeable tweaks and changes in minor details, mainly on its wheels and windscreens. The Grand Theft Auto: Vice City rendition, in particular, received better detailing, but the game's rendition was not carried over to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, as it has been for most other vehicles from GTA Vice City. Instead, GTA Vice City Stories reuses the Grand Theft Auto III or Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories rendition of the Idaho.
During development of GTA III, the Idaho was named the "Hachura", a name previously used for another car in Grand Theft Auto 2. Furthermore, one of the two rusty/burned out car wrecks that can be seen in most of the 3D Universe games use a similar model as the beta version of the GTA III Idaho.
Version History Gallery
Due to its heavy build and soft suspension, the Idaho lacks serious performance credentials, with poor speed and steering. This places the car at a standing that is even lower than that of an Esperanto, but is still faster than a Manana. Braking is rather poor, with no ABS at all. It is in GTA III one of the only two cars (the other being the FBI Kuruma) to actually scrape its front bumper on the ground when fully braking.
3D Universe Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||99 / 160||5||Petrol||RWD||1600 / 3527|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Cannot be observed|
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto III
- Drive Misty for Me - In the ending cutscene, an Idaho is seen inside Joey's Garage along with a Mafia Sentinel, an Stallion and a BF Injection.
- Mike Lips Last Lunch - Mike Forelli owns a Idaho, that you have to steal at Saint Mark's Bistro, plant a bomb, activate and get out to see Mike and his car blowing up together.
Grand Theft Auto III
- The Supa Save! in Portland View, Portland.
- The Old School Hall in Chinatown, Portland.
- Parking lot next to the Liberty City Memorial Stadium in Aspatria, Staunton Island.
- Kenji's Casino in Torrington, Staunton Island.
- Usually seen around the Red Light District.
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Is seen driving around or parked in Downtown Vice City.
- Car park, North Point Mall in Vice Point.
- Common in Viceport, Little Havana and Little Haiti.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- In an alleyway south of the Staunton Island Safehouse, south-west of Pay 'n' Spray in Newport, Staunton Island.
- In the parking garage next to the Staunton Island Safehouse.
- In the Newport Multistory Car Park in Newport, Staunton Island.
- Parking lot of the Liberty Tree offices in Bedford Point, Staunton Island.
- Big Shot Casino in Torrington, Staunton Island.
- Eastern housing project in Wichita Gardens, Shoreside Vale.
- Western housing project in Wichita Gardens, Shoreside Vale.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- In front of all protection racket businesses.
- Occasionally found in parking lot of Vice Point Mall in Vice Point.
Grand Theft Auto Advance
- This vehicle is named after one of the states of the U.S.A.
- This vehicle can be found in the Denton City Junkyard in Manhunt.
- In the GTA III Beta, the Idaho along with the Esperanto had Hydraulics in the game, but only the Yardie Lobo made it with hydraulics in the final version of the game.