|For the Grand Theft Auto Advance mission, see Ill-Gotten.|
- "The second haul of high-end goods currently en route to Los Santos' luxury shops and dealerships. We're pleased to announce that the Ill-Gotten Gains Update: Part Two will arrive for all platforms next week, on Wednesday July 8th. This new collection of extravagant attire and potent transportation also includes the debut of the previously PC-exclusive 'The Lab' radio station across all four console platforms."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 is a content update for Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. It was released on July 8, 2015, and is the second release during the summer of 2015, following the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1. The week prior to the release celebrated the Independence Day Special event.
Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 was the final GTA V/GTA Online title update made available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3; all subsequent title updates are for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC only (though small software updates are still occasionally released for the original versions of the game). As well, it was the last content update with content available in GTA V; all subsequent updates have their content exclusive to GTA Online.
Two new weapons are available:
|Marksman Pistol||This is a single shot pistol that resembles a Thompson-Center Contender|
|Knuckle Dusters||The Brass Knuckles from the 3D universe games comes back, now named Knuckledusters with 9 different custom models available for the enhanced versions of the game: The Pimp, The Ballas, The Hustler, The Rock, The Hater, The Lover, The Player, The King, and The Vagos.|
Six new vehicles are available:
|Coil Brawler||The Brawler is mainly based on the Local Motors Rally Fighter.|
|Vapid Chino||The Chino is a classic muscle car, resembling as the 1965 Lincoln Continental.|
|Invetero Coquette BlackFin||The Coquette BlackFin is based on the first generation Chevrolet Corvette.|
|Progen T20||The Progen T20 is heavily based on the McLaren P1.|
|Lampadati Toro||The Toro is a speedboat based on the Riva Aquarama Lamborghini.|
|Dinka Vindicator||The Vindicator is based on a Honda NM4.|
- New clothing and accessories available at high end retailers all across Los Santos.
- The return of Independence Day clothing, as well as new 4th July-related clothing items.
- The Lab is available for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
- As usual with most content updates, a weekend special will follow on the 10th, 11th and 12th of July, where Special Crate Drops will be dropped, containing the Independence Day Special content, such as the Firework Launcher, Fireworks and the featured clothing items. The Sovereign and The Liberator will also return, albeit reduced in price (see below).
- A double GTA$ and RP holiday event spreads from the 1st of July to the 6th of July, which will apply to all Independence Day-related jobs, which were released the previous 4th of July in 2014.
- Also, Rockstar announced a 25% on all purchasable Independence Day Special content, such as The Liberator, Sovereign and Musket.
- 3 new car horns: Classical Horn 8 (the first with 2 melodies), Classical Horn Loop 1 and Classical Horn Loop 2.
- 15 new tattoos have been added to the Tattoo Parlors for both male and female characters.
- Players can now create Jobs inside Los Santos International Airport and Fort Zancudo.
- Scarves and Cuffs have been added to the Accessories section in the Interaction Menu for the enhanced versions of the game.
- Mors Mutual Insurance delivery vehicle icons now flash a few times on the minimap on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- The SMG, Assault SMG and Combat PDW can now be used from the side of a helicopter and back of a van.
Discounts & Bonuses
Numerous discount deals and bonuses in GTA Online were offered across the following days, including:
- Between July 10-12, 2015, Gold resprays were free for all vehicles, and double GTA$ on all races.
- On July 16, 2015, 50% discount on all chrome sport rims.
- On July 17, 2015, 50% discount on all heist masks.
- Between July 16-19, 2015, Double GTA$ and RP payouts on the Prison Break series.
- Between July 20-26, 2015, Double GTA$ and RP payouts for the Humane Raid series.
- On Jul 25-26, 2015, Double GTA$ and RP payouts on any Adversary Modes.
- Between July 27-August 2, 2015, Double GTA$ and RP payouts for the Series A series.
- Between August 3-9, 2015, Double GTA$ and RP payouts for the Pacific Standard series.
- The Luxury Helicopter pilot will make a reference to the update, as she told the player that she "does not mind getting paid with ya ill-gotten gains"
- Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 PC update (build 393.2) severely affected performance, often going down from 60 FPS to 30 FPS. The cause of this was the addition of dead code in order to suppress the abundance of online modding.
- The bug causing this particular issue was fixed in a hotfix update - build 393.4 on July 20th, 2015. Although performance issues can still happen periodically, it isn't as severe as it was after Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2.