Events of GTA IV
She first meets Niko whilst he works for her husband. She has a small conversation with Niko while he's waiting for Mikhail. Ilyena tells Niko about Mikhail and herself before they came to the city, and tries to understand how and why Mikhail had changed from the kinder man she first knew.
Later, after Mikhail's death, Niko can find her at Firefly Island and she asks him to see Anna's new boyfriend, who is trying to convince her to become a stripper.
Niko can either kill Anna's boyfriend (resulting in an angry phone call from Ilyena, scolding Niko for bringing another man to a violent death), beat him up (resulting in a friendlier phone call from Ilyena), or let him escape (resulting in a sad call from Ilyena; her daughter has run away and she has no family left at all).
- GTA IV
Ilyena Faustin's Random Encounter
- Ilyena is a Russian name, but not spelled correctly. A more exact transcription for the name is Elena. This mistake is probably due to Rockstar's lack of knowledge of most non-English languages.
- Niko appears to be more sympathetic towards Ilyena than any other character in GTA IV, and he most likely feels remorse towards her and her daughter, Anna due to the fact that he didn't think about how Mikhail's death would affect them.
- If the player calls Mikhail's phone number after his death, there is a new voicemail recording in which Ilyena tells the caller that Mikhail is dead and asks that out of respect for her husband's death, Mikhail's enemies should leave her and Anna alone.
- Ilyena is very religious, likely a Russian Orthodox Christian. In "No Love Lost", Mikhail berates her by saying "You superstitious old crone, I'll see you in hell! Someday I'll crucify you!". Soon after, in "Rigged To Blow," she discusses souls with Niko and encourages him to have more faith and optimism.
- Ilyena's voice is different during her Random characters than it is in her two appearances in missions, as in No Love Lost, she is only seen screaming at Mikhail and crying, and in Rigged to Blow, she speaks very calmly to Niko. Her tone changed considerably between the last mission for Mikhail and the encounter, further alluding to Ilyena's despair.
- Ilyena somewhat has a similar facial structure as Sara, another random character that can be seen during Sara's Random characters.
- During her Random characters, Niko will say he and Dimitri aren't friends, in present tense, even if he is already dead. He says this in the same tone in both ways. This might be an attempt by Niko to mask the fact that he is a cold-blooded killer (if Dimitri is dead already) or if he is genuinely sorry.