Events of GTA IV
She first meets Niko whilst he works for her husband. She has a small conversation with Niko while he's waiting for Mikhail. Ilyena tells Niko about Mikhail and herself before they came to the city, and tries to understand how and why Mikhail had changed from the kinder man she first knew. Later, after Mikhail's death, Niko can find her at Firefly Island and she asks him to see Anna's new boyfriend, who is trying to convince her into becoming a stripper. Niko can either kill Anna's boyfriend (resulting in an angry phone call from Ilyena, scolding Niko for bringing another man to a violent death), beat him up (resulting in a friendlier phone call from Ilyena), or let him escape (resulting in a sad call from Ilyena; her daughter has run away and she has no family left at all).
If the player calls Mikhail's cellphone after his death, there is a new voice mail message in which Ilyena tells the caller that Mikhail is dead and asks that out of respect for her husband's death, Mikhail's enemies should leave her and Anna alone.
- GTA IV
Ilyena Faustin's Random Encounter
- Despite actually killing Mikhail Faustin, when Niko meets Ilyena in the Random Encounter, he appears to feel genuinely sorry for her, considering her situation.
- Niko appears to be more sympathetic towards Ilyena than any other character in GTA IV, and he most likely feels remorse towards her and her daughter, Anna due to the fact that he didn't think about how Mikhail's death would affect them.
- Ilyena's voice is different during her Random Encounter than it is in her two appearences in missions, as in No Love Lost, she is only seen screaming at Mikhail and crying, and in Rigged to Blow, she speaks very calmly to Niko. Her tone changed considerably between the last mission for Mikhail and the encounter, further alluding to Ilyena's despair.
- Ilyena is a Russian name, but not spelled correctly. A more exact transcription for the name is Elena. This mistake may be due to Rockstar's lack of knowledge of most non-English languages or it may be due to other reasons.
- Ilyena somewhat has a similar facial structure as Sara, another random character that can be seen during Sara's Random Encounter.