Inside Track is a betting shop for thoroughbred horse races. The player can bet money on horse races in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but not in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories or Grand Theft Auto IV.
Inside Track Betting (ITB) machines line the walls of these establishments, which can be found in various locations throughout Vice City in 1984 and 1986, San Andreas in 1992, and Liberty City in 2008. There are two accessible outlets: one in Downtown Los Santos and the other in Montgomery, Red County.
In the mission Against All Odds in GTA San Andreas, Catalina, together with protagonist Carl Johnson, robs the Montgomery branch of the betting shop for money, and later, as a result, was chased by police. Luckily, they were able to get to Catalina's hideout in Fern Ridge to lose the cops.
GTA Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto IV
Betting Trick in GTA San Andreas
- Taken from Forum:Get Rich Quick Betting Trick
A simple way to ensure you never lose is to save before you bet. This way if you lose you can just reload your save game. If you gamble all your money in one go, then if you win you will gain a large amount of money.
To ensure that you eventually win, you should bet on the same horse every time. Statistically, this horse will eventually win, and should not take more than around 5 attempts. Once you win, save the game again and you can repeat if required.
For this trick to be worthwhile, you should save at a location close to the betting shop. The closest safehouse and Inside Track Betting Shop together are the Jefferson Safehouse in Jefferson and the betting shop in Downtown Los Santos under the Mulholland Intersection.
Catalina's hideout works just as fine. Since a Buffalo spawns right beside your spawn point, anyone should be able to to make a left turn, drive straight into town, and stop right in front of the betting shop within 20 seconds.
Note - 4/5 Times Blue or Teal will always win the race, and it can become extremely frustrating, especially if your horse jetted off the starting line and then slowed down. Do not let this change your mind though, because the chances are the horse you previously bet on will win if you bet on a different one.
Always bet with the horse with the worst amount of odds (the 1/11 or 1/12 horse). This way, when you win, you will win the most amount of cash. (Note: 1/12 usually takes more than 10 tries to succeed, however you do get 12 times the money if you win.)
List of horse names
- Unlike virtually every other interior space in the game, it is possible to enter Inside Track shops with recruited gang members and other NPCs. This is mostly likely a programming oversight from the fact Catalina enters the shop with CJ in the mission Against All Odds.
- Almost all of the horse's names are humorous and crude terms, referencing genitalia and sex.
- When watching the horse races, the player can spot a sign saying SARC24. This is the Horse Racing channel on which the player is watching the horse races, and the first TV channel the player can watch in GTA History.
- The maximum amount you can bet is $9999995, $5 short of 10 million. If you win on the 11/1 or the 12/1 horse, the amount you get is at least 100 million. ($109999945 for 11/1 and $119999940 for 12/1, to be exact.)
- This trick can be used to achieve $999999999 ($1 short of 1 bill, max amount of money) without using cheats, hacks, trainers, or even using a downloaded savefile. This, however, is a time-consuming way of doing that. This also makes the assets useless, unless one wishes to keep the max money amount even after spending on car mods, food, weapons, clothing, hookers, importing cars after completion of the Exports and Imports side mission, properties (if not yet bought), and other stuff.