Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article needs more images of:|
"Engine Bay" image for the Current Design Gallery.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
- "Ironically named light armored personnel vehicle. Perfect for crushing small rebellions in a dictatorship or wiping out peaceful protests in an alleged democracy."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry description.
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Insurgent is a SUV-like Light Armored Personnel Vehicle (LAPV) that is mainly based on the GURKHA LAPV, characterized by the roof-rails, hood details, rounded headlights, roof hatch and front bumper, with some influences from the Conquest Knight XV (especially the single-door rear entrance and a small grille over the main one, where the hood is slightly pronounced). The design of the front and sides are very likely to have been influenced by the Pitbull VX. The general shape of the greenhouse area seems to take influence from the Oshkosh Sandcat. It is also based, to a lesser extent, on the Marauder, due to the raised suspension, the semi-squared door windows, and a similar tail lights scheme. The underside features a sump guard just under where the engine would be at the front.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Insurgent is incredibly durable due to its triple-plated armor shell, nearly as much so as the Rhino Tank. It can survive three direct hits from the Rhino Tank's cannon, around four vehicle based rockets, three RPG shots, around five Sticky Bombs, or around 20-25 seconds of constant minigun fire aimed directly at the engine. It can also ram parked vehicles and continue to drive without any noticeable damage. The Insurgent has large windshields and windows, making their occupants vulnerable to gunfire from the front, and despite the fact that there is a barrier between the rear seats and the covered compartment, players can still be shot through it.
In terms of overall performance, the Insurgent is remarkable for its design and appearance. The acceleration is somewhat lacking due to its heavy weight, but It has an acceptable top speed. The Insurgent's immense weight helps to keep it grounded when cornering, and contributes to it having good handling for a vehicle of its stature. It has a decent cornering radius and understeer is relatively minor. The Insurgent is abnormally sensitive in the air, and may be prone to crash landings if the user isn't careful. However, it is able to quickly recover from rolling over.
The Insurgent's sheer weight means that even without the gunner position, it is a formidable vehicle towards other players. The Insurgent can cripple or even disable many other road vehicles if given a direct hit at full speed, and will usually run over lighter cars, deforming them and often breaking wheels or axles. It also seems to have a degree of top-heaviness that is evident while airborne, however it makes up for it by being able to recover abnormally fast from a rollover, relative to its class.
Though the engine model or bay cannot be seen, the sound is similar to that of the Landstalker's, but slightly smoother.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||81 / 130||6||N/A|
|8600 / 18960||80|
|7.6 Seconds||97 / 156||6||AWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by |
Insurgent Pick-UpGrand Theft Auto Online
An armed variant named the Insurgent Pick-Up with a roof-mounted gun and a removed rear compartment was also added in the Heists Update.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- The Insurgent appears twice in The Humane Labs Raid, during the setup missions Insurgents and Deliver EMP where it is driven by a player as part of the mission objectives.
- Other Insurgents can be found in the Humane Labs area during the Humane Raid - Deliver EMP mission; however, they can not be accessed or obtained.
- Merryweather also deploys a battalion of Insurgents and Insurgent Pick-Ups to defend the Barracks from the ground in Pacific Standard - Convoy.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- The Insurgent can be purchased on Warstock Cache & Carry for $675,000 after completing The Humane Labs Raid.
- The Insurgent is one of the few vehicles in Grand Theft Auto Online to be based on a Canadian vehicle.
- The Insurgent has an insurance premium of $16,875 each time it is destroyed, making it the third most expensive premium in GTA Online (second being the Osiris with a premium of $24,275 and first being the T20 with a premium of $27,500).
- The Insurgent is one of two vehicles to have a deductible other than 1.25% the cost of buying it (being 2.5% in this case), the other being the Elegy RH8.
- Neither variant of the Insurgent has an engine model due to the bonnet/hood being impossible to open or remove. This is also the case for the Zentorno.
- Neither variant of the Insurgent has rear-view mirrors.
- It should be noted that when the player is driving in a GTA Online free-roam lobby, the player will appear as a "turreted vehicle" blip on the radar which is visually similar to the Insurgent itself, regardless of which variant they are driving. This is intended to warn nearby players of the Insurgent's presence as a 'dangerous vehicle', as the Insurgent's durability, speed and sheer weight make it difficult to destroy.
- Strangely, despite being a lot lighter than the Rhino Tank in the handling files, the Cargobob can barely even lift the Insurgent off the ground, unlike the Rhino Tank. This puts its weight in excess of 60 tons.
- When the Heists Update was first released, the Insurgent, when purchased, would have maxed (100%) armor (with there not even being an "armor" customization tab at mod shops), bulletproof tires already installed, and players within it could not be shot out from the rear. However, the 100% armor and bulletproof rear panel features were removed in later updates, though it still has bulletproof tires by default.
- Upon release of the Heists Update, both versions of the Insurgent had a minor glitch where the front wheels received 4% of the power from the engine. This was fixed in the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1 update, so the Insurgent's front wheels receive 40% of the power instead.
- Both variants of the Insurgent come in a unique olive drab color. When comparing the stock color to the olive color in Los Santos Customs the stock color appears to have a unique shading to it. Also unique are the stock tire colors, which once changed cannot be changed back without the use of glitches.
- After the Festive Surprise 2015 Update, opening all doors using the 'Vehicle Doors' feature in the enhanced version will no longer open the rear door.
- The Insurgent cannot have its crew emblem fitted in Los Santos Customs.
- The Insurgent seems to have a missing exhaust system as fumes can be seen coming out from one of the bottom side body panels. This is the same case with the Albany Roosevelt.
- Insurgent Pick-Up - Armed variant.