Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article needs more images of:|
Remaining design gallery images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
- "Ironically named light armored personnel vehicle. Perfect for crushing small rebellions in a dictatorship or wiping out peaceful protests in an alleged democracy. This model is fitted with a turret cannon."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry description.
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Insurgent Pick-Up is a Pickup-like Light Armored Personnel Vehicle (LAPV) that is inspired by the Gurkha series, particularly the Gurkha RPV, using the exact same fenders, rear pick-up bed, external roll-bar application to the rear, and general body shape.
In-game, it is an armed variant of the original Insurgent, having a front roll cage, roof-mounted lights and a roof-mounted Browning M2HB .50 caliber machine gun, mounted in a movable turret hatch that covers the gunner from rear attacks. The turret also features a non-functional light or sighting system. It also features two external bars on the front, posing as framework bars to avoid crushing of the windshield and A Pillars upon rolling over, as well as general defense from crashes. The underside features a large sump guard just under where the engine would be at the front.
The Insurgent Pick-up can carry three more players than the SUV variant, with two additional passengers on the truck bed and the gunner, which uses a separated seat. It is operated by Merryweather Security.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
Like with the Insurgent, the Insurgent Pick-Up is incredibly durable, more so than the Rhino. It can survive around three tank shots, two direct and one splash damage, around five Buzzard rockets, four to five RPG shots, six to seven Sticky Bombs or around 40-50 seconds of constant minigun fire aimed directly at the engine. It is stated to have a triple-plated armor shell. It can also ram parked aircraft, blow them up (depending on speed), and continue to drive without any noticeable damage. The vehicle has bulletproof tires by default after purchase, and since it is already fully armored, it never deforms, no matter how hard it hits an object. The Insurgent Pick-Up has large unarmored windshields and windows, making their occupants vulnerable to gunfire from all angles. Because of its extreme mass, driving directly over a motorcycle will almost always cause an immediate explosion.
Strangely enough both Insurgents have a fatal weakness: they both seem unusually vulnerable to fire. Simply circling an Insurgent (pick-up or unarmed) 1-2 times with a gasoline trail and lighting it will almost always result in the engine catching fire. This variant, like the unarmed variant, will always be destroyed when charging a Freight Train head on unlike the Rhino Tank.
The rear passengers on the Insurgent Pick-Up can toggle between ducking into the vehicle or getting on the gunner seat by pressing right on the D-Pad. This tactic can be extremely useful in case the gunner is very weak and needs to regenerate his health back by ducking into the Insurgent. Once he/she regains his/her health, they can press right on the D-Pad to get back up on the gunner seat. Another tactic can be done if there are multiple players on the rear seats, they can take turns being gunners. The ability to use the turret can be done either from the passenger seats or while standing on the roof in case that both rear seats are occupied and another player wants to use the turret.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||81 / 130||6||N/A|
|8600 / 18960||80|
|7.6 Seconds||97 / 156||6||AWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by |
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- The Insurgent Pick-Up is used in the Humane Raid - Insurgents to protect the Insurgent from the attacking Merryweather operatives.
- It can be seen in the Merryweather convoy in the Pacific Standard - Convoy setup and can be used during the mission.
- It is featured during a variant of the freemode event, Kill List, where Merryweather operatives strike at the player with them manning the turrets.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- The Insurgent Pick-Up can be purchased on Warstock Cache & Carry for $1,350,000 after completing The Humane Labs Raid.
- Unlike the Insurgent, the Insurgent Pick-Up can only be called in by Pegasus.
- Insurgent Pick-Ups can be found in the Humane Labs area during the Humane Raid - Deliver EMP mission, however, they cannot be accessed or obtained.
- Pegasus deliveries: due to its size compared to the Rhino, the Insurgent Pick-Up has several additional possible delivery locations across the map. It will only spawn in olive drab.
- The Insurgent is one of the few vehicles in Grand Theft Auto Online to be based on a Canadian vehicle.
- Neither variant of the Insurgent has an engine model due to the bonnet/hood being impossible to open or remove. This is also the case for the Zentorno.
- Neither variant of the Insurgent has rear-view mirrors.
- In the enhanced version, the rear tail lights on the Insurgent Pick-Up are not mirrored, causing the inner lights to have different light casts when reversing. However, from a distance, they will be. This glitch is not present in the original version of the game.
- As of the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 Update, the Insurgent Pick-Up has gained corrections to the glitched rear lights (enhanced version only).
- It should be noted that when the player is driving in a GTA Online free-roam lobby, the player will appear as a "turreted vehicle" blip on the radar which is visually similar to the Insurgent itself, regardless of which variant they are driving. However, it was intended to indicate a "dangerous vehicle", as both Insurgents are heavily armored and destroying them is not easy.
- Strangely, despite being a lot lighter than the Rhino Tank in the handling files, the Cargobob can barely even lift the Insurgent off the ground, unlike the Rhino Tank. This puts its weight in excess of 60 tons.
- Upon release of the Heists Update, both versions of the Insurgent had a minor glitch where the front wheels received 4% of the power from the engine. This was fixed in the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1 update, so the Insurgent's front wheels receive 40% of the power instead.
- Both variants of the Insurgent come in a unique olive drab color. When comparing the stock color to the olive color in Los Santos Customs the stock color appears to have a unique shading to it. Also unique are the stock tire colors, which once changed cannot be changed back without the use of glitches.
- Insurgent - Unarmed variant.