Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The studio is based on Universal Studios. Like Universal, which has locations in Florida and Los Angeles, InterGlobal Studios has locations in Vice City and Los Santos. In GTA VC, the studio can be purchased for $60,000.
In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, InterGlobal Studios is featured on Prawn Island, and plays a role in both games. In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the studio serves as a pornography film studio for pornography film director Steve Scott, and is later bought by Tommy Vercetti. In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the studio is under the management of Reni Wassulmaier, who uses the studio to film commercials and "edgy" pop music videos before leaving Vice City to produce pornography in Europe.
Despite being associated with pornography shoots, the studio grounds, in both Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, seem relatively unrelated to pornography, including movie sets featuring battleships, a moon landing complete with an American flag (an apparent reference to conspiracy theories believing that the American moon landings were faked) and a mockup of Bedford Point. In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the sets are replaced with a Gothic showcase and a rocket taking off.
Besides its affiliation with crustaceans, the name of Prawn Island is a play on "porn" (or perhaps the internet slang "pr0n"), possibly in relation to the studio's preference to creating pornography.
"Crash!", a side mission, can be also accessed from here in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
Reni Wassulmaier's Missions
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there is also an InterGlobal Television studio on Fifth Avenue in Vinewood, Los Santos. This may suggest that the film studio has expanded or shifted into television, or exists in conjunction with InterGlobal Films. In here, the player can find a Sniper Rifle.
- Boy Scout Zombies
- Chick's 'N' Guns
- Chick's 'N' Guns II
- Evacuator Trilogy
- Heavy Weapons and its 9 sequels
- Push-Up - The Movie
- Top Down City
- In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City the southern part of the Studio contains a set using props from Grand Theft Auto III's Bedford Point intersection that resembles Time Square.
- This is the only spawning point for the Coach in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
- The shark in one of the sets can be seen in the water when the player beats all the missions for the studios.
- The shark seen during Vice City's asset missions and the way Steve Scott is obsessed with it is an obvious reference to the movie Jaws.
- Backlot City could be considered the counterpart of InterGlobal Television in Grand Theft Auto V.
- The logo design looks similar to the AT&T logo (1983-2005)
- The logo is similar to the Televisa original logo, the only difference being the "eye" is located in the upper left corner instead of being in the middle like the original logo, and it has wings on both sides of it, unlike the original logo.