- "Carl, I will ALWAYS be watching...or listening...or both."
- — Mike Toreno.
Toreno states that he needs a favor, but Carl asks about his brother. Toreno explains that he's in prison in upstate, and he is all right. Toreno then reveals that Tenpenny and Pulaski killed Ralph Pendelbury after he threatened to expose their corruption. He then goes on to explain the favor - there is precious cargo that needs collecting.
Carl heads to Las Brujas, near El Castillo del Diablo. Once there, Toreno contacts him through a speaker, and instructs him on what to do. Carl then picks up a rocket launcher and chooses a vehicle (a Bandito, a Quad, or a Sanchez) which he uses to climb up Arco del Oeste. Once atop Arco del Oeste, Carl lights a flare to signal the contraband helicopter. The helicopter heads for Arco del Oeste, but is ambushed by enemy choppers. Carl uses the rocket launcher to shoot down the enemy helicopters, protecting the contraband chopper and the package. Afterwards, the contraband helicopter drops the package north of Verdant Meadows. Carl picks it up, and heads for a garage in Las Brujas.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to El Castillo del Diablo in the desert
- Pick up the rockets
- Take a suitable vehicle and go to the top of the mountain
- Protect the contraband helicopter from the spooks
- Get the contraband
- Deliver the contraband to the hideout
The reward for this mission is $1000. The mission Verdant Meadows is unlocked.
- Toreno makes a slight error during the mission, as he claims that Tenpenny and Pulaski killed Ralph Pendelbury, when it was Jimmy Hernandez who actually shot Pendelbury. However, it must be noted that Hernandez only committed the murder after having his own life threatened by Tenpenny and Pulaski.
- The attacking helicopters in this mission move incredibly fast, faster than any helicopter in the game.
- Be especially cautious of the attacking Mavericks, as they have enemies with AK-47s firing at you. Also, when you shoot down a Maverick, it will fall and then explode multiple times; the splash damage of the explosions is incredible, and can kill the player easily if they are too close to the helicopter when it falls.
- A good weapon for this mission would be a minigun, as it can easily take the Mavericks down fast and might give you enough time to get away from a falling helicopter.
- While descending Arco del Oeste after destroying the helicopters, a priest and a Las Venturas prostitute can be seen driving up the road in a Journey.
- The Mavericks used by the CIA have been painted with a unique black color, though these are unobtainable.