Italy is a country in southwestern Europe. The capital and largest city is Rome. The country is bordered to the north by France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, as well as the enclaves of San Marino and Vatican City.
References in the GTA series
- The Mafia families are from Italy. They can be heard saying certain phrases in Italian.
- Many characters are of Italian descent.
- The Franchi SPAS-12 appear throughout the series.
- The Pistol in VCS is based on Beretta 92, an Italian weapon.
GTA III and LCS
- Saint Mark's, Portland, has a large Italian community.
- There are Italian flags on the Orbit Building in east Belleville Park, Staunton Island.
GTA San Andreas
- The district of Verona Beach is named after the Italian city of Verona.
- Gnocchi is an Italian clothing brand.
- Caligula's Palace casino is named after the Roman emperor Caligula.
- One of the callers to the I Say/You Say programme on West Coast Talk Radio mentions Vatican City.
- Grotti, Lampadati and Pegassi are Italian vehicle manufacturers, resembling Ferrari, Maserati, and Lamborghini.
- Al Dente's and Viendemorte are Italian restaurants, resembling Olive Garden.
- Birra Puttana is an Italian alcoholic beverage.
- Gnocchi reappears from San Andreas.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Stronzo is an Italian beer brand.
- An Italian flag can be seen at Los Santos Country Club.
- The neighborhood of Vespucci is named after the Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci, after whom the continent of America is named.
- The San Andreas Flight School Update added an Italy Chute Bag.
- Golfer Mark Fostenburg claims he has property in Milan, an Italian city.